ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit issuing terms

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mimeto
Newly Registered

work permit issuing terms

Post by mimeto » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:00 pm

Hi, I am a Bulgarian girl and I have just recieved a great job offer for the UK. The problem is they want me to start 13 December, that is in nine days. My documents for the work permit had been filed yesterday. Do you think it would be ready in such a short term , i.e. a week?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:48 pm

Work permits are generally issued within 5 working days sometimes even faster than that, provided your employer provides all information and there is no delay on that account. You also have to take into account the time it will take to recieve the documents in your home country.

You can prepare your application for EC and the relevant documents in the meantime so that when you recieve the work permit letter you can go straight to the british consulate without any further delay

I would say 13th is running a bit too tight and you might be delayed by a few days.

mimeto
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by mimeto » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:06 pm

thank u, that was good news!!!