ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain stamp on old passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sharpharp
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain stamp on old passport

Post by sharpharp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 am

Hi,

I need some advise on this issue please:

My wife has recently renewed her Indian Passport, and the old Indian Passport was obviously cancelled.
The old passport had the Indefinite leave to remain stamp on it.

My question is:
When travelling out of the UK (to India for example and back), can she still use the Indefinite leave to remain stamp from her old now-cancelled Indian passport by taking both the cancelled + new passport with her?

Also, is their any new changes to how this now works? Or is it ok to travel using the new passport and taking the old (with indefinite leave stamp on it) passport as well?

I read somewhere about a new system called NTL (no time limit), do we need to apply for this, or is the ILR stamp still valid on the old cancelled passport?

Thank you,

vinny

Re: Indefinite leave to remain stamp on old passport

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 am

Carry both passports.

See also 18A.

She may choose to apply for NTL in a new passport (see also 29). Perhaps necessary, if she applies for new employment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.