ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

serena80
Newly Registered

Return of Passports

Post by serena80 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have requested return of the passport/ documents lately?
We have requested the documents back in June and was told that they would be returned in 20 working days but so far nothing and every time I call 03001232253 I get contradictory information.

Can you please let me know if there is any other way to contact the Home office or if it's possible to collect the documents in person?

Appreciate your help.

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Re: Return of Passports

Post by Mehjoh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I asked for my passport back in June too, but the helpline is so useless, I've written a letter to UKVI Dept 1, sent an email to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, publicenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, ministerforimmigration@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and written to my MP. I suggest doing it because I suspect the helpline doesn't get you much further than emailing yourself. I don't think you have anything to lose by complaining, and maybe someone in authority will actually see you have been waiting long beyond the advertised waiting times. ps I still don't have my passport back, but my MP has written to the Director of UKVI, so maybe that will do something.

serena80
Newly Registered

Post by serena80 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Mehjoh, did your mp get any reply? When did he write to them?

Yes, did send the Special Delivery Guaranteed letter and emailed them as well. How and when did you first request the return of the documents?

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Post by Mehjoh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Asked for it back 5 June, reported no receipt 26 June, both via the online return of documents form. Sent first round of complaints 29 June, second round of complaints 6 July. Contacted MP 7 July, spoke with MP's parliamentary assistant 8 July. Received a written reply from MP 10 July stating he had written to UKVI's director general and his assistant would make a follow up phone call this week. Received an email response from Home Office Treat Official Team (follow up to the email I sent to ministerforimmigration@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) 13 July to say the department responsible had been contacted and I would get my passport in the next few days.

We'll see what shows up in the post by the end of this week...

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Post by Mehjoh » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Well, my MP got an email this morning to say the documents I asked for are on their way back to me in the Special Delivery envelope I sent in with my application. His assistant forwarded it to me. So hopefully the Royal Mail will give it to me tomorrow.

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Post by Mehjoh » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I got it today

serena80
Newly Registered

Post by serena80 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Wow!
Congrats! Happy for you.

I have contacted the local mp, who contacted HO and yesterday we got updated the passports have been send within the prepaid envelope that we have provided. But is still no tracking information.

When did they post and how?

serena80
Newly Registered

Post by serena80 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:32 am

Anyone else in my situation? :?

Mehjoh
Newly Registered

Post by Mehjoh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Did you keep the tracking info for your pre-paid envelope?

The email HO sent to my MP included the tracking number. Luckily it was the same as the one for my pre-paid envelope so I could track it myself. HO said they would send it, but they missed the post on the day, so it went next day at 9.30 am. Sure enough, I could track it the next evening. Try tracking it now, maybe it will work.