ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History related question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

17mayis
Newly Registered

Employment History related question

Post by 17mayis » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:39 pm

hi again might be a simple question or already answered but i couldn't find it sorry. So my question is can i write down the voluntary work that i did or its only has to be paid jobs only?

Thanks in advanced

noajthan

Re: Employment History related question

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:41 pm

17mayis wrote:hi again might be a simple question or already answered but i couldn't find it sorry. So my question is can i write down the voluntary work that i did or its only has to be paid jobs only?

Thanks in advanced
Employment history surely relates to paid work (only) as the notes refer to tax-related information.

Note employment is not a mandatory condition or requirement for naturalisation.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

royh

Post by royh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 pm

If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain, they can't deny you for being unemployed.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't think so..I guess, the only thing they will look for good character requirement.i.e any illegal working etc..

It's too early to commnet, as we haven't seen any rejections

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:34 pm

royh wrote:If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain, they can't deny you for being unemployed.
....... actually they can ! ...... and they have in so many cases.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:47 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote:
royh wrote:If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain, they can't deny you for being unemployed.

What do you mean? Have you heard of any refusals simply based on gaps in employment?
I mean employment gaps during periods when an applicant had the right to work full time.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 am

17mayis wrote:hi again might be a simple question or already answered but i couldn't find it sorry. So my question is can i write down the voluntary work that i did or its only has to be paid jobs only?

Thanks in advanced
"Voluntary work" is not "employment"!!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:
Is that so??? Because my understanding is that one does not have to be in employment in order to qualify for naturalisation. Can you please explain how this panned out in the "many cases" i.e. did the Home Office clearly indicate the that applications were being refused because the applicants were unemployed???

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 pm

ScopeD wrote:
zeusmagnanimous wrote:
Is that so??? Because my understanding is that one does not have to be in employment in order to qualify for naturalisation. Can you please explain how this panned out in the "many cases" i.e. did the Home Office clearly indicate the that applications were being refused because the applicants were unemployed???
Going by that premise, house-wives or house-husbands could never have applied for (and been granted) naturalisation!!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!