ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandiri
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa

Post by mandiri » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:42 am

Dear All

I have been searching the entire website but couldn't find any answer to my question.

I am a EU citizen married to a non-EU Citizen and currently residing in non-EU country.

We wish to travel to UK for holidays and it seems that UK has only one permit called EEA Family Permit which is actually more for settling than for traveling. Unlike German Embassy which issues free visas to spouses of any EU Citizen, UK doesn't seem to implement this. That means the only option is to apply for a General Visitor Visa and pay the hefty fee.

Just wondering what is the best option to apply for EEA FP or General Visitor Visa and pay the fee or the fee is waived for spouses of EU Citizens?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:26 pm

EEA FP can be used for visiting. It is not restricted to settlement.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

mandiri
Newly Registered

Post by mandiri » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:04 am

Dear Jambo

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you please suggest how to fill the VAF5 form in case we only wish to travels to UK instead of settling.

What should be mentioned as the purpose for the visit?

Thanks in advance.

mandiri
Newly Registered

Post by mandiri » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:38 pm

mandiri wrote:Dear Jambo

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you please suggest how to fill the VAF5 form in case we only wish to travels to UK instead of settling.

What should be mentioned as the purpose for the visit?

Thanks in advance.

Can please someone help. It's urgent as we need to apply soon.

mandiri
Newly Registered

Post by mandiri » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 am

Jambo wrote:EEA FP can be used for visiting. It is not restricted to settlement.
Dear Jambo

I have been through the entire thread that you have posted but was unable to find any information regarding how to fill EEA application for visiting purpose.

Would be very thankful if you spare a moment to reply back.

Thanks & Regards

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 pm

You fill the EEA family permit application by typing the info that is asked for.

mandiri
Newly Registered

Post by mandiri » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am

PrestonLancs wrote:You fill the EEA family permit application by typing the info that is asked for.
Hey PrestonLancs

Thanks for your reply.

To be specific, what do you fill in as Purpose of Your Visit?, How long do you intend to stay in UK etc.

My specific question was once again can EEP FP be used only for visiting UK for a few days and in case it can be used how do you go about mentioning the same in the form.

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 am

1. Yes, EEA FP can be used for short visits, as well as entry with intending to stay permanently.
2. Q. Purpose of Visit? A. Visit
3. Q. How long do you intend to stay in UK? A. So many days, weeks, whatever!

The EEA FP application has so many questions, that you will certainly come across one or two that will ask you your travel purpose specifics. Don't overcomplicate things and just answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and you should be alright.

Hope it is now clear.

mandiri
Newly Registered

Post by mandiri » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Rozen wrote:1. Yes, EEA FP can be used for short visits, as well as entry with intending to stay permanently.
2. Q. Purpose of Visit? A. Visit
3. Q. How long do you intend to stay in UK? A. So many days, weeks, whatever!

The EEA FP application has so many questions, that you will certainly come across one or two that will ask you your travel purpose specifics. Don't overcomplicate things and just answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and you should be alright.

Hope it is now clear.
Dear Rozen

Thank you very much for taking out time to reply to my question.

The EEA FP online application seems to be very complicated and I am struggling to understand how to answer various questions.

Passport / Travel Document
Q: How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
A: As long as my spouse (Is it okay, or I should write a time frame?)

Q: What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
A: Hotel (Not sure, what to fill in here, they suggest on one side not to make any concrete bookings prior to visa approval)

Employment, Income and Sponsor Details

Employment
Q: What is your current working status?
A: Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other

Income and Expenditure
Q: Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Q: How much do you spend each month on living costs?
Q: How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
Q: What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
Q: The total amount of money you have for this trip
Q: The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
Q: The cost of your accommodation
Q: The cost of your living expenses

Are these questions at all relevant for non-EEA spouse and should one answer with NA for all of the above?

Q: Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
A: Yes
Q: Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip?
A: Partner (No option of choosing spouse)

Q: Please explain why they are paying towards the cost of your trip?
A: I am a homemake and supported by my husband (Doesn't seem to make any sense, why same questions are being asked repeatedly)

Sponsor Details
Q: Are you being sponsored by a person(s)?
How should one answer this, does EEA spouse is to be mentioned as sponsor?

Family and Friends in the UK
Q: Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK
A: Accompany my husband to UK (Is it okay to answer like this?)

EEA National
Q: When did you last see the EEA National?
A: Asks for a date, don’t know how to answer this, we live together so see each other everyday, unable to proceed further without choosing a date? (Any suggestions?)

Relationship Details
Q: Have you or the EEA national ever been married before or in a long term marriage like relationship?
Q: Where did you live?
Q: When did you start to live together?
Q: When did you finish living together?
Q: Are you widowed, divorced, separated etc.?

(Does this imply for non-EEA National or EEA National? Incase both have been in a relationship before, whose details to mention here?)

Then there are following questions regarding EEA National

Q: What is their current working status?
Q: When did they start this job?
Q: Address?
Q: Job Description / Title / Rank?
Q: Type of work undertaken?
Q: How many hours per week do they work?
Q: How long is the work expected to last?
Q: What is their total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax?
Q: Do you or the EEA National have savings, properties or other income for example from stocks and shares?
Q: How much is spend each month in GBP(£) on living costs?
Q: How much of the total monthly income in GBP(£) is given to family members and other dependants?

Do they really have to be answered, even though one is not yet living in UK? And how are all these relevant?

And finally after one has mentioned the relationship as spouse, they again ask these questions

Q: How are you related to the EEA National?
Q: Who do you live with at the moment and what is your relationship to them?
Q: Who owns your home and what is your relationship to them?
Q: Who supports you financially and what is your relationship to them?
Q: What other family members do you have and where do they live?
Q: How often do you see these family members?

It seems unlike the paper VAF, they have listed all the questions without mentioning which one needs to be answered by spouse or by other dependents. All have been marked compulsory?

Sorry, my message has become a bit long, but really getting frustrated filling up the application and would appreciate if you could help based out of your experience.

Thanks in advance.