ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query-UK born dependent not applying ILR with main applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nks

Query-UK born dependent not applying ILR with main applicant

Post by nks » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello,
I know it isn't required for UK born dependent to apply for ilr along with main applicant as she can register for naturalization once I get my ILR. The query is in wake of so many success stories here where caseworker queries for the reason dependent is not applying at same time. Should I mention it in cover letter that reason we are not applying is as we plan to register her for naturalization on mn1 once I get my ilr?

Thank you for your advice.
nks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query-UK born dependent not applying ILR with main appli

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Children are REGISTERED on MN1 as British.
Adults are naturalised.

Yes, you can write it in a cover letter or in the additional information page of the form but it is not necessary. Caseworkers are only checking to make sure etc, nothing more than that, it is part of their job. Not all child dependents are UK born so likely that is why they ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nks

Re: Query-UK born dependent not applying ILR with main appli

Post by nks » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks. Good point, I will just mention that dependent child is UK born and currently holds valid T1 (G) dependent visa.
-nks