ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long residence gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apalo786
Newly Registered

long residence gap

Post by apalo786 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi, i have recieved decision from home office and they refused me because i had gap and according to immigration laws i couldn't prove them as continuous law full resident last ten years. basically i was okay until i had applied for post study work extension and i was refused due to shortage of 800 pounds statement , then i started appeal process but my appeal rights were exhausted after 10 months and i had recived 28 days notice to leave country but i had sent fax to home office to give me permission to submit new case , then i received letter after few days and i applied for post study work but i applied 9 days after 28 days removal time period finished and those 9 days breaking continuous period . Now home office give appeal right but i would like what are my chances please help me .

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: long residence gap

Post by physicskate » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:47 pm

apalo786 wrote:Hi, i have recieved decision from home office and they refused me because i had gap and according to immigration laws i couldn't prove them as continuous law full resident last ten years. basically i was okay until i had applied for post study work extension and i was refused due to shortage of 800 pounds statement , then i started appeal process but my appeal rights were exhausted after 10 months and i had recived 28 days notice to leave country but i had sent fax to home office to give me permission to submit new case , then i received letter after few days and i applied for post study work but i applied 9 days after 28 days removal time period finished and those 9 days breaking continuous period . Now home office give appeal right but i would like what are my chances please help me .

It's pretty clear that by submitting the application late (28 +9) you broke your residence. End of.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:04 pm

apalo786 wrote:Hi, i have recieved decision from home office and they refused me because i had gap and according to immigration laws i couldn't prove them as continuous law full resident last ten years. basically i was okay until i had applied for post study work extension and i was refused due to shortage of 800 pounds statement , then i started appeal process but my appeal rights were exhausted after 10 months and i had recived 28 days notice to leave country but i had sent fax to home office to give me permission to submit new case , then i received letter after few days and i applied for post study work but i applied 9 days after 28 days removal time period finished and those 9 days breaking continuous period . Now home office give appeal right but i would like what are my chances please help me .
Who told u to fax them to get permission for new application? Never heard about this idiotic thing before. U should applied for a new visa within 28 days from your appeal exhausted.

Go for appeal and try your luck. U will be very lucky if they even grant u any discretionary leave.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

oops! Get solicitors also you need all the help u can get