ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KKBA

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by KKBA » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Sali6454 wrote:
Kerr b wrote:Yes KKBA I applied on February 12 2015 and I got my PR last
Saturday June 27 2015
Hi Kerr b , if i am not wrong you sent your application 6 months before your 5 years tesidence permit due to expire ,Can you plz explain when was it due to expire as i only sent my application on 26th and money has been taken from my credit card today.
They were married for 4 years and divorced after the fourth year before the end of the 5 years RC.
He then applied for the PR just before the 5 years expired.
They haven't been together since the divorce proceedings started and finished.
He has the decree absolute and all that.

So he is confused when they said he should come to the interview with his ex wife as they don't live together.
Please any advice needed.

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Sali6454 wrote:
Kerr b wrote:Yes KKBA I applied on February 12 2015 and I got my PR last
Saturday June 27 2015
Hi Kerr b , if i am not wrong you sent your application 6 months before your 5 years tesidence permit due to expire ,Can you plz explain when was it due to expire as i only sent my application on 26th and money has been taken from my credit card today.
They were married for 4 years and divorced after the fourth year before the end of the 5 years RC.

So he is confused when they said he should come to the interview with his ex wife as they don't live together.

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:56 pm

sidcostas wrote:
KKBA wrote:Hi. My friend applied for PR 5 months ago.
He just got a letter saying he needs to come for an interview next week with his ex wife.
He doesn't know where the ex is. Does anyone have experience with this interview thing and what to do if you can't find your ex??
Please immediate answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi KKBA, can you give more details of how your friend has applied for PR? did he divorced? did he declare they were not together anymore? and how long after getting married did they divorce?

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:12 pm

KKBA wrote:
sidcostas wrote:
KKBA wrote:Hi. My friend applied for PR 5 months ago.
He just got a letter saying he needs to come for an interview next week with his ex wife.
He doesn't know where the ex is. Does anyone have experience with this interview thing and what to do if you can't find your ex??
Please immediate answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi KKBA, can you give more details of how your friend has applied for PR? did he divorced? did he declare they were not together anymore? and how long after getting married did they divorce?

Ok, the best thing he can do is to attend interview alone if his ex refuse to go with him, and your friend can tell they are now divorced and not in contact, but your friend need to attend interview as they probably just want to understand what happened there, i think what can maybe happen is that they will issue your friend with an extra 5 years residence, but most likely they will grant PR to your friend. He should get the divorce papers and everything he thinks it's relevant and bring with him, but only show evidence if he is asked to. He will be fine, if they invite for interview its better than a refusal.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Did anybody else received PR recently? I have now been waiting for 3 month now.

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:47 am

Applied 18 March 2015 and received COA after one week or so. 4 months on and i just want this to end.

Anybody with application in march or before and havent received pr/rc?

Life goes on...

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 am

We haven't heard of anyone that got PR card since biometrics was introduced in April have we?
Forza any updates from your side? Can't believe some people are waiting for PR for almost 5 months, whole summer holiday going to waste, i'm still thinking to ask my passport back next month as i have a family holiday coming up. Will keep everyone up to date, a friend of mine has received his PR a few weeks ago, it took exactly 4 months, but HO issue date was a month before he actually got it, so it might be that a lot of applications has been issued but are sitting there waiting to be dispatch. Keep updating guys.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:15 pm

rods wrote:Applied 18 March 2015 and received COA after one week or so. 4 months on and i just want this to end.

Anybody with application in march or before and havent received pr/rc?

Life goes on...
I made my application on 2nd March and got the COA after two weeks however no info as of yet with PR, its pure torture i want to end this as well :/
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

rods
Newly Registered

Post by rods » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:20 am

Speculation from my side...not confirmed!!!!

With the introduction of biometrics in April it is my gut feeling that a good portion of staff has been transitioned to the new process and a few is processing the "old way" to clear the backlog. The amount of people is not enough anymore to clear 99% of applications within 4 months time. As somebody mentioned above, their friend received the PR one month after its issuance date. This could be an indication that they are working in batches and not in a serial way.

On another topic, before April 2015, has anybody applied for a BPR (Biometric Residence Permit) while on EEA2 RC? I was reading about and would save me from a lot of hassle in having one of those as wouldn't need to send my passport back and forth for anything I do in this country.

Haazi12
Newly Registered

Post by Haazi12 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 am

[quote="KKBA"]

Anyone applied in March and received PR
Could you please let us know what did they asked to your friend on interview next week. I am in same situation but it bapply on 07 July and waiting for Coa . I was married for 4 years and 9 months. didn't applied for ROR but I was working and quilified and applied directly for PR.

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:42 am

Haazi12 wrote:
KKBA wrote:
Anyone applied in March and received PR
Could you please let us know what did they asked to your friend on interview next week. I am in same situation but it bapply on 07 July and waiting for Coa . I was married for 4 years and 9 months. didn't applied for ROR but I was working and quilified and applied directly for PR.
My friend's solicitor has written back to HO asking them to decide on the evidence presented in the application.
He argues that what they are demanding is unlawful quoting some guidance.
He says they can't refuse you based on not attending interview and even if the did appeal court will reverse their decision as it will not have been lawful.
Thanks

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:47 am

Can we safely assume that no one has received their pr in the past few weeks.
We need info as it'stoo quiet in here.
Anything will do.

nanbee
Newly Registered

Post by nanbee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Application sent on the 20th of February and COA received dated 6th March. Received my permanent resident on the 6th of July dated 3rd of July. Married to Dutch national with 4 children

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:30 pm

nanbee wrote:Application sent on the 20th of February and COA received dated 6th March. Received my permanent resident on the 6th of July dated 3rd of July. Married to Dutch national with 4 children
Congratulations ... that's good news thanks for sharing it with us.

i applied mine on 2nd march and still waiting its almost 5 months now... :(
Next Mission

Rue89
Newly Registered

Post by Rue89 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:36 am

Applied for a PR on 16/03/'15. Received my CoA on 21/03/'15. Still waiting for the PR almost 5 month on. (Japanese national married to an Italian national) I asked to get my passport back a couple of week ago and got it after 7 working days which means I can at least visit my family who needs me, but according to the letter they sent with my passport I need to apply for a family permit if I wish to re-enter the UK (my previous visa has expired now). Do you think I can just show my CoA and explain the situation to the immigration officer at the airport? Will they let me in, even as a tourist? I can't stay back home long enough to apply for a family permit...

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 am

Rue89 wrote:Applied for a PR on 16/03/'15. Received my CoA on 21/03/'15. Still waiting for the PR almost 5 month on. (Japanese national married to an Italian national) I asked to get my passport back a couple of week ago and got it after 7 working days which means I can at least visit my family who needs me, but according to the letter they sent with my passport I need to apply for a family permit if I wish to re-enter the UK (my previous visa has expired now). Do you think I can just show my CoA and explain the situation to the immigration officer at the airport? Will they let me in, even as a tourist? I can't stay back home long enough to apply for a family permit...
Please speak to a solicitor.
The trouble is you might not be allowed on the plane in the first place from where you'd be travelling from.
At a UK boarder, by all means you can explain yourself and surely they'd allow you in.
Where are you travelling to?
I heard that sometimes if you are with your European spouse you could travel together without a visa in Europe.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am

Hi all you are the first people to know I applied on
2nd March and got my PR today with a date of 27th July. So it took them almost 5 months.

Finally i can go for holiday.

The passport has a sticker saying PR and no mention of EEA does that means i will have to obtain a visa when travelling to europe?

When can I apply for British passport.
Next Mission

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

hunpak wrote:Hi all you are the first people to know I applied on
2nd March and got my PR today with a date of 27th July. So it took them almost 5 months.

Finally i can go for holiday.

The passport has a sticker saying PR and no mention of EEA does that means i will have to obtain a visa when travelling to europe?

When can I apply for British passport.
Congratulations.
Really pleased for you.
Applied 2nd April but still, received COA and still waiting for PR.
Hopefully not long to go with the March applications then us, the April ones.
Fingers crossed...

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi,

Please help.

I am married to an EU national by proxy and it will be 5 years in 2 months. My question is can i apply for PR in 2 months? She already has her PR since 6years ago. What are the chances of the HO approving my application? My current RC expires in 2017.

KKBA

Post by KKBA » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:40 am

behold2014 wrote:Hi,

Please help.

I am married to an EU national by proxy and it will be 5 years in 2 months. My question is can i apply for PR in 2 months? She already has her PR since 6years ago. What are the chances of the HO approving my application? My current RC expires in 2017.
I guess you can apply for PR as long as you have the right docs.
You need to show that your partner has been working for 5 years -thus 5 p60s
You need to add a few proof showing you have been living together for at least 1 year in the UK.
Then you will add payslips for yourself and you are good to go.
Are you guys still together?

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:19 am

Applied for EEA4: 30/06
Biometrics given a couple of weeks later
COA dated: 30/07

And so the wait begins..

martin54

Post by martin54 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:48 pm

behold2014 wrote:Hi,

Please help.

I would advice you to apply for BC if your partner hold British citizenship already. you can go tru this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

Best of luck

Melyne
Newly Registered

Post by Melyne » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a new to this forum, applying for PR , this is my time line:

Application sent as non EEA : 21/07/2015
Received by UKBA : 22/07/2015
Credit Card charge : 24/07/2015

Will definatety post any futher updates.

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:23 am

Melyne wrote:Hi everyone,

I am a new to this forum, applying for PR , this is my time line:

Application sent as non EEA : 21/07/2015
Received by UKBA : 22/07/2015
Credit Card charge : 24/07/2015

Will definatety post any futher updates.
Thanks for Sharing Melyne & Good luck :-)

eden
Newly Registered

Post by eden » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:56 pm

I apply for pr since April, but now I have important travel to make and I decided to
request for my passport back which I received within 5 days.
My question is that can I still travel when my application is still pending? I still got 3 years left on my visa after retained right of residence (ROR). Your response will be well appreciated.