ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment history 2008-09

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

params0073
United Kingdom

employment history 2008-09

Post by params0073 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 am

Hi,
I would be eligible for neutralisation in Jan 2016.Now for employment history I called HMRC they have my records from 2010 onwards but nothing for 2008-09.I was worked for an Indian company in 2008-09 (5 months on work Permit) I have soft copy P60 as well and that P60 shows PAYE number with the tax deduction but no national insurance number. I called up various HMRC department and they can’t seems find that 2008-09 record.

So my question is should I send them letter with old P60 so that they can link old record with the new national insurance? or shall I just leave it as while applying for neutralisation I will be providing the employer name etc ?
This old thread also mentioned that back then employer were able to pay tax and NI without NI details i.e.

Ban.s Wrote
“In absence of NI, employers can contibute year end tax and NI contibutions by mentioning employee's name, DOB, address and gender.”
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 31042.html

Please let me know what should I do ?

Thanks
Param

params0073
United Kingdom

Re: employment history 2008-09

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

anyone ?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:42 pm

HMRC only keep data up to 5 years backward in their ordinary computers and anything older than that you need to write to their brother department of data retrieval center where they hold data from 1948. It's exact address you can do Google search or inquire from hmrc.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Note that you don't have to send your tax forms. The only reason why someone would want to get the work history is if you don't remember it, but Home Office does not require for you to send it to them.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:15 pm

I have requested SAR (HMRC). Once I receive any document from them then I can find out whats going on .Once details are received from HMRC I can ask HMRC to link that record to my new NI number.

Will update the thread once I receive anything from HMRC.

Param

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: employment history

Post by nash45 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,

Does any body know what type of information do we get through SAR for the 10 years employment. I mean can we get the information about the employers we worked for and months if not dates.

Thank You

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: employment history

Post by nash45 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi All,
I have called HMRC three weeks ago and I was expecting to get all the information of how much tax I paid and if possible the dates with the employers I worked for.

I have received NI contributions for the last 10 years form HMRC only. It has given how much I have contributed till 2013-14. During the last 10 years I was in India for nearly 3 years. So I was not working in UK obviously. In the information sent by the HMRC the years when I was not in UK put £689 each year for three years and to pay by 2019.

Last day to pay they have given in 2023. It is saying that if you want to receive state pension you have to pay. It is slightly confusing. I was not self employed in UK for the other years.

For the 7 years I worked in UK it is showing no need to pay for those years. So it shows everything is in order.

Can anybody throw light on this issue. I have requested SAR also(It might take 40 days according to them)

My quesions are

1. Do they send separate letters for income tax and NI contributions or do I have to request again for Income Tax information.

2. Do I have to pay the said amount of the years when I was not in UK before applying for Naturalization.

3. As I said everything is perfect in terms of NI. Can I put the month and year and the employer (I do not remember the dates ) I worked for in the employment history as part of the application and proceed without waiting for any other information.

Please provide as much information as possible.

Thank You All

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:34 pm

nash45 wrote:Hi All,
I have called HMRC three weeks ago and I was expecting to get all the information of how much tax I paid and if possible the dates with the employers I worked for.

I have received NI contributions for the last 10 years form HMRC only. It has given how much I have contributed till 2013-14. During the last 10 years I was in India for nearly 3 years. So I was not working in UK obviously. In the information sent by the HMRC the years when I was not in UK put £689 each year for three years and to pay by 2019.

Last day to pay they have given in 2023. It is saying that if you want to receive state pension you have to pay. It is slightly confusing. I was not self employed in UK for the other years.

For the 7 years I worked in UK it is showing no need to pay for those years. So it shows everything is in order.

Can anybody throw light on this issue. I have requested SAR also(It might take 40 days according to them)

My quesions are

1. Do they send separate letters for income tax and NI contributions or do I have to request again for Income Tax information.

2. Do I have to pay the said amount of the years when I was not in UK before applying for Naturalization.

3. As I said everything is perfect in terms of NI. Can I put the month and year and the employer (I do not remember the dates ) I worked for in the employment history as part of the application and proceed without waiting for any other information.

Thank You All
Maybe you were on tier 1 visa and self employed for getting earning points. And maybe HMRC keep continue to assume your trading activities.

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Universal soldier wrote:
nash45 wrote:Hi All,

My quesions are

Thank You All
Maybe you were on tier 1 visa and self employed for getting earning points. And maybe HMRC keep continue to assume your trading activities.
Hi Universal Soldier,

I was on HSMP JR so no need to earn any points.

Thank You

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi All,

I have called the NI contributions regarding my query they said it is an voluntary to pay the NI contribution for those 3 years if you are not working or not self employed. In order to qualify for the full state pension when you reach that pension age (I think 65) .

In order to eligible to get full state pension you should contribute any 30 years (according to present rule) towards NI before you attain the age.

He said if I want those years count towards the NI contributions I can pay or else no need to worry. He also confirmed that I do not owe any money. He also said that there is long time for me to get that age so no need to worry.

Thank You All.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 am

params0073 wrote:I have requested SAR (HMRC). Once I receive any document from them then I can find out whats going on .Once details are received from HMRC I can ask HMRC to link that record to my new NI number.

Will update the thread once I receive anything from HMRC.

Param
Will be interesting to hear when you receive it and what type of information are included. I have requested my employment history via a form

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request

This was almost three months ago and I never received a response (didn't call).

I then also submitted a SAR online and received acknowledgement July 2nd ..

Am I seeing it right that the HMRC doesn't charge for the SAR ?!?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:59 am

Received couple of letter from HMRC.One was NI contribution which was zero ( I was expecting this) and second one showing my income when I was on work permit with the correct amount of tax(P14). It looks like my employer used my name, DOB, address and gender for filling out my tax return.HMRC has my details and I am not missing any history.So while applying I will just write employer details.

So Ban.s was correct.

Ban.s Wrote
“In absence of NI, employers can contibute year end tax and NI contibutions by mentioning employee's name, DOB, address and gender.”
indefinite-leave-to-remain/p60-vs-hmrc-tax-statement-t131042.html