ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n1994
Newly Registered

Re: October 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by n1994 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Called HO today and was on hold for an hour! I eventually gave up & now I have to pay for every minute I waited :|

foufou

Post by foufou » Thu May 14, 2015 9:34 pm

naruto wrote:Hello everyone,

I've applied since 28-10-2014 and still no news yet even thou I called HO few times but same old story again and again however I've sent them an email few weeks ago requesting an update as Its been more than six months and this was their response l; could you please read and share your thoughts!!!!

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your email about your application for naturalisation as a British citizen, which was received on 29 October 2014.

I am sorry that it is taking longer than we would wish for your application to be processed and that you feel our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: http://www.gov.uk/government/organisati ... r-services. Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Naturalisation is not an entitlement and before granting British citizenship we must be satisfied that an applicant meets all statutory requirements. It is standard policy to undertake a number of enquiries before an application for naturalisation can be decided. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

Furthermore, following recent clarification of the Nationality rules, greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for naturalisation. Your case has been identified as such a case and it has not been possible to conclude it within six months.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise that you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

Please do not contact the UKVI Contact Centre regarding the progress of your case as they will not be able to provide any further information. This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in deciding your application.

Regards,

Amber Robinson- AA03
Central Correspondence Team
Customer Service Operations
UK Visas & Immigration
Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9TT

even this EMAIL is old story, they always have excuses to keep our mouth shut after we paid £906 and £60 for ncs ,wish u all the best mate

twistedcp
Newly Registered

Post by twistedcp » Sun May 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi guys I have a question that's been on my mind since I applied for my naturalization. I'm going on holiday in August can I still travel with my old passport or can I not leave the country while they decide my application. It's been over 6 Months. (28/10/14). Please advice

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 2:35 pm

twistedcp wrote:Hi guys I have a question that's been on my mind since I applied for my naturalization. I'm going on holiday in August can I still travel with my old passport or can I not leave the country while they decide my application. It's been over 6 Months. (28/10/14). Please advice
Yes, u r free to travel as long as u have ur passport and brp with u. just make sure u keep an eye on ur post just incase u rcv ur approval while u r out.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am

Well my fellow peeps who's still waiting yet!!!! I'm approaching 7 long months of waiting now and giving up on chasing the HO.....

I was wondering if anyone has an idea how long will it take!!!! If the first 6 months wasn't enough for the HO to make a decision as my ILR took about 11 months to get approval, I'm just looking for ideas share your thoughts please

Fingers crossed for all who's Wating

Regards
LaDolceVita

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Hie guys

I have been away but still no joy my end.

Nway I emailed as someone suggested only got the response that they will reply on 20days I think I will just get the standard reply which a few of you have received.

I decided to ring again yesterday the guy was good took my details and red number and assured me I will receive a call from them between Tuesday and Friday .hope it will be positive ...

Two of my friends had reply after 9months one got it the other was refused because he has been in trouble before.

All the best to us

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sat May 30, 2015 8:18 am

Update of time line

Eligibility criteria: 10Yr + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK, +ILETS(B1)
Current nationality: Ugandan
Number of Applicants: 1(Adult)
Method of application: Postal(Self)
Date of application: 16/10/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees:Don't remember
Date of receipt by UKBA:17/10/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 11/November/2014
Date approval received: 29/May/2015(Dated 18/May/2015)
Date of ceremony: Will book with Croydon council soon.

For those of you waiting,this information may be important.
Total wait------------------------ 7months and 12 days,
Was application straight forward ??----I had no visa for about 15 months within my 10 yrs,but that was an issue resolved at 10yr(ilr),its possible this was the reason for the delay.(no convictions,civil or criminal).
Lastly---its been very painful,I counted each and every single day my application was with the Home Office,Indeed as one post put it ""My experience with the Home Office has always been a harsh one, for the past 12 yrs in the UK""
Take courage,yours, will soon drop through the letter box.
See you on B.passport thread.

WeepNotChild
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WeepNotChild » Sat May 30, 2015 11:54 pm

kadd wrote:Update of time line

Method of application: Postal(Self)
Date of ceremony: Will book with Croydon council soon.

Was application straight forward ??----I had no visa for about 15 months within my 10 yrs,but that was an issue resolved at 10yr(ilr),its possible this was the reason for the delay.(no convictions,civil or criminal).
Lastly---its been very painful,I counted each and every single day my application was with the Home Office,Indeed as one post put it ""My experience with the Home Office has always been a harsh one, for the past 12 yrs in the UK""
Take courage,yours, will soon drop through the letter box.
Hey Kadd.
Congratulations!!
Can you elaborate more on the how you resolved the 15-months period without a visa and when it happened.
I applied in October too and have some periods when I didn't have a visa.
Thanks.

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sun May 31, 2015 7:55 pm

What I actually meant was,even with a gap(as it was always said on 10yr ilr)--one's application for naturalisation could still go through.Don't forget, that some posts on this forum allege that,if you have a gap,that could be deemed as ''illegal stay'' in the UK,then your application for British Citizenship could be turned down.So, it was this allegation I was trying to refute,using my own experience and case--and that you shouldn't worry----as long as that gap(illegal stay),was not of your making.
In my case,my application for a visa was refused by the HO in August 2009,the problem I had then, was that my college lost it's sponsorship license, at the very time my visa was expiring---but i went on, to submit my application for extension of ''leave to remain'' that was later refused by the HO---by the time I got an extension of ''leave to remain'' this was now December 2010(I appealed).
The fact that my college lost its sponsorship license, was not my fault and the HO was required by law, to give a student, 60 days to find a new college,which clearly was not done in my case----they just turned down my application------Therefore,the resultant ''15 month Gap''(illegal stay) that I mentioned earlier was not my own making but the HO
That was my argument at the appeal, and the ILR stage-----and finally, I have prevailed.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun May 31, 2015 8:23 pm

kadd wrote:What I actually meant was,even with a gap(as it was always said on 10yr ilr)--one's application for naturalisation could still go through.Don't forget, that some posts on this forum allege that,if you have a gap,that could be deemed as ''illegal stay'' in the UK,then your application for British Citizenship could be turned down.So, it was this allegation I was trying to refute,using my own experience and case--and that you shouldn't worry----as long as that gap(illegal stay),was not of your making.
In my case,my application for a visa was refused by the HO in August 2009,the problem I had then, was that my college lost it's sponsorship license, at the very time my visa was expiring---but i went on, to submit my application for extension of ''leave to remain'' that was later refused by the HO---by the time I got an extension of ''leave to remain'' this was now December 2010(I appealed).
The fact that my college lost its sponsorship license, was not my fault and the HO was required by law, to give a student, 60 days to find a new college,which clearly was not done in my case----they just turned down my application------Therefore,the resultant ''15 month Gap''(illegal stay) that I mentioned earlier was not my own making but the HO
That was my argument at the appeal, and the ILR stage-----and finally, I have prevailed.
Excellent tip Kadd, I also went to a college which was banned after I left and most likely my application is delayed for the same reason. Very glad to hear your story.

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 am

Attendence please! (If you're still an active member)
How many people are still waiting??

twistedcp
Newly Registered

Post by twistedcp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Knowledge_is_Power wrote:Attendence please! (If you're still an active member)
How many people are still waiting??
I am still waiting 7 months now.....*sigh*

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Still waiting date of app was 21/10/2014 so 7months well we in June now so entered my 8month.

Still hopeful though sighhhhh

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:19 am

Same here I'm still waiting since the 28-10-2014 7 months so far!!!!! Can't wait for that brown envelope fingers crossed everyone!!!!
LaDolceVita

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

WeepNotChild wrote:
kadd wrote:Update of time line

Method of application: Postal(Self)--Special delivery
Date of ceremony:10/june/2015(Croydon council)

Take courage friends,yours, will soon drop through the letter box.

Hey Kadd.
Congratulations!!
Can you elaborate more on the how you resolved the 15-months period without a visa and when it happened.
I applied in October too and have some periods when I didn't have a visa.
Thanks.

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Hey guys just thought I wld pass by I amstill waiting and I am very hopeless now.stressed stressed

twistedcp
Newly Registered

Post by twistedcp » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Guys just a to let you know I got my letter from home office today and it has been approved :D :D :D . After 8 month of waiting. Thank God and everyone on here who gave advice. My ceremony is on Wednesday. Both the approval came today with the ceremony letter from my council

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:44 pm

twistedcp wrote:Hi Guys just a to let you know I got my letter from home office today and it has been approved :D :D :D . After 8 month of waiting. Thank God and everyone on here who gave advice. My ceremony is on Wednesday. Both the approval came today with the ceremony letter from my council
congratulation mate , is your application was straightforward ? if u don't mind

twistedcp
Newly Registered

Post by twistedcp » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 am

foufou wrote:
twistedcp wrote:Hi Guys just a to let you know I got my letter from home office today and it has been approved :D :D :D . After 8 month of waiting. Thank God and everyone on here who gave advice. My ceremony is on Wednesday. Both the approval came today with the ceremony letter from my council
thanks mate, i thought it was pretty straightforward as i waited for the 5 years before applying, never had a letter requesting for more information or anything. but yet still it took 8 month to make a decision. when did you apply for yours?

foufou

Post by foufou » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:13 pm

twistedcp wrote:
foufou wrote:
thanks mate, i thought it was pretty straightforward as i waited for the 5 years before applying, never had a letter requesting for more information or anything. but yet still it took 8 month to make a decision. when did you apply for yours?
I applied on 15/01/2015 its more then 5 months now , I hope I will hear a good news soon . good luck with ur passport application mate

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi guys I have an enquiry!!!

I applied for natrsulastion on October 2014 and I had a case with the police where I was on police bail for few months than got NFA'd by police no further action, however after waiting for nearly 7.5 months the home office sent me a letter saying I've had an impending trail etc and said that I must submit a written proof from police or CPS Crown Proscution service of case been dropped or NFA I went to the police station and requested a proof of NFA and I was given something slightly different the police letter said cancellation of bail and the reason for cancelling your bail due to not to be preceded with pending CPS!!! And spoke to the CPS and they said they won't have me on thier system as I've not been charged or either went to court!!!

I need an advice on what to do please as I've never been arrested or never had any issue with the authority I was just in the wrong place wrong time.

Please advise ASAP.

P.s I've sent the proof from the police and my solicitor saying that I was NFA and police letter saying not to be proceeded with pending CPS and cover letter explaining everything so far so fingers crossed!!!
LaDolceVita

mastavis
Newly Registered

Post by mastavis » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:47 am

"Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 general 5 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK Degree Masters + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Hounslow Council
Date of application: 15/10/2014
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not sure
Date of acknowledgment: 30/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/10/2014
Date approval received: 10/07/15
Date on letter: 07/10/15
Date of ceremony: Awaiting ceremony letter"
Reason for delay: Police clearance certificate had an error so had to provide fingerprints to fix it ( asked by Home Office)
mastavis wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 general 5 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK Degree Masters + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Hounslow Council NCS
Date of application: 15/10/2014
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not sure
Date of acknowledgment: 30/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/10/2014
Date approval received: Longest wait ever
Date of ceremony:

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Congrats to those who have had replies ..next week it will be 10 full months guys this is disheartening

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hello guys it's too quiet on here am I the only October applicant still waiting

a5ifkamal

Post by a5ifkamal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm

WOLVES2014 wrote:Hello guys it's too quiet on here am I the only October applicant still waiting
Very frustrating. Have you contacted Home Office or your MP?