ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit for EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stonecold
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit for EEA family member

Post by stonecold » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi Guys, I understand that there is no any such restrictions for eea nationals to visit UK. However, my wife who is EEA national and holding PR status in UK, would like to apply for EEA Family permit for her EEA mother (who is over 70s and pensioner) as a dependant.

We have our own house and enough space. Her EEA mother is coming next month from Lithuania to visit us and once she arrived, we have a plan to apply Residence Card for her. We are just wondering whether my EEA wife need to proof her mother's dependency on her and other requirements? Please can anybody advice what documents would be needed for her RC application that would be sufficed?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family permit for EEA family member

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 pm

stonecold wrote:Hi Guys, I understand that there is no any such restrictions for eea nationals to visit UK. However, my wife who is EEA national and holding PR status in UK, would like to apply for EEA Family permit for her EEA mother (who is over 70s and pensioner) as a dependant.

We have our own house and enough space. Her EEA mother is coming next month from Lithuania to visit us and once she arrived, we have a plan to apply Residence Card for her. We are just wondering whether my EEA wife need to proof her mother's dependency on her and other requirements? Please can anybody advice what documents would be needed for her RC application that would be sufficed?
Why would an EEA citizen need any form of permit to come to the UK? She can enter and live in the UK as a dependent of her daughter no problem. An EEA family permit would not be issued to an EEA citizen.

The form gives the details of how to prove dependency if you do wish to apply for an residence card for her: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf.

Page 86:'Evidence of dependency (section 7) – e.g. money transfer receipts, bank statements showing money transfers, evidence of accommodation provided by sponsor, etc.' Also read section 7.

stonecold
Newly Registered

Post by stonecold » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks Chaoclive!

But the problem is that NHS is now refusing EEA national if they are not exercising treaty right. We will apply for her RC once she has arrived here in UK next week. Not sure if my wife have all the receipts of money transfers as I believe she never keep them..:( :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:42 pm

stonecold wrote:Thanks Chaoclive!

But the problem is that NHS is now refusing EEA national if they are not exercising treaty right. We will apply for her RC once she has arrived here in UK next week. Not sure if my wife have all the receipts of money transfers as I believe she never keep them..:( :(
This makes no sense.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

stonecold
Newly Registered

Post by stonecold » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Sorry if I confused you!

My mother in law is on medical and I am just wondering if NHS refuse to registered her as she is pensioner and not exercising treaty right until she will get her RC. Also we need to proof her dependencies' and I believe my wife have lost all the receipts and it might be difficult for us to proof financial dependencies.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:41 pm

stonecold wrote:Sorry if I confused you!

My mother in law is on medical and I am just wondering if NHS refuse to registered her as she is pensioner and not exercising treaty right until she will get her RC. Also we need to proof her dependencies' and I believe my wife have lost all the receipts and it might be difficult for us to proof financial dependencies.
You don't need to prove any dependence - she's a EU citizen.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....