ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier1(G) and dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aks57

ILR for Tier1(G) and dependant

Post by aks57 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 am

Dear all,
I have few queries with regards to the application for ILR and would like some advise on that.

My status: Tier 1 - General

Approval for myself 29/06/2010
Approval for my wife 02/09/2010
Entry date in UK 11/09/2010
Last Extension 2012
Date of expiry 18/10/2015

My questions are:

1. Based on the 90 day rule and as mentioned on the SET(O) form, the date for application can be taken as "The date on which you were first granted permission to remain in the UK in the relevant category". For applying together, back calculating for 28 days from my wife's clearance date which comes as 06/08/2015. Therefore PEO appointment can be booked on or after this date.

2. On the application form, in section 1.4 it asks for "Your full name as in your passport or travel document". Does that mean that you have to give your NAME + SURNAME as is give on the Passport or just the Name as Section 1.5 asks for Surname.

3. Section 4.3, As both me and my wife's degrees are recognised by the PBS calculator, I will giving a printout of the Tier 2 (G) PBS printout and ticking on the following boxes

"An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;"

4. "Section 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based". I will be entering 11/09/2010.

5. "Section 10.13 Date your fingerprints were taken?" The last extension for me was done in 2012, but was a postal application with Fingerprints taken in a Post office and I don't remember the date, can I put any nearby dates or the date of the approval?

6. "Section 12L For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules". I will leave this box as blank.

I would appreciate if someone can help me answering these questions.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards
aks57

aks57

Re: ILR for Tier1(G) and dependant

Post by aks57 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi,
Could somebody please advise the answer to at least the first question as I have to fix my PEO appointment soon.

Thanks
aks57

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:26 pm

1. Your dependant's date(s) has nothing to do with when (the date) you become eligible to apply for settlement. It has to do with your dates only. Given that you arrived within 90 days of being granted EC, you may apply any day now.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aks57

Post by aks57 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Dear sushdmehta,
Thanks for your reply. I was asking this because as a dependent she also has to complete 5 years for ILR and was not sure whether the 28 days and 90 days requirement was valid for her as well. Hope your response is valid for her case as well.

Thanks
aks57

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:50 am

aks57 wrote: I was asking this because as a dependent she also has to complete 5 years for ILR
Does she?

FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting
Q12

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:54 am

Hi,

You and your wife both can apply ASAP/now.

5 years (or 4 years 11 months and 02 days) only applies to you in this case. For your wife, she needed only two years as she arrived in UK before July 2012. Those dependants who arrived after July 2012 (not UK born) need to complete 05 years which isn't true in your case. So feel free to book your appointment (PEO/postal) at the earliest.

aks57

Post by aks57 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:43 am

Many thanks to both sushdmehta and ashehzi for their valuable inputs. I have booked an appointment.

aks57

New Set(O) form Ver. 08/2015 issued, do I need to fill it?

Post by aks57 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:19 am

Hi
I have just seen that the latest update of Set(O) form has been issued (Version 08/2015). I have an appointment on 08/08/2015 and have filled up the older version. Do I need to update the form now?

Additionally, there is another issue with my wife's degree which I was going to provide as a proof for KOLL English language requirement which is giving 10 points on PBS calculator. In her degree she has her father's name added as a middle name. She does not have this on her passport or visa and there was never an affidavit filed as she did not change it but was a university way to add this as a middle name. Is it going to be an issue? How can I justify this. Can somebody urgently respond?

Thanks for all your support in a advance.

Regards
aks57

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:10 am

34I and 34Y state that when a new application form is specified, the older one is valid for 21 days. So, it is up to you!

If the first and the last name are the same as in the passport, then I don't think it will be a problem. To be on the safe side, take your marriage certificate along.

aks57

Post by aks57 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for your constant support sushdmehta. I will probably fill up a revised form but greatly appreciate your knowledge on this subject.

I will be taking my marriage certificate as advised.

Regards,
aks57

aks57

Post by aks57 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:16 am

Dear Sushdmehta....just one question though, how would Marriage certificate help in justifying name in the degree? Are we trying to give any reference here?

aks57

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

There is no way you can justify the name in the degree unless you get a letter from the University explaining why they add "father's name" as the "middle name" to the name of the person to whom degree is being awarded.

The marriage certificate just proves that the dependant is married to the principal migrant, and is considered as evidence of lastname /surname change subsequent to marriage (if there is a change, that is).