ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing the name order in first British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahjee11

Changing the name order in first British passport

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to change the order of my name in my first British adult passport which I will be applying for soon. My question is how easy it is to ask the HMPO to put my name in a different order. Not altogether but just replacing my current first name with my current Middle name. See the example below

Name in foreign Passport and on naturalization paperwork: Mr Alan John Wilson Robertson

Name I would like to in a different order: Mr John Alan Wilson Robertson (John Robertson instead of Alan Robertson in a short form)

This is how my name is recorded with all of my utility service providers, Bank, employer, HMRC, DVLA and any other office I have a contact with. I tried to put this request in my naturalization application but NCS worker told me that HO will not agree to this and she put my name in the same order as it has been on my passport etc. This is only to bring my name in line with all other offices I deal with and for no other reasons.

Could someone please let me know if it is possible? Have someone else tried to do this and have been successful?
Any help would be much appreciated.

geriatrix

Re: Changing the name order in first British passport

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Deed poll.

Do you hold citizenship of another country? Check if you will need to change the name in that country's passport as well. If so, you will need to follow name change procedure according to that country's law / requirement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!