ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (IED) delays

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

FLR (IED) delays

Post by Chess » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:14 am

Does any one know why FLR-IED should take such a long time when the issue of a WP only takes a few days..

..Is previous immigration history reviewed as part of FLR-IED? and if so what do they look for...

...I just cant fathom why FLR-IED is such a lengthy process :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:10 am

I am not sure if the previous history of an applicant is reviewed (It should show up automatically from their database anyway)

When I spoke to the incountry team they said they are experiencing a lot of urgent requests for the christmas holidays or other travel requirements and they hope to move faster soon. Also they have processed a weeks worth now as against 2 day for the 2 weeks before that. So there is some hope.

very_frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by very_frustrated » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:05 pm

I have a feeling they are putting a lot of resources on the urgent treatment requests.

Take my case....

Submitted - 21 September.
When I called the HO, they kept telling me it won't be due before Xmass.

My employer lost their patience and wrote a letter to the Home Office on monday 6 Dec with an urgent treatment form. FLR approved on thurday 9 Dec and arrived today 10 Dec.

I suspect if you do not request for urgent treatment, they will just keep you waiting... and waiting.... and waiting.....