ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hellp!! which form ?? EEA2 or FMRS - family member residence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ice_172003
Newly Registered

Post by ice_172003 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:56 pm

first of all thanks to everyone posting on this forum its been a lot of help for me and my husband when we've been apllying for eea family permit now we've been in uk for 2 months already i get back to uni my husbend start it :) as well. we both working part time as well as study full time now i dont know on which form to aplly for his residency card eea2 or fmrs i've been in uk for 2,5 year now but i never worked before i was a student so i wasnt register with working registration schame till now (by the way im polish he is turkish) so im not entitle to registration certificate (i think). on which basis is better for us to aplly me beaing a student or me working here ??? help pls

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ice_172003
Newly Registered

Post by ice_172003 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:56 pm

hi i read that chapter but i still dont know what to do as it is not saying there about situation when a a8 member is a student???

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:25 pm

3. A8 NATIONALS

Nationals of A8 Member States who wish to exercise their treaty rights in the UK, have a right of residence here under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 provided that they are:

• Self-employed
• Self-sufficient
• Students
• Self-employed persons who have ceased activity

They are eligible to apply for registration certificates and should be treated in the same way as nationals of the other Member States. Their family members are entitled to the same rights as family members of other EEA nationals and are eligible to apply for residence cards/EEA family permits.

A8 national workers may be required to register in the UK with the Worker Registration Scheme.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:59 pm

ice_172003, in plain words, apply using the EEA2.
Jabi

vinny

Re: hellp!! which form ?? EEA2 or FMRS - family member resid

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 pm

ice_172003 wrote:so im not entitle to registration certificate (i think)
Moreover, if you are an A8 student, then I think that you may use the form EEA1, since A8 students are:
eligible to apply for registration certificates and should be treated in the same way as nationals of the other Member States.

ice_172003
Newly Registered

Post by ice_172003 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:28 am

thank you it is great news

ice_172003
Newly Registered

Post by ice_172003 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 pm

well sorry but are u sure i should appy on this forms?? as i just read a guidance notes for wrs form and it is saying that student whos also working is requaried to register themself with the scheme and that change it also with the forms

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:12 pm

If an A8 student, who is also working, is considered as an A8 worker, then you and your husband would have to follow the A8 worker route.