ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ after Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anp

CCJ after Naturalisation Application

Post by anp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:19 am

Hi,

Just got an alert about a CCJ added to my name 2 months after I submitted my application.

I will call the court and make arrangements of course as I wasn't aware of it, but will it have an adverse effect on my application?

Any advise would help.

Thank you.
Be good.

Gomjaba

Re: CCJ after Naturalisation Application

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:50 am

If the CCJ was not on your record at the time of the application - I don't see how that can be an issue. If it was on the record at the time of the application but you didn't know about it - maybe yes. But I am sure someone senior here can give you some better advise.

Unfortunately case workers seem to make it up as they go along ..

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 am

You are going to have to dig deep with this to get your answer - Simply put, if you do/did not know about the case, you are able to file something called Statutory Declaration at your local court - this means, proceedings will start from scratch and any markers are removed and furthermore, you will have an opportunity to; a) defend yourself or b) agree OOC [out of court] settlement.

I would start with ringing the clerk at the court where you were convicted and see what they hold for you. Note that filing Statutory Declaration is free and court would help you when you are there.

DO NOT TAKE DISADVANTAGE OF THIS DECLARATION - IF YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS CONVICTION AND DID NOTHING OR CHOSE TO IGNORE, YOU MUST NOT FILE STATUTORY DECLARATION.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

anp

Post by anp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:37 pm

Should I write to HO with an explanation? Or wait if they will ask for one? I fear delays, or even worst...refusal!!
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Any advise anyone? I am currently abroad and unable to do anything about it.
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Will I need to inform the HO?
Be good.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 am

Why are you just thinking one directional, HO? Have you given it a thought of getting to the bottom of the root cause and try to fix that? If you are able to fix it, you wont have to worry - not only for HO, but for all other places/applications where you need to declare if you have ever had a CCJ. It is a big thing, do not take it lightly. Of course, it is your call!

All the best!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

anp

Post by anp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Of course I am fixing it as we speak. Just wanted to know how will HO possibly see it as this is a particularly rare and specific situation.
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Spoke to a couple solicitors and wrote a letter to HO. I informed them of the change of circumstances and that the CCJ is being taken care of. Called the HO and they told me that I did the right thing and that it shouldn't have any negative effect on the outcome...providing that everything else is in order. Patiently waiting now.
Be good.

Ezechris
Newly Registered

Post by Ezechris » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm

anp wrote:Spoke to a couple solicitors and wrote a letter to HO. I informed them of the change of circumstances and that the CCJ is being taken care of. Called the HO and they told me that I did the right thing and that it shouldn't have any negative effect on the outcome...providing that everything else is in order. Patiently waiting now.
Thanks anp for this referal. Now I can get some sleep cos someone has actually spoken to the HO on this issue. And yes I will definitely let you know how I get on. Thanks buddy. I believe we will be fine.