ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tire1Questions

Naturalisation application queries

Post by Tire1Questions » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 am

Hi there,
I am on Tire 1(G) visa and was granted ILR in 2014. I am just about to apply for Naturalization, while I was filling up the application form and was gathering all required documents, I came to find out that the HO did not return my Life in UK test Certificate which I sent them during my ILR application. As its been nearly a year, I do not think even if I write them, they will take the pain to find my certificate and send it to me.

Do we need to show the Life in UK test again at the time of applying for Naturalization? I am sure other people should have been in the similar situation before.

geriatrix

Re: LITUK submitted for ILR, Can I apply for BC without it

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 am

There is an option in the AN form:
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks Sushdmehta for your reply.
I have read the form. On the form (1.22) its asks for the Test Number. should I just leave it blank as I do not know the number. I have checked, I have not got any photocopy of Life in UK test certificate either.

Best regards

Tire1Questions

Naturalization applicaiton in progress and Travelling abroad

Post by Tire1Questions » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello there,
I am sure this situation must have raised earlier with many people.
When your application for naturalization is in progress (your BRB has been done) and you have to travel abroad: Can you just take flight with your (indian) passport and your BRP Card?
I am willing to go abroad for 30 days after submitting my application for Naturalization so, by the time, I am back, I have ceremony to attend.

Comments please.

secret.simon

Re: Naturalization applicaiton in progress and Travelling ab

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm

@Tired1Questions

Provided you have submitted your biometrics, yes, you can take fright with your Indian passport and BRP card.

Make sure that somebody has access to your post at home in the meanwhile as you need to call the council to book the citizenship ceremony within 3 weeks (21 days) of the approval. The ceremony itself can be later (within 90 days of the approval).

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Thanks Secret.simon

Oh yes, my wife will be at home to access my post.

AT NCS, they will return my passport and BRP card back to me after looking at it?

Tire1Questions

5+1 Years Eligibility??

Post by Tire1Questions » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello all,
I have another quesiton here.
I was granted Tire 1 (G) visa on 14 September 2009
I arrived in the country on 22 October 2009
I was granted ILR on 18 August 2014

(since I entered in UK first time on 14 September 2009, I have only been out of UK once only for 5 days).

Am I eligible to apply for Nationalization on 18 August 2015? (exactly on the first anniversary of ILR)
(Though, If I count the total nos of days from 14 September 2009 to till date, it only adds up to 5 Years and 11 months and 21 days)

Can someone please advise if I should I go ahead and apply for naturalization on 18 August 2015?

secret.simon

Re: 5+1 Years Eligibility??

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:35 pm

You can, provided you were in the UK on 18th August 2010, exactly five years from the date of your application and meet all other requirements for citizenship.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Tire1Questions wrote:Thanks Secret.simon

Oh yes, my wife will be at home to access my post.

AT NCS, they will return my passport and BRP card back to me after looking at it?
Yes.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Tire1Questions wrote:Thanks Sushdmehta for your reply.
I have read the form. On the form (1.22) its asks for the Test Number. should I just leave it blank as I do not know the number. I have checked, I have not got any photocopy of Life in UK test certificate either.

Best regards
Well, if you do not have the test number then all you can do is leave it blank! Nothing to worry. UKV&I is aware that you applied for settlement after Oct. '13.

And, please keep your queries regarding your naturalisation application in a single topic.

Tire1Questions

Carr Accident and Naturalisation-QUESTION Reply Wanted

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello there,
I had an accident in October 2014. A car pulled in front of me from side road while I was driving on the main road. Its obviously not my fault. I called the police. The policeman came on spot and said no one was drunk, hence no crime is committed. He gave me log number and said its between your insurance companies now and left.

I notified my insurance company and provided all the pictures (I took of accident showing the location of my car and third part's car). The third party never responded to any request my insurance company. July 2015, my insurance company went to the court against the third party insurance company. When it went to the court, the third party is accusing me of causing the accident. My solicitor has asked me to provide more evidence.

However, all this dispute in the court is for the compensation of the damage. (My car was written off and my insurance company paid me the market value of the car).

I am going to apply for naturalization on August 19, 2015 (which is next week). My questions are:
1) Should I mention this accident on the application form. If yes, I cannot see any coloum for pending litigation on the form.
2) Though I am going to fight for it but if in any case, it goes in favor of the third party, will it affect the outcome of my application. I reckon, the court should have its degree in about 3- months time and thats the same time my application with HO be decided. I know technically speaking, no-body is accused at the moment in the case.
3) Any suggestion from seniors what can be done on my part to stop it affecting the outcome of my application

I am worried, please help.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Carr Accident and Naturalisation-QUESTION Reply Wanted

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

In one line - You are fine, you have nothing to worry about.

The way it works - You have insurance company who has paid your claim out. Now, whatever case is going on in the court, is between the two insurance companies to own up to the liability. Of course, they would both blame another.

Also, since police has cleared you, notably there was no criminal damage and as such, you have nothing to worry about. If it further helps, I had an RTC, where I was at fault, a month after my Naturalisation application. I had damaged public property for which I was given course to attend and that was it. If you comply, you have nothing to worry about. In your case, your's did not even did not go that further. Note that I have my application approved last week!

Finally, the politically correct term for this si RTC - Road Traffic Collision and not an accident :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Tire1Questions wrote:Hello there,
I had an accident in October 2014. A car pulled in front of me from side road while I was driving on the main road. Its obviously not my fault. I called the police. The policeman came on spot and said no one was drunk, hence no crime is committed. He gave me log number and said its between your insurance companies now and left.

I notified my insurance company and provided all the pictures (I took of accident showing the location of my car and third part's car). The third party never responded to any request my insurance company. July 2015, my insurance company went to the court against the third party insurance company. When it went to the court, the third party is accusing me of causing the accident. My solicitor has asked me to provide more evidence.

However, all this dispute in the court is for the compensation of the damage. (My car was written off and my insurance company paid me the market value of the car).

I am going to apply for naturalization on August 19, 2015 (which is next week). My questions are:
1) Should I mention this accident on the application form. If yes, I cannot see any coloum for pending litigation on the form.
2) Though I am going to fight for it but if in any case, it goes in favor of the third party, will it affect the outcome of my application. I reckon, the court should have its degree in about 3- months time and thats the same time my application with HO be decided. I know technically speaking, no-body is accused at the moment in the case.
3) Any suggestion from seniors what can be done on my part to stop it affecting the outcome of my application

I am worried, please help.
1) This appears to be a civil matter between 2 insurance companies not a crime, so: no (don't mention).

2) If the case is lost someone (you/your insurance company?) loses money. You will not have any form of conviction against you.

3) Apply anyway & focus on remaining details of your application.

Good luck
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

The case in court is not between the two insurance companies. My insurance company's solicitor suggested that I should sue the third party's insurance company in court and they have sent the paper work in "ABC Insurance Ltd" Vs Mr. ABC (thats my name). I do not see why it has been done between an individual and an insurance company?
The case being in my name, would it make any difference to the outcome of my application?

geriatrix

Re: Naturalisation application queries

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Topics merged.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Tire1Questions wrote:Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

The case in court is not between the two insurance companies. My insurance company's solicitor suggested that I should sue the third party's insurance company in court and they have sent the paper work in "ABC Insurance Ltd" Vs Mr. ABC (thats my name). I do not see why it has been done between an individual and an insurance company?
The case being in my name, would it make any difference to the outcome of my application?
ok, understood. But IMHO it's still a civil matter (just like buying a house or getting divorced) & so it's of no relevance to a naturalisation application.

In my opinion it has no bearing on your good character (except, I suppose, it reinforces your good character as you are fighting for your rights in a non-violent & civilised way - through the courts).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tire1Questions

Re: Naturalisation application queries

Post by Tire1Questions » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Thank you very much. Feel a lot better.
I am going to see an immigration solicitor tomorrow (i have already book him for an hour) and see what he says!