ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avimanyu_sengupta

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 am

tallurid wrote:Can some one please help. I submitted my daughter MN1 application on 1st of April and fees was deducted on 15th of April. I received the acknowledgement letter on 1st week of May and from then no letters/response. I have been watching this forum quite for some time and noticed that the applicants are receiving certificates now for the applications submitted on 1st of April but mine no update yet. I just checked the royal mail tracking and it is still not showing any thing.
I would say just hang in there, there are people who are waiting for approvals for applications done in Feb/March, hopefully you should receive yours soon. You are still much better off to have applied before 6th April, for people like me who have applied post 6th April (with biometrics), only God knows when they will start processing those! :(

pebbles79
Newly Registered

Post by pebbles79 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 29/06/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 09/07/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/07/2015
Date of biometric letter: 10/07/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 14/07/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

pebbles79
Newly Registered

Post by pebbles79 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 pm

ahsanrana
Newly Registered

Post by ahsanrana » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Date and Method of application: 03/08/2015 by post by NCS
Date delivered to UKVI: 04/08/2015
Date of debit of fees: Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of biometric letter: Awaiting
Date biometrics enrolled: Awaiting

Based on the timelines I have seen .... it will probably be a few more months before any joy :-(

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi BSR80

British passport applications through post service takes around 4 to 6 weeks and you don't have to take your child for that parents can submit on their behalf.

Good luck.

Ali
BSR80 wrote:
vishwen wrote:Hi all,
I received my daughter certificate on the 1st August , but certificate dated on 28 July. Application was made on the 3rd Mach 2015. Waiting time nearly 4 month.
Now will get the British passport done this week with fast track 7 working days.
Hi,
congrats.. Was application made in April? and also any idea how long it is taking for passport application through post office check and post service? coz there are only few centres for fast track so do we need to bring child there?? Thanks in advance..
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response. due to these timeline we have plans to apply for Fast track. so we just want to know whether we need to bring child there coz we don't have centres near by..

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 pm

@BSR80
Fast track service???

Where u got that from?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi BSR80 & ZeeAli

Fast track forms are same you can get it from post office. Just tick option for fast track. Fees is £87 something and you don't have to take your child for appointments. When you book your appointment they will ask who will be attending. Fast track applications take one week. I've just booked my son appointment for 1 September on the basis that I will receive my son certificate before that finger crossed. They did ask me when I'm traveling. You have to take completed application form, 2 photos and supporting documents. Passport will be returned by corrier service but I will suggest to tick option for Royal Mail special delivery option is on the form.

You can book appointments for next couple days it's not very busy. I hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks
Ali
BSR80 wrote:
I received my daughter certificate on the 1st August , but certificate dated on 28 July. Application was made on the 3rd Mach 2015. Waiting time nearly 4 month.
Now will get the British passport done this week with fast track 7 working days.
Hi,
congrats.. Was application made in April? and also any idea how long it is taking for passport application through post office check and post service? coz there are only few centres for fast track so do we need to bring child there?? Thanks in advance..
[/quote]
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response. due to these timeline we have plans to apply for Fast track. so we just want to know whether we need to bring child there coz we don't have centres near by..[/quote]

Sammy2
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi I don't know if anybody is in my shoe, I submitted my sons British registration after he clocks ten years I used form T, the application was submitted on the 29/062015 it was delivered by Royal Mail on the 30th, up till now no acknowledgement letter no biometric letter. I hope any one can help on this.

Sammy2
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:57 pm

pebbles79 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
hi is there any luck!

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi BSR80 & ZeeAli

Fast track forms are same you can get it from post office. Just tick option for fast track. Fees is £87 something and you don't have to take your child for appointments. When you book your appointment they will ask who will be attending. Fast track applications take one week. I've just booked my son appointment for 1 September on the basis that I will receive my son certificate before that finger crossed. They did ask me when I'm traveling. You have to take completed application form, 2 photos and supporting documents. Passport will be returned by corrier service but I will suggest to tick option for Royal Mail special delivery option is on the form.

You can book appointments for next couple days it's not very busy. I hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks
Ali
BSR80 wrote:
Hi,
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response. due to these timeline we have plans to apply for Fast track. so we just want to know whether we need to bring child there coz we don't have centres near by..[/quote][/quote]

Thanks Ali. hope you will receive it soon and once again thanks for the info.

Sammy2
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
hi is there any luck!
hi do you know where to get form to fill for return of document

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
hi do you know where to get form to fill for return of document

You can request your documents back on the following link make sure when ask on form for withdrawal of application click ''NO''
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Sammy2
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
hi is there any luck!
Hi pepples79 please I am concern I don't know if my application was actually delivered by Royal Mail as it said it was delivered from there Warrington delivery office. Please did yours tracking says same.

Thanks sammy

Rosi shan
Newly Registered

Post by Rosi shan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Eligibility criteria :section1(3)
Date and Method of application: 19/06/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 24/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 25/06/2015
Date of biometric letter: 25/06/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 01/07/2015

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi Sammy

Why don't you call them and ask. How did you pay you can also check your statement if money is deducted from your account if you paid by card or cheque. Good luck
Sammy2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:
hi is there any luck!
Hi pepples79 please I am concern I don't know if my application was actually delivered by Royal Mail as it said it was delivered from there Warrington delivery office. Please did yours tracking says same.

Thanks sammy

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:21 am

Hi Ali,

Ive applied same time as yourself. Can you let me know where to make fast track passport appointment please. I would like to schedule and appointment too hoping to receive my son's certificate soon.

Thanks
Allesheikh wrote:Hi BSR80 & ZeeAli

Thanks
Ali
BSR80 wrote:
Hi,
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response. due to these timeline we have plans to apply for Fast track. so we just want to know whether we need to bring child there coz we don't have centres near by..[/quote][/quote]

nj26
Newly Registered

Post by nj26 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi guys, I've been a silent viewer on this thread. I applied for my daughter's mn1 registration on the 1st April and got the certificate today. I sent the old format form, paid the old fee and no biometrics was required as HO got the application before 06 April 2015. Here is my timeline.

Date and Method of application: 01/04/2015 NCS Haringey
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 24/04/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24/04/2015
Date of biometric letter: not applicable
Date biometrics enrolled: not applicable
Date of approval on certificate : 29/07/2015
Date of approval letter: 11/08/2015
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 13/08/2015

Hopefully this will get moving quickly now but 4 months wait meant no going on holiday and an appointment at passport office for a fast track passport application for a family wedding this Sep.

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

nj26 wrote:Hi guys, I've been a silent viewer on this thread. I applied for my daughter's mn1 registration on the 1st April and got the certificate today. I sent the old format form, paid the old fee and no biometrics was required as HO got the application before 06 April 2015. Here is my timeline.

Hopefully this will get moving quickly now but 4 months wait meant no going on holiday and an appointment at passport office for a fast track passport application for a family wedding this Sep.
Congrats! Hope they start processing biometric applications soon, the wait is unnerving....

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 pm

[quote="pmnagendra123"]Hi Ali,

Ive applied same time as yourself. Can you let me know where to make fast track passport appointment please. I would like to schedule and appointment too hoping to receive my son's certificate soon.

Thanks

[quote="Allesheikh"]Hi BSR80 & ZeeAli

Thanks
Ali

Hi Pmnagendra123

You can book passport appointment by calling on 0300 222 0000 or online https://www.passports-office.co.uk/booking.asp.
Good luck I hope we receive approvals soon.

Thanks

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi nj26

Congrats can you please share did your approval came in normal post or did you provide return envelop.

Thanks
nj26 wrote:Hi guys, I've been a silent viewer on this thread. I applied for my daughter's mn1 registration on the 1st April and got the certificate today. I sent the old format form, paid the old fee and no biometrics was required as HO got the application before 06 April 2015. Here is my timeline.

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi, Anyone who request documents back please help as i am likely to request the original documents back.
When we request all the documents back form home office do they send all passports including applicant and BRP cards?
If they send all the documents, do they request them back again to process the application...as my child will be away for 3 months?

nj26
Newly Registered

Post by nj26 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi

The postman just dropped it in the normal post so they sent it by normal delivery.

when I attended the Ncs appointment, they told me no need to include Special delivery envelope....wish I had now.

Furthermore guys DO NOT BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR PASSPORT OFFICE VIA www.passports-office.co.uk website. Only call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 for an appointment. The personnel at the passport office said you can only book appointments via tel and that website has nothing to do with them and it's a scam (check other posts on Google about this fraudulent website).

Once again good luck to everyone and have a lot of patience...
Allesheikh wrote:Hi nj26

Congrats can you please share did your approval came in normal post or did you provide return envelop.

Thanks

mikeg
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 am

Gemini87 wrote:Hi, Anyone who request documents back please help as i am likely to request the original documents back.
When we request all the documents back form home office do they send all passports including applicant and BRP cards?
If they send all the documents, do they request them back again to process the application...as my child will be away for 3 months?
I've requested just my passport to be returned (via online application), however, they have returned all the documents including my kids' birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.

In the letter from Home Office, it is stated that they might request your original documents back. In such a case, they will write to you. So it really depends on your case.

In terms of timeline, took exactly 10 days from the date of request - they have used my pre-paid Special Delivery envelope to return my documents back. Not happy with that, but what can we do.

Hope that helps.

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks for the info Mikeg, I rang UKBA today and asked if they will request documents back again. The person i spoke said as it is over 4 months they might not request them again. I have completed online request today..will see how many days it will take.

bizzywizzy
Newly Registered

Post by bizzywizzy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Application for my daughters' MN1 have been with the HO since April 9th. They were lost until July 2nd, fees taken and biometrics were given in early July too. Got a letter on Wednesday saying the previous biometrics were no usable and I had to go and redo them today. I'm glad to say that the Post Office did not charge me again for resubmission of photos and prints for my two girls.

Hope these work out and we get our certificates soon.

Mike