ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History....Self-Employed or Director? Ltd Co.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skilachi

Employment History....Self-Employed or Director? Ltd Co.

Post by skilachi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi,

For those who recently submitted or got BC using the new Form (May 2015).

For the 10 years employment section,

1. Do you have to put the start/finish dates or the months/year should be fine?

2. Prior to having my my own Ltd Co. in 2011, I was using an umbrella company for all my contract assignments, which means I was an employee of that umbrella company (PAYE). Got my employment history from HMRC and each tax year I used the umbrella company, its showing them as my employer and not the actual company I worked for on those contract role (e.g Barclays, LloydsTSB)...Should I just list name of umbrella company rather than the end-clients I worked for with dates?

3. For Q1.49, what should I select? Self-Employed or A Director? I now use my own Ltd Co. since 2011.

Thanks

skilachi

Can I use a scanned/emailed reference form

Post by skilachi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:34 am

Hi,

I'm using NCS for my application and wanted to know if my 2nd ref fills and signs the 2nd part of the ref section then scan and email it to me, can I use it since NCS will only make photocopies of all my application and documents?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Can I use a scanned/emailed reference form

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 am

I dont believe it is acceptable, that said, I dont think i have seen explicit wording around this otherwise either! Have you ref mail it out for next day wouldnt cost more than couple of quids!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

chowkal

Re: Employment History....Self-Employed or Director? Ltd Co.

Post by chowkal » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 am

Hi
Q 1
Input month and year

Q2 It will be good to input client name as they are reputable and strengthens your case.

Q3 I would say put it as director and attach your p60's along with application. I attached last 2 years p60 as before that was my ILR. So they know that my track record is completely available for the last 6 years.
Good luck

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

Hi Chokwal,

Thanks for your reply.

I've put down the umbrella company name simply becos on P60, my employment history and self-assessment I got from HMRC last week it states the umbrella company as my employer. So in order not to get the caseworker confused by listing 10 different end-clients (which i've never used in previous applications) and instead of what is on the P60, employments history and SA form.

Planning on submitting self-assessment for 5yrs and employment history letter from HMRC for 10yrs which will confirm what i've filled in the employment form section.

Do you think i can use a scanned copy of the reference form filled by my friend? He has filled it, signed and included his passport number and it was scanned and emailed across to me. I'm using NCS and since they will only be taking photocopies and not originals.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

Yeah i guess so....will just wait for it in the post.

Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:54 am

skilachi wrote:Yeah i guess so....will just wait for it in the post.

Thanks

I dont think NCS would accept it anyway if they knew it was a email/scanned copy, though im not sure.

Personally I wouldnt risk it, and just wait for it to come in the post as you said.

Good Luck

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Topic merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!