ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds.. Urgent.. Please..

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surfsumi
Mood:

Maintenance Funds.. Urgent.. Please..

Post by surfsumi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello ,
I'm on Tier 4 / student visa & my college was revoked recently ( about 6 weeks ago). I didn't receive 60 days letter yet but one university likely to give admission. I haven't completed current course but I have completed 8 modules so far ( that's all they could complete at the college) & get a partial completion letter from awarding body. My questions how much funds I will have to show in order to get another student visa ? is it for 2 months or 9 months. bit confused if someone could help me please.
thank you in advance..
SURESH

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds.. Urgent.. Please..

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi
if you have current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, as a student, you can qualify for the reduced maintenance levels whether you are applying from inside the UK or from overseas.

but If you do not have an established presence studying in the UK, which means you do not have progress in your college records, not attending college and you are going to make fresh application with a new sponsor you must show that you have money for your living costs for each month of your course, up to
a maximum of 9 months.

If you have an established presence studying in the UK, you must show that
you have money for your living costs for each month of your course up to a
maximum of 2 months so for your situation 2 months is fine :) . Good Luck.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 am

kunfayakun wrote:... an established presence studying in the UK, which means you do not have progress in your college records, not attending college
Where are you getting this definition of established presence? It is nonsense.

OP has established presence if they have been studying at the revoked institution for 6 months or more. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... pplication:-
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Shah10406,

Thanks for correcting my reply
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun