ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Expiring - What next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qais_88
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa Expiring - What next?

Post by qais_88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:26 am

Dear all,

My wife was granted her Spousal Visa on 25/07/2013 and is valid until 25/04/2016. This was a 32 month visa. We recently had a baby boy and we have been living together since her arrival to UK in October 2013.

I am not sure what to do next.
1. Do I apply for ILR?
2. Do I apply for extension visa?

Regards,

Qais

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spousal Visa Expiring - What next?

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 am

qais_88 wrote:Dear all,

My wife was granted her Spousal Visa on 25/07/2013 and is valid until 25/04/2016. This was a 32 month visa. We recently had a baby boy and we have been living together since her arrival to UK in October 2013.

I am not sure what to do next.
1. Do I apply for ILR?
2. Do I apply for extension visa?

Regards,

Qais
When was her visa applied for? If it was after 6 July 2012, she will need an extension via FLR (M). She will be eligible for ILR 28 days before her 5 year anniversary in the UK.

You will need to meet all of the requirements of the initial visa she applied for (financial, accommodation etc...).

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:04 pm

By the length of the initial visa it appears that she applied after 9 July 2012. As you've been advised, this means she will have to apply for a 2.5 year extension on form FLR(M). In addition to the visa fee (currently £649 for a postal application) she will also have to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500 online before submitting her visa application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

qais_88
Newly Registered

Post by qais_88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Thank you "physicskate" and "CASA" for your replies. We applied for her visa originally on 16 April 2013, so yes after 6 July 2012.

qais_88
Newly Registered

Post by qais_88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

I have read lot about the documents required for the first spousal visa application.
Do I need to provide the same sort of documents/evidence as before.
Can someone please list the required documentation for an extension visa for my wife.
Thanks,
Qais

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:15 pm

qais_88 wrote:I have read lot about the documents required for the first spousal visa application.
Do I need to provide the same sort of documents/evidence as before.
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

qais_88
Newly Registered

Post by qais_88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:33 am

My wife visa expires in end of March 2016. We would like to go on holiday at the end of January 2016, will there be any issue for us when returning back to UK. I have been given to believe that Boarder Agency personal will question her visa expiring soon and will not allow her in the country. Is it worth going to holiday or should we wait until we get a new visa. Thanks in advance for your responses.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:36 am

qais_88 wrote:My wife visa expires in end of March 2016. We would like to go on holiday at the end of January 2016, will there be any issue for us when returning back to UK. I have been given to believe that Boarder Agency personal will question her visa expiring soon and will not allow her in the country. Is it worth going to holiday or should we wait until we get a new visa. Thanks in advance for your responses.
As long as you re-enter the UK while her visa is still valid, it should be fine!

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:12 pm

hi everybody
i'm in the same situation,my wife visa will expire soon an I'm aware that i have to submit the same proof as the first spouse visa my concern is about the accommodation,she applied with converted studio flat on the last floor of 4 bedroom house.
we had twins last year and by the time she apply for extension they will be more than one year old
i greed with my landlord will give me one single room extra for my babies when they reach one year old (for we are not overcrowd)
is it acceptable to have one studio with single room tenancy agreement for family 2 adult with twins boy?

qais_88
Newly Registered

Post by qais_88 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:02 am

Thank you for your kind replies.

I had an other question, when we do apply for her visa extension will she be granted 2.5 year visa or 3 years? The reason I ask is that we would like to go on holiday but if she is to be given a 2.5 years visa it will cause us problems in the future when it comes to applying for ILR as she will not have been here for 5 years at the time of application.

Do I also need to include her English certificates again?

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:17 am

qais_88 wrote:Thank you for your kind replies.

I had an other question, when we do apply for her visa extension will she be granted 2.5 year visa or 3 years? The reason I ask is that we would like to go on holiday but if she is to be given a 2.5 years visa it will cause us problems in the future when it comes to applying for ILR as she will not have been here for 5 years at the time of application.

Do I also need to include her English certificates again?
Length of the extension will be 2.5 years so after that she can apply for PR/ILR

English - Yes you do have to. Make sure the test she has provided with her first application is still valid(Accepted English tests table). I don't mean the expiry date of the test , if it has one. Above all make sure the test centre is still valid.