ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish spouse schengen visa only marriage certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andresp
Newly Registered

Spanish spouse schengen visa only marriage certificate

Post by andresp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:07 am

Hi This is my inquire,

My wife Spanish national gave birth a month ago and she is going to spend the maternity in Spain, I will be travelling the weekends there, but I have got a residence permit in the UK as 6 years has passed so I am not longer using the EEA card. In order to avoid fighting at immigration airports in Spain, I have applied for a schengen visa, I went to VFs global and I paid a fee that I shouldn't do it , knowing now that under european law , i have got the right to go to the embassy and apply directly for free. And they told me that I need a letter of invitation from her parents I only showed Libro de familia, marriage certificate and my plane tickets.

So I just want to know that in the case they ask for a letter of invitation, I can say that it is not necessary under european law, and how i can complain if this goes further.

Thanks for your help

Donutz

Re: Spanish spouse schengen visa only marriage certificate

Post by Donutz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 pm

If you run into trouble contact Solvit (bottom of this page:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm

And more info can be found in the stickies here and also on the Handbooks on EU Home Affairs:
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/wh ... dex_en.htm