ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long I can stay outside of Canada ?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sysadmin
Newly Registered

How long I can stay outside of Canada ?

Post by sysadmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 am

I have got PR in Jan 2008 and now I am living in Toronto - Canada. I have to go back to India for some urgency. Can any one tell me how long I can stay in India. My expected stay in India is 1yr approx. My PR card has 5 years validity.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thewofoz
Newly Registered

Re: How long I can stay outside of Canada ?

Post by thewofoz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 pm

You can stay out of Canada for three (3) out of five (5) years. If you are only going to be out of Canada for 1 year you will be fine.

Remember that Canadian law counts days in Canada and requires a minimum of 730 days in Canada in any 5 year period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long I can stay outside of Canada ?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:26 pm

thewofoz wrote:You can stay out of Canada for three (3) out of five (5) years. If you are only going to be out of Canada for 1 year you will be fine.

Remember that Canadian law counts days in Canada and requires a minimum of 730 days in Canada in any 5 year period.
This post/thread is 7 years old!! I am sure the person who posted resolved their issues a long time ago :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.