ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niceguy123
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by niceguy123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Section 3.2 where says
"If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"

Any Successful ILR if they could share what they wrote in this section?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SUKU
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by SUKU » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

dear guru , senior members and all other members
i have a question regarding my wife 10 yrs long residency application.
she came to uk as student dependent on October 2005. and from that without any gaps she renewed the visa util December 2012. before the tier 1 dependent visa finished December 2012 she applied for FLR(m) visa(November 2012) . Home office refused the visa in June 2013. we appeal and FTT ALLOWED OUR APPEAL UNDER ECHR ARTICLE 8 HUMAN RIGHT( in November 2013). after 2 yrs waiting she received her passport and BPR IN JULY 2015 .now she is on article 8 ECHR VISA.
my question is can she apply for 10 yrs long residency visa in October 2015? or ECHR ARTICLE 8 VISA doesn't count for 10 yrs route.

please help me in this matter. thank you very much all

tajammul77

Re: long residance

Post by tajammul77 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:18 pm

ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:my set lr approved. thanka everyone for useful information.
my timeline is as follows
application date: 06 june 2015. varied an existing application.

decision date: 18 August 2015.

recieved date: 20 August 2015.
I have a question. I paid full fee when I varied my application to set lr . my solicitor said I will get a refund but I didn't get any refund ? what am I supposed to do ?

Hi ILR10YEARBASIS

Congrats for getting ILR...did u vary ur application on 6 june...ur 10 years was gona complete on 12 sep i think...so how come u vary ur application about 3 months before...did ur solicitor ask u to do it...i m on same boat mate...if u just let me know how to do...i got 3 months for ilr...i already made flr fp application

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

tajammul77 wrote:
ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:my set lr approved. thanka everyone for useful information.

I have a question. I paid full fee when I varied my application to set lr . my solicitor said I will get a refund but I didn't get any refund ? what am I supposed to do ?

Hi ILR10YEARBASIS

Congrats for getting ILR...did u vary ur application on 6 june...ur 10 years was gona complete on 12 sep i think...so how come u vary ur application about 3 months before...did ur solicitor ask u to do it...i m on same boat mate...if u just let me know how to do...i got 3 months for ilr...i already made flr fp application
Congratulation ,
It seems home office processing June Application, some of my friends who applied in June, 2,3 and 4 got Approval Last week,
You apllied on 6th June, you also got it.

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:43 am

Hi everyone here
I applied for ILR application on :
Method of application: via mail recorded delivery Date of application: 16.02.2015 after my solicitor called them , we found it in wrong department ( we do apologies for this mistake)
knowledge letter received on 16/3/15
fees taken on 17/3/15
TM interview 20/5/15
decision:waiting : :( 25/08/15
any ideas

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 am

Hello guys,

I have Been approved for ilr yesterday. Went for peo Cardiff. On the basis of 10 years. While was on tier1 entrepreneur

Here are the documents,

Covere letter
Appointment letter
Application form with attached payment sheet.
Marriage certificate
Degree and transcript
LIUK test pass certificate
Old and new passports with BRP CARD.

And all photocopies of original
Documents, visa pages, passport pages and entry exit date pages.

No question was asked. They took all the photocopies, BRP and returned original documents, cover letter and passports. And took nearly 1 hour and 40 mins.

Let me know if you guys have any question.

Thanks a lot to all of you who answered my queries. Specially zeeali, who has helped me a lot. A big thank you to you.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:06 am

Shah05 wrote:Hello guys,

I have Been approved for ilr yesterday. Went for peo Cardiff. On the basis of 10 years. While was on tier1 entrepreneur

Here are the documents,

Covere letter
Appointment letter
Marriage certificate
Degree and transcript

No question was asked. They took all the photocopies, BRP and returned original documents, cover letter and passports. And took nearly 1 hour and 40 mins.

Thanks a lot to all of you who answered my queries. Specially zeeali, who has helped me a lot. A big thank you to you.
Congrats shah05.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 am

SUKU wrote:dear guru , senior members and all other members
she came to uk as student dependent on October 2005. and from that without any gaps she renewed the visa util December 2012. before the tier 1 dependent visa finished December 2012 she applied for FLR(m) visa(November 2012) . Home office refused the visa in June 2013. we appeal and FTT ALLOWED OUR APPEAL UNDER ECHR ARTICLE 8 HUMAN RIGHT( in November 2013). after 2 yrs waiting she received her passport and BPR IN JULY 2015 .now she is on article 8 ECHR VISA.
my question is can she apply for 10 yrs long residency visa in October 2015? or ECHR ARTICLE 8 VISA doesn't count for 10 yrs route.

If all appeals lodged in time and all applications in time (or within 28 days overstay period) than no break in continuity.

Yes time under ECHR Article 8 also counts towards 10 years ILR.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ks373
BANNED

Post by ks373 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:41 am

Shah05 wrote:Hello guys,

Here are the documents,

Covere letter
Appointment letter
Marriage certificate
Degree and transcript

Congrats shah05, I had my appointment in cardiff as well next month could you please help me to how to write a cover letter and filling the application form.
I am very thankfull to you if you send me a cover letter into my email address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks in advance

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Amer

It's more then six months

If you call they will investigate whY it's late

What is TM interview ?????

n
amer115 wrote:Hi everyone here
Method of application: via mail recorded delivery Date of application: 16.02.2015 after my solicitor called them , we found it in wrong department ( we do apologies for this mistake)
fees taken on 17/3/15
TM interview 20/5/15
any ideas

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:00 pm

smir wrote:Amer

What is TM interview ???
its an interview with Ho i have done it in London they asked me about my English tests i have done and all questions about TOEIC test which i done it before
and by the way my English test which i submitted with my application was ILETS.
Since my interview i did not hear from them.

n
fees taken on 17/3/15
TM interview 20/5/15
any ideas

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:05 pm

If in your previous application u used toiec they will investigate

You can involve MP

In reality you just passed toiec or even submitted previously

???!
amer115 wrote:
smir wrote:Amer

What is TM interview ???
its an interview with Ho i have done it in London they asked me about my English tests i have done and all questions about TOEIC test which i done it before
and by the way my English test which i submitted with my application was ILETS.
Since my interview i did not hear from them.

n
fees taken on 17/3/15
TM interview 20/5/15
any ideas

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:26 pm

never obtained any visa extension with TOEIC test before

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Then how they interview you for Toiec????

Baseless !!!!

amer115 wrote:never obtained any visa extension with TOEIC test before

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi amer115

you ssaid you never used toeic did you ever obtained toeic certificate? where was the interview and was it on video link? I also have interview on 2nd sep I used toeic in previous extension if you can help me that will be great

niceguy123
Newly Registered

Post by niceguy123 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Section 3.2 where says
"If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"

Any Successful ILR if they could share what they wrote in this section?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:55 pm

it was 12 august , I applied 2 months earlier. luckly when they considered my application I was well in the time limit.

tajammul77 wrote:

Hi ILR10YEARBASIS

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Zee ali wrote:

If all appeals lodged in time and all applications in time (or within 28 days overstay period) than no break in continuity.

thank you Zee ali.
yes she has no break in continuity. i have one doubt that HO rules say 10 yrs lawful residence in UK with one or more immigration categories. my wife;s visa letter says leave to remain visa granted outside of the immigration rules. will it be make any different??

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

You can ask refund now for your first application .

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:36 pm

K4 wrote:

Hi amer115

you ssaid you never used toeic did you ever obtained toeic certificate? where was the interview and was it on video link? I also have interview on 2nd sep I used toeic in previous extension if you can help me that will be great

I said i never obtained visa extension with Toeic but I did this test before and whole interview about it was video link interview i am from manchester went to london to speak to someone working from his office in liverpool
my interview was 12 mins

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 pm

ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:it was 12 august , I applied 2 months earlier. luckly when they considered my application I was well in the time limit.

tajammul77 wrote:

Hi ILR10YEARBASIS

thanks for ur reply...one thing more...did u send u again biometric when u vary application

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:54 pm

If someone got a Toeic certificate but never used for visa extension or never mention with HO -it could create problem in ILR application ?

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:51 am

how do I ask for refund. do I have to write them a letter or is there a number to phone them. when I was sending my application my solicitor said they will refund the initial application fee but when I asked him where is the refund he just ignored me. he already had opened my post.

quote="Quickreply"]

You can ask refund now for your first application .[/quote]

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 am

I didn't received biometric invitation for set lr. the biometric I recorded for my initial application was used to consider my application. it takes about 1 to 2 months for them to get your file from other department.

plus depends how busy they are . It is busiest time of year as most people apply in august , sept see the google spreadsheet.

tajammul77 wrote:
ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:it was 12 august , I applied 2 months earlier. luckly when they considered my application

I have a question. I paid full fee when I varied my application to set lr . my solicitor said I will get a
Congrats for getting ILR...did u vary ur application on 6 june...ur 10 years was gona complete on 12 sep i think...so how come u vary ur application about 3 months before...did ur solicitor ask u to do it...i m on same boat mate...if u just let me know how to do...i got 3 months for ilr...i already made flr fp app

thanks for ur reply...one thing more...did u send u again biometric when u vary application

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:17 am

SUKU wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

thank you Zee ali.
yes she has no break in continuity. i have one doubt that HO rules say 10 yrs lawful residence in UK with one or more immigration categories. my wife;s visa letter says leave to remain visa granted outside of the immigration rules. will it be make any different??
NO