ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for parents-New house-No council tax confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aravindb4u

Visitor visa for parents-New house-No council tax confusion

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:33 am

Hello people,

Thanks everyone first of all for this wonderful forum in helping each others.
I have used this wonderful forum for Tier1, extension through to ILR and thankful for each one of you people. :D
Hope I can find a solution for my current problem. :)
I will be applying family visitor visa for my parents as they are planning to come over to help my wife during pregnancy.

I have just recently moved house and because its a new build, the solicitor advised that the land registry would only arrive by 3 months time. :oops: Even the council tax people said there is a long queue to do valuation for new build properties and the council band and payments would only be likely to be available after 3 months. Until then, none of them would give confirmation about my accommodation. :oops:

In my above scenario, what else can I provide as my accommodation proof? Yes I can provide my bank statements/utility bills, but that would just prove I'm residing in that address. How can I (or should I need to?! :roll: ) prove that my current home is big enough to accommodate my visiting parents? Any similar experiences? or advices are much much appreciated. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot again.

aravindb4u

Re: Visitor visa for parents-New house-No council tax confus

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 am

Help please... have anyone got any ideas?

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:36 am

Is there a possibility that I can provide some accommodation proofs from the builder that I have occupied the new build? And submit the new build valuation done by the bank?

Or can I just book some accommodation in a hotel/cottage for few months?

Can someone shed some light please? Any ideas or suggestions is much much appreciated. Please help guys.

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Just get solicitors to confirm you have purchased teh property where you are residing. It is sufficient and accetable.You dont need to provide land registry details

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks batleykhan...much appreciated :D :D :D :D :D