ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ditima98

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Ditima98 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:44 pm

hello good people out there.

My immigration case is currently entangled in so many issues with the HO. Anyway that aside, I want to be brief and straight on my question this time around.

What are the chances of being given a right of appeal when the application was based on Flr (fp) 7 years Child Concession? If there are such chances,any hope of having an In Country appeal as opposed to Out of Country appeal? We applied as a family, that is including wife and daughter.

Your respond or reference to any recent postings on this forum where In-Country appeal where granted would be appreciated.
ditima

Kstarboy1
Newly Registered

Post by Kstarboy1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello everyone

I use to post on this page with the name of ONLYME1 please read from 50 to see my previous post but will narrate it again

Applied 2012 on form flr o outside the rules which was refused later 2013 was issued removal notice with right of appeal which I did with no solicitor on hearing day.. judge said I do not have one grounds to be in the uk but the fact I came as a minor 13year old bearing in mind I was 18 at the day of hearing..he said he cant not grant home office permission to remove me and he will not also allow my appeal there for he dismiss the case on both the appellant and respondant.

Home office issued me a later aaking me to come report every 4th night which I did....I was left in limbo for a year plus then one day I went to report on the 4th night and the officer was a Saint. ..he looked into my casefile and said ..what are u doing if judge says he cant grant permission for your removal then home office has no right but issue me with some sort of visa that I should make fresh application.

I had no money for application things was really hard for me so I came up with a crazy idea. Made asylum claim on the base fear of prosecution and family life here which was then refuse again with right of appeal. ...NOW WATCH GOD IN ACTION. on hearing day it was the same judge who dealth with my appeal years ago and luckily he immediately recognised me when I walked in..... his exact words was omg dont tell me HO hasnt given u leave to remain since last time I said no sir with tears in my eyes...... he immediately allowed my appeal with direction of INDEFINATE LEAVE TO BE GRANTED.

Indefinite leave was granted and received 7daya ago.

It took me almost 4years and NOW I BELIEVE THERES GOOD

Hope my story give u hope n faith
..good luck guys

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:21 pm

# Kstarboy1
Amazing story, happy for you!! Enjoy your newly found freedom.
ditima

Kstarboy1
Newly Registered

Post by Kstarboy1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:48 pm

@ditima98

Thank you my friend...... destiny can be delayed but never becchanged. ...home office might say NO but have faith Godwillnot never forsake us.

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 pm

I receive your word and salute you for your encouraging narratives. Indeed we will keep the faith and keep fighting because we believe God is in control.......
ditima

Hashim
Newly Registered

Post by Hashim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:41 am

Has anyone submitted Biometrics for FLR FP around the 1st of August ? I'm still waiting..

mehtal2006
Newly Registered

Post by mehtal2006 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:52 am

Dear @Kstarboy1

congratulations on the Visa , this is truly a gift From God , I really appreciate you shared your story because my brother has nearly the same issue he came as 16 in 2007 and was refused asylum , now he applied for visa on family grounds because our mother is British , he was refused but with right to appeal . so when he came he was a minor , would the judge say that he is not to be removed because of that ... so is it the law? if it is i would really appreciate if you write down a copy of the law name or reference or paragraph number... i would really appreciate your reply or anyone who has an idea about this ...

Best Regards
Ahmed

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Kstarboy1 wrote:Hello everyone

I use to post on this page with the name of ONLYME1 please read from 50 to see my previous post but will narrate it again

Applied 2012 on form flr o outside the rules which was refused later 2013 was issued removal notice with right of appeal which I did with no solicitor on hearing day.. judge said I do not have one grounds to be in the uk but the fact I came as a minor 13year old bearing in mind I was 18 at the day of hearing..he said he cant not grant home office permission to remove me and he will not also allow my appeal there for he dismiss the case on both the appellant and respondant.

Home office issued me a later aaking me to come report every 4th night which I did....I was left in limbo for a year plus then one day I went to report on the 4th night and the officer was a Saint. ..he looked into my casefile and said ..what are u doing if judge says he cant grant permission for your removal then home office has no right but issue me with some sort of visa that I should make fresh application.

I had no money for application things was really hard for me so I came up with a crazy idea. Made asylum claim on the base fear of prosecution and family life here which was then refuse again with right of appeal. ...NOW WATCH GOD IN ACTION. on hearing day it was the same judge who dealth with my appeal years ago and luckily he immediately recognised me when I walked in..... his exact words was omg dont tell me HO hasnt given u leave to remain since last time I said no sir with tears in my eyes...... he immediately allowed my appeal with direction of INDEFINATE LEAVE TO BE GRANTED.

Indefinite leave was granted and received 7daya ago.

It took me almost 4years and NOW I BELIEVE THERES GOOD

Hope my story give u hope n faith
..good luck guys

How amazing it is that the same judge who refused you granted you. The Lord was indeed in this beautiful detailed testimony. Delay is not denial and just because man said no does not mean God has. Thank you for using this testimony to bring a word of hope and faith and to also allow us believe that through perseverance, divine intervention will always follow suit. I remember you quite well and I pray that this is the beginning of many beautiful things to happen to you. A season of restoration has begun my friend. Congratulations and wish you all the best here on out. God bless you mightily sir.

Kstarboy1
Newly Registered

Post by Kstarboy1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Thank you everyone for u nice m kond wish nothing is impossible and no case is too strong or weak before d eyes of the lord...just pray you meet the right caseworker/jugde.

@ameh

It is not the law if one comes as a monor they will grant him or her it just helps ur case depending on what grounds ur applying for....I was lucky really lucky and when I was still a minor I contacted ho and told them my situation and asked for help. .....my first hearing judge asked ho if I contact them when I was 16 and they said yes and he asked them qhy they didn't settle my case and he was upset and said a young child helpless comes to u people for help and u treat him like this ... not acceptable so he cant send me back because I genuinely tried as a kid and lucky again he was same judge....

Your brother needs to intigrate with the system....school college just play with the system for abit and how long he been here for....

Kstarboy1
Newly Registered

Post by Kstarboy1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 pm

@desponlee

Thank you soooo much my friend it took forever but my faith from day one carried me through. .....the judge stated in the determination letter... I have considered the fact the appellant came to the uk as a minor and made attempt to regulise his immigration status bearing in mind he has lived continously for 7years. He has established himself in the uk and return will be inappropriate. .....then he made hia direction of my grant...by the way he heavily criticised home office for ignoring a minor.

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:18 am

hello everyone,

I am a single individual and i have also made an flr fp application in july. I would like to know the earliest amount of time HO takes these days to give decisions on flr fp applications after registering biometrics.

Kindly share your views please.

Hashim
Newly Registered

Post by Hashim » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am

I am in the same position FLR FP application sent on 16th July done biometrics on 1st August

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 am

#Sodonm & Hashim

2-3 Months for FLR after bios for straight forward cases......
ditima

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm

AliG123 wrote:@Tuga

Hi Tuga, thank-you for your response really appreciate it.

Obviously good news is they are looking into my application.

As I'm an Indian, Indian embassy won't issue the passport until I present the existing one. Only time they can issue a new one if I said its lost and give lost reference number which I can't as its with HO.

Actually my passport is with HO for 18 Months sorry for lying. MY BAD.

I have applied for tier 1 extension and they refused the application on the basis of interview saying applicant doesn't look credible and since then appeals to FTT and UT and finally Made this Flr fp on April 25th 2015. So my passport is with HO since then.

Hope they take a positive decision soon.

Many Thanks to Tuga, Godgives and all the members of the forum which helps you go through at these difficult times.
Hi Guys

Can you please help regarding my query as I'm stuck in between and don't know what to do? If any of the members or moderators could advice me anything on my case.

My passport is expired while with home office and expired in December 2014 and Home office is requesting for updated passport so they can take the decision on my application FLR FP which I submitted on 25th April and I have tried everything in my power to renew it from Indian embassy but they don't to issue me a new passport unless I provide the existing one. I don't know know what to do?

As I'm not allowed to work it's been very difficult for me to survive here in UK.

@TUGA @GODGIVES or can anyone advice me what to do please.

Kind Regards

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:28 pm

AliG123 wrote:
AliG123 wrote:@Tuga

Hi Tuga, thank-you for your response really appreciate it.

Obviously good news is they are looking into my application.

As I'm an Indian, Indian embassy won't issue the passport until I present the existing one. Only time they can issue a new one if I said its lost and give lost reference number which I can't as its with HO.

Actually my passport is with HO for 18 Months sorry for lying. MY BAD.

I have applied for tier 1 extension and they refused the application on the basis of interview saying applicant doesn't look credible and since then appeals to FTT and UT and finally Made this Flr fp on April 25th 2015. So my passport is with HO since then.

Hope they take a positive decision soon.

Many Thanks to Tuga, Godgives and all the members of the forum which helps you go through at these difficult times.
Hi Guys

Can you please help regarding my query as I'm stuck in between and don't know what to do? If any of the members or moderators could advice me anything on my case.

My passport is expired while with home office and expired in December 2014 and Home office is requesting for updated passport so they can take the decision on my application FLR FP which I submitted on 25th April and I have tried everything in my power to renew it from Indian embassy but they don't to issue me a new passport unless I provide the existing one. I don't know know what to do?

As I'm not allowed to work it's been very difficult for me to survive here in UK.

@TUGA @GODGIVES or can anyone advice me what to do please.

Kind Regards
You should contact ur Mp to get ur passport from home office. Every embassy needs the old passport to get a new one. All the best
Godgives

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi, There
Ditima98
Regarding the query you posted of biometrics bad barcode. Just a curtsey message to let you know that it was happened the same in my similar FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child. Then we sent our query to home office & now we received new biometrics letters for our both children. I will update you if any circumstances changes.
Regards
Ojliaa

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:42 pm

@GODGIVES

Thank-you so much for your advice really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Even though no one responded to my enquiry posted as below - I have now received my determination, thanks everyone.

Now the wait begins to see if HO will appeal the UT decision.

I pray they don't.

priscaltony wrote:Hi Board family

Anyone knows how long a written determination takes from Upper Tribunal? It has been 2 months now since my appeal was held and allowed.

Appeal decision was verbally communicated at the hearing, when does Home Office right to appeal start counting? Is it from the hearing day or from the day a written determination is received?

Many thanks for your help in adance.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Congratulations to you in advance. I don't think HO will appeal. Please do share your story
Godgives

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:21 am

GodGives wrote:Congratulations to you in advance. I don't think HO will appeal. Please do share your story

Thank you - I will share my story after the 12 days have passed. I am still scared now and can't wait for the time to pass.

However, it has been a long journey of agony and unease, we have been battling this since 2012 and have always been lawful.

Nevertheless, I will surely share the very long story after the wait.

All the best to everyone waiting.

Mr Goody Goody
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Mr Goody Goody » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:18 pm

This is my update from the last time I posted on this platform.....on 7 years Concessionary rule with court access right and presently with a British partner cohabiting over 3.5 years with a british stepson included in application
Application sent to HO on June 2 2015
No Acknowledgement letter until I wrote a letter to all the depts. in HO on July 2 (app 5 letters were sent same day to HO depts)
Acknowledgement letter and Biometric letters received on July 6
Biometric done July 7 2015
Letter requesting for more documents and evidences received on 8 August 2015 with just a week to get all docs back to HO
But there is a issue, my ex partner had refused to include a letter and docs to certify that I always see my child as requested by the HO.
Home Office requested for a lot of docs which I have strived to get except the letter from my ex-partner......Team please advise accordingly.
Applied for FLR(FP) - 02/06/2015
Acknowledgement dated - 06/07/2015
Biometric letter dated - 06/07/2015(All received same date)
Biometric done - 07/07/2014
More documents request letter received - 08/08/2015 ( All docs to be received in a week)
All required docs sent on 17.08.15
Received by HO on 18.08.15
Grant letter received on 29.08.15
Granted FLR FP on partner 10 years route. Infact less than 2 months, can't believe it.
Now I can enjoy some freedom after almost 10 years. Thank you all for the support.

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Mr Goody Goody wrote:This is my update from the last time I posted on this platform.....on 7 years Concessionary rule with court access right and presently with a British partner cohabiting over 3.5 years with a british stepson included in application
Application sent to HO on June 2 2015
No Acknowledgement letter until I wrote a letter to all the depts. in HO on July 2 (app 5 letters were sent same day to HO depts)
Acknowledgement letter and Biometric letters received on July 6
Biometric done July 7 2015
Letter requesting for more documents and evidences received on 8 August 2015 with just a week to get all docs back to HO
But there is a issue, my ex partner had refused to include a letter and docs to certify that I always see my child as requested by the HO.
Home Office requested for a lot of docs which I have strived to get except the letter from my ex-partner......Team please advise accordingly.
Applied for FLR(FP) - 02/06/2015
Acknowledgement dated - 06/07/2015
Biometric letter dated - 06/07/2015(All received same date)
Biometric done - 07/07/2014
More documents request letter received - 08/08/2015 ( All docs to be received in a week)
All required docs sent on 17.08.15
Received by HO on 18.08.15
Grant letter received on 29.08.15
Granted FLR FP on partner 10 years route. Infact less than 2 months, can't believe it.
Now I can enjoy some freedom after almost 10 years. Thank you all for the support.
Congrats on your freedom. Please can you list the sort of documents that were required as further documents from you. I've always wondered what they normally request. Got a similar case

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 am

Hello!
Mr Goody Goody
Many many Congratulations!
Would you please mention that what more documents are requested by HO?
Cheers

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Flr o - applied in March 2015. Biometric done- April 2015. Still waiting for decision.

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:30 pm

jupiter2016 wrote:Flr o - applied in March 2015. Biometric done- April 2015. Still waiting for decision.
Hello, jupiter2016
Thanks for sharing your latest status.