ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a PR enough or would additional evidence be required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Niza_carson

Is a PR enough or would additional evidence be required?

Post by Niza_carson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently compiling my relevant documents (AN form, life in the UK pass results, UK university degree transcript and certificate, old and current passports displaying both residence card and permanent residence card) for my naturalisation process which I intend to submit via the nationality checking services in my local council.

I came to the UK as a student; aged 16 (2008). But primarily to join my parents who had been living and working here one year in the UK prior to my arrival (2007). Shortly, I applied for a residence card and obtained that in the year 2009. My father is an EEA national and I am a non-EEA national. After 5 years of exercising treaty rights via my father (as I was in full time education and very much a dependant) I obtained my PR in 2013.

I am a bit worried about the "employment" section of the AN form because I am a recent graduate (class of 2014), who is currently unemployed. After graduation I took up temporary part-time work while applying for full time jobs (with no success), but my contract ended last month. Since I have not worked full time in the UK (being a full time student for most part), I am wondering if my PR would be enough proof for my legal residency here in the UK or do I need to submit all my father's payslips since the need to exercise treaty rights did not come directly from me. And would my unemployment status affect my application process? I would really appreciate a reply (You would be a giver of good night sleep as I would stop worrying about my £1005 playing gone with the wind due to my lack of information). Thanks.

P.S I have moved back home to live with my parents and I am presently supported by them for now if you wonder how I sustain myself.

noajthan

Re: Is a PR enough or would additional evidence be required?

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Niza_carson wrote:Hi everyone,

I am currently compiling my relevant documents (AN form, life in the UK pass results, UK university degree transcript and certificate, old and current passports displaying both residence card and permanent residence card) for my naturalisation process which I intend to submit via the nationality checking services in my local council.

I came to the UK as a student; aged 16 (2008). But primarily to join my parents who had been living and working here one year in the UK prior to my arrival (2007). Shortly, I applied for a residence card and obtained that in the year 2009. My father is an EEA national and I am a non-EEA national. After 5 years of exercising treaty rights via my father (as I was in full time education and very much a dependant) I obtained my PR in 2013.

I am a bit worried about the "employment" section of the AN form because I am a recent graduate (class of 2014), who is currently unemployed. After graduation I took up temporary part-time work while applying for full time jobs (with no success), but my contract ended last month. Since I have not worked full time in the UK (being a full time student for most part), I am wondering if my PR would be enough proof for my legal residency here in the UK or do I need to submit all my father's payslips since the need to exercise treaty rights did not come directly from me. And would my unemployment status affect my application process? I would really appreciate a reply (You would be a giver of good night sleep as I would stop worrying about my £1005 playing gone with the wind due to my lack of information). Thanks.

P.S I have moved back home to live with my parents and I am presently supported by them for now if you wonder how I sustain myself.
Employment is not a pre-condition in order to apply for naturalisation.
Being unempleyed is not held against you.

There is a question in the AN form on employment history; that is more about helping HO to determine good character (paying tax if working, no illegal working & etc).

As you have held PR since 2013 you have had settled status in UK for more than the required 12 months;
- so all good (assuming you meet the other requirements).

If you hold a PR card it simplifies the evidence & proof somewhat - reread the guidance to the form.

Aim to provide enough evidence & proofs to reduce the HO's potential wriggle room.
(Suggest scan & copy everything you are submitting, particularly the form).

Do remember to check you were physically present in UK 5 years before date of your application (& you have proof, eg passport).

Best of luck.
Sweet dreams.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Dear noajthan,

Thank you so, so much for taking time to read and reply to my enquiry.

Would you mind me asking about the "meet the other requirement"? Do you mean the life in the UK test, and questions about good character (I have nothing to declare not even a speeding fine or penalty points as I do not drive and I have never earned up to a taxable income due to my previous student status. Plus I have only been out of the country for 60 days in the last 5 years).

Many thanks! :)

I am fluffing up my pillows.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Niza_carson wrote:Dear noajthan,

Thank you so, so much for taking time to read and reply to my enquiry.

Would you mind me asking about the "meet the other requirement"? Do you mean the life in the UK test, and questions about good character (I have nothing to declare not even a speeding fine or penalty points as I do not drive and I have never earned up to a taxable income due to my previous student status. Plus I have only been out of the country for 60 days in the last 5 years).

Many thanks! :)

I am fluffing up my pillows.
:oops:

Um, yes - requirements as per the guide to AN form, including:
KOLL (ie LITUK & proof of English);
good character;
sound mind;
residency & settlement;
free of immigration time restrictions;
absences within limits;
physical presence in UK 5 years to the day (as mentioned above);
& etc

Sounds like you're on top of it Niza.

NCS is a good option for a final round of sanity-checking (of application).
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 pm

Cheers!!!

anp

Post by anp » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 pm

No additional proof is required. As long as 1 year have passed since you acquired the PR you should be fine!!
Be good.

Niza_carson

Physical presence in the UK 5 years ago

Post by Niza_carson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi everyone,

This might already have been posted in the past but I am unable to find it (my apologies).

I have currently booked my NCS appointment for the 24th of September, which means if all goes well the HO will receive my application on the 25th of September. However 5 years ago (2010), between the 20th - 24th of September I was away to Egypt (I came back to the UK on the 24th of September; the date of departure and arrival does not count towards the absences, am I right?).

I am aware that one must be physically present in the UK at the time the HO receives my application 5 years ago. Is it safe to send my application on the 24th to arrive at the HO on the 25th?

A reply will be very much appreciated!

Thank you for reading.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Physical presence in the UK 5 years ago

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 pm

If you were physically in the UK on 25th September 2010 onwards, then you should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Thank you so much for your reply @CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm

To put your mind at ease, the date of application is the date + 1 day that HO receives it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

So if i understand you correctly, I can go ahead with my NCS appointment on the 24th (no need to reschedule) since the HO receives the application on the 25th. I came back from my trip on the 24th of September 2010, so I was "physically" present in the UK on that day onwards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Yes, you are correct. The 24th would not be counted as an absence anyway if you arrived backed on that date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Thank you @CR001 you have been a tremendous help! :)