ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaweb
Member of Standing

Re: General discussion after BC and Passport application

Post by jaweb » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:16 pm

[quote="akhurshid"][quote="Mouna"][quote="akhurshid"][quote="Mouna"]Hi
Please as spouse of British citizen
I came to the UK on 9/11/2012 spouse visa for 2 years
I applied for ILR in November 2014 , and received in March 2015
Shall I wait till Marck 2016 or can I apply in November 2015 for BC that means after 3 years ,and what about time when waiting for my application to be processed between November and March to get ILR.
PLEASE THOSE WHO APPLIED FOR BC AS SPOUSE OF BRITISH REPLY ME
THANKS[/quote]

You don't need to wait 12 months after getting ILR. You can apply for BC as soon you have met 3 years residency requirements.[/quote]
Oh thanks
And can I work abroad one day after applying for BC while waiting for my application to be considered ?
Thanks[/quote]
There are no travel/work restrictions while your application is being considered. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that once your application is approved, you need to book ceremony within 2 weeks of receiving approval and attend ceremony within 90 days else you'll have to make new citizenship application.[/quote]

I just would like to correct you if you don't mind. You need to contact council within 3 weeks not 2 and if your ceremony is out of 90 days you can ask extension from UKBA
I know this as I had booked my ceremony on the 87.day as I was out of UK

shahad
Newly Registered

Post by shahad » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi
I entered to the UK in legal way and have leave to remain for five years and I applied for naturalization after I finished that 5 years. when I came I kept my original passport as I used it when I entered and applied for travel document to used it as ID inside the UK and if I want to travel to Europe because i do not need Visa and use my Passport to go to Jordan because they do not accept the Travel document to enter to Jordan and because my all family live there and I need to see them .
My travel document is blue, Do I have any problem?

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 am

Hey All,

I have submitted my application to UKVI Liverpool from Australia registered post for BC via UKM on 12 August and it was signed for on 19 August 2015, no other updates as of yet, no acknowledgement or any fee taken from my CC.

I know its a bit too early to worry about the time, however I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a backlog at the UKVI? I have tried to find some information on how the HO is going with applications but nothing.

It seems quite random that some applications are not even acknowledged or assigned to a CW and it's been 6 months and yet some are processed in 2-3 weeks. I would love to know anyone else who is applying for BC via UKM journey especially if you are from Australia.

Thanks all! And good luck (to me too!!)

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:48 am

We got citizenship after Tier 1 5 years + ILR 1 year.

What to put in Section 4 of Passport Application form?

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi

Successfully completed the British Citizenship process for me and my two children ( Aged 17 and 8).

Cmpleted the ceremony. Received my Naturalisation Certificate and the Registration Certificate for both the children around mid of Oct. I've applied for tthe passport via online service a week ago (26th of October).

My Two children who traveled to India for School Holiday in September, had to extend their stay in India due to health condition of their Grand Parents and looks like they have to spend few months till the situation gets better

I am travelling to India in December with the their Naturalisation Certificates and planning to apply for their passport from India.

Is this the right approach and Will there any risk of Registration Certificate getting cancelled.

Or Passport is a separate process and once a person is registered he/she is the British Citizen

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:05 pm

I am travelling to India in December with the their Naturalisation Certificates and planning to apply for their passport from India.
You can do this for them but are you aware that passports applications from India take between 6 and 12 months. All passport applications worldwide are processed in the UK and not in the country of application any longer.
Is this the right approach and Will there any risk of Registration Certificate getting cancelled.
No, if they are now British they are British. Please bear in mind the restrictions on traveling on an Indian passport now that they are British.
Or Passport is a separate process and once a person is registered he/she is the British Citizen
Only a British Citizen can apply for a British passport and a passport application is a separate process. Once registered as British, the child is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks Char.

Is there a way I can apply for them from UK while they are in India.

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:09 pm

You can but they will need to submit biometrics which might be a problem. How old are the children as your numbers you typed came up with smiley faces.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:11 pm

M son is seventeen and daughter is nine. I guess there is a need to submit the uncancelled passport along with the passport application if someone applies from the UK.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Your 17 year old will need to attend an interview for his passport, which is mandatory for all applicants over 16.

Yes, all uncancelled passports need to be submitted.

When will they be back in the UK?

When did they get ILR and how long have they been out of the UK now?

Sorry, correction to my earlier post, no biometrics for passport applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:23 pm

They both got the ILR on 11-06-2014 - valid for 5 years. along with me.

They left UK on June 28th 2015 - had to extend their stay in India.

My plan is to apply for their passport in Dec when i go their and pan the travel once they receive the passports.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Expect a long wait for a passport if you apply from India. What is the date on their registration certificates?

I trust that you have notified the schools accordingly about your children's absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Registration Certificate date in 10th September. Hope there is no challnege there.

I have informed the school and I know this affects the kids. but the situation demands them to be with their grandparents.

Should I be be aware of anything else to apply from India for them in December and Should I get any other documents in addition to the standard documents required by the passport application.

Regards
Alagan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:38 pm

No, follow what the application form asks for and prepare for the long wait applying from India.

Bear in mind that they will not be able to travel. You will also need to arrange their exit visas or OCI once they have their British passports.

You should also post in the Other Countries (click) forum on matters relating to Indian authorities and processes and you might want to post a question regarding your kids entitlement to education etc given that they are technically no longer Indian citizens.

Also, just a point to consider should your 17 year old wish to study further in the UK at university, he will be required to have 3 years residence prior to qualifying for home student status. As he will likely be away for a substantial period, the absence might have an implication.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Thank you for the guidance and prompt response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:11 pm

You are welcome and all the best and hope all works out for the grandparents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:13 pm

just quick question
when I apply for my first British passport do i have send my grandparents details?
if i use post office check in service ate thry return original documents?
thnankz
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:44 pm

uk2005 wrote:just quick question
when I apply for my first British passport do i have send my grandparents details? No
if i use post office check in service ate thry return original documents? No, your original documents get sent with the application to HMPO.
thnankz
Char (CR001 not Casa)

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
uk2005 wrote:just quick question
when I apply for my first British passport do i have send my grandparents details? No
if i use post office check in service ate thry return original documents? No, your original documents get sent with the application to HMPO.
thnankz
Thanks
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

RR17

Post by RR17 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Can you guys please suggest best option please.

My Naturalization approval arrived on 07/11/15, yet to book appointment.

I have plans to visit India in December 2nd week for 4 weeks.

1) If I get naturalization certificate in a week, Apply for premium British citizenship (I dont know how long it takes?) And surrender my India passport and may get India e-visa? Do you thinks its possible in 4 weeks?
OR
2)Can I take naturalization certificate now and travel to India, apply for UK passport as soon as I come back in Jan 2016? Is this OK/Risky?
Please Advise
Many Thanks,
RR17

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm

RR17 wrote:Can you guys please suggest best option please.

My Naturalization approval arrived on 07/11/15, yet to book appointment.

I have plans to visit India in December 2nd week for 4 weeks.

1) If I get naturalization certificate in a week, Apply for premium British citizenship (I dont know how long it takes?) And surrender my India passport and may get India e-visa? Do you thinks its possible in 4 weeks?
OR
2)Can I take naturalization certificate now and travel to India, apply for UK passport as soon as I come back in Jan 2016? Is this OK/Risky?
Please Advise
Many Thanks,
RR17
You cannot apply for the fast track British Passport as a first time passport application. You will do better to wait till you come back to apply as it is unlikely you will have all your documents back in time. You can travel on your Indian passport, ILR BRP and carry your naturalisation certificate with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RR17

Post by RR17 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
RR17 wrote:Can you guys please suggest best option please.

You cannot apply for the fast track British Passport as a first time passport application. You will do better to wait till you come back to apply as it is unlikely you will have all your documents back in time. You can travel on your Indian passport, ILR BRP and carry your naturalisation certificate with you.
Great CR001 ..Many Thanks for your very concise advise..

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:18 am

Hi everyone, I posted this in the timeline thread but this might be more apt in the general discussion one instead. As soon as I finish my citizenship ceremony I will need a passport extremely urgently for upcoming travel (I don't have any other passports unfortunately). I was wondering if anyone had any tips at all so make the process as quick as humanly possible.

E.g. Would it be faster for me to apply with a less busy passport office (e.g. outside of London rather than in London)? Is there anything I should say when I call them up to ensure the fastest possible route? How many days after sending my passport should I call to book the interview to get it as soon as possible? Can I attach a cover letter requesting urgent processing with my application? How can I ensure everything in my application is correct so that I don't lose any precious time? What is the quickest way to apply (post/NCS/online)?

If anyone has any tips, reminders, advice, etc, anything at all, it would be very very much appreciated! :) Thank you so much!!

khan010

Re:

Post by khan010 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:58 pm

hi my question is i applied my nutrlistion on 15 december 2015 my fee taken on 8th January 2016 and probably i will get my knowledge letter and biomatric in couple of days my question is am i free to travel after done my biomatric because as i know its take 4 to 5 months to complete all process is it alright i will go out side country for 3 months?

sank28
Newly Registered

Post by sank28 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Urgent help!

I applied for naturalization in October 2015.

Sent all my supporting documents plus 3 passports and BR.

Today I received a letter from HO saying they have not received the passports or BRP.

Please note that these were all sent together withe the application form. They've sent back some supporting documents ans have said that's all they received.

Where do I go from here because those passports are now missing!