ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set M application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keepsim

Set M application

Post by keepsim » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi,

For SET M application Is it mandatory to send original passport & Biometric card along with the application or any form of copies (solictor verified) could be used. Just worried if incase I've to travel before a decision is made.

I do know one can use in person appt but its for £400 so trying to understand if any alternate option is available.

many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set M application

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Not sure if you mean the applicants or the spouse's (British/settled) passport. But you could also use the Settlement Checking Service at the council, see link below. I believe there is a small fee for this service.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:43 am

I meant applicant passport & biometric card , thanks for sharing the link I'll check with closed council . I was aware that one could use them for citizenship application but good they do SET (M). Although the application is straight forward its just I didnt want to send original passport for 6 months,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:50 am

The councils offer two services, Settlement Checking Service (SCS) which is for Set(M) and Nationality Checking Service which is for naturalisation applications.

You would need to send your original documents if you don't use the SCS service or apply in person at a premium appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 pm

In continuation with my original question I've another one. I did contact my local council to take advice regarding submitting verified copies and they confirmed once they verify Originals themselves they can then send copies to UKBA with application.

Now my question is , After submitting postal application is there any requirement to be there in the UK ? I might be going abroad for 2 months after my application so just wondering could that be cause any issue ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:00 pm

There is no requirement to stay in the UK while your application is considered but remember that at some point you will get a letter to enroll your biometrics and this needs to be done within 15 days. If after the second letter they send you, you still don't enroll your biometrics, your application could be returned as invalid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you