ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tomboy

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by tomboy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 pm

UPDATE
Here is my timeline
Application : first adult british passport
Date of application : 17.08.15
Method : check and send
Recieved by office ; 18.08.15
Date of interview letter reciedr:28,08.15
Date of interview appointment: 29.08.15
Original docs recieved : 28.08.15
Passport recieved : 04.09.15
Alhamdulilah finally british

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:19 am

Application Type: First NEW
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of applications: 21/08/2015
Date applications received: Unknow
Date of return of documents: 27-08-2015
Date of receipt of interview letters: 27/08/2015 (dated 25/08/15)
Date of Passport Appointment: 1/09/2015
Date of SMS Received: 02-09-15
passport Received: 04-09-2015 (11:34 AM) :)

junk2014
Newly Registered

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by junk2014 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Application Timeline

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New - First time (Naturalised Citizen)
Method of application: Paper Form - Self Checked
Date of application: 5 Sept 2015 posted form (Sat)
Date application received by HMPO:
HMPO Office: Peterborough
Date SMS Received:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of return of documents:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

20March2015
Newly Registered

Post by 20March2015 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Got my Passport yesterday...

I pray that all those who are waiting get their passports soon...

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:43 am

got my passport today Adam are brilliant thy deliver bank holiday and Sunday tooooo.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Can some one confirm about any information from their referee regarding the confirmation of their particulars by passport office. Since my refree received a letter for verification of my particulars after one month which he confirmed on the same day by a second class return envelop provided, and there after no news again. I don't know what is happening with my application. Plz educate me if you can. Thankd
Choudhry

junk2014
Newly Registered

Post by junk2014 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Application Timeline

Date application received by HMPO: 7 Sept 2015 (Mon)
Date SMS Received:

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

Passport timeline for my husband:

Application Type: New  
Method of application: NOT check and send! It was sent by ourselves
Date of application: 20/08/2015
Date application received by IPS: 24/08/2015
Location of IPS Office involved: Peterborough
Date of return of documents:29/08/2015
Date of receipt of interview letter:26/08/2015
Date of Passport Appointment:04/09/2015
Date of Passport Receipt:07/09/2015
Date of passport received: 08/09/2015

My husband has got his passport on his birthday :-)
With this our journey have ended as the children were British by birth and me and my husband did the naturalisation within a year, every one of us are British now.
Thank you very much for your ideas and support what we have got here. Just keep up the good work! Good luck everyone!

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:55 pm

hi everyone
calling all experts for their advice on my silly query if its covered already ( sorry in advance )
I am filling Passport application as I am applying for my first british passport. Citizenship approved as a spouse of BC. So there is a section 4 where they are asking about parents detail so i know their DOB'S , place of birth and nationalities but I dont have exact date of their marriage. so now what can I do ? Plus just want to confirm it that is it right i dont need to give them my grandparents details right ?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi

It is better if you write correct marriage date of parents, you can check with your parents. If they don't remember or couldn't find copy of marriage certificate then you don't have other choice but to write any date using your imagination. BUT do note this date and others on the form as you can be asked this during interview. Sometimes people forget when they use dates that are not 100% true.

For grand parents - most people will say this information is not required for naturalised persons. But it is better to type/write grand parent details on plain paper (grand parent names, their parent's names, DOB, place of birth etc). If you don't have any information just write unknown.

Make sure your countersignature dates are same on both photo and form and after your ceremony specially if the countersignatory lives far away.

Personal advice- Get the forms from post office but don't use check and send service rather fill out form carefully. Save money and time plus I have noticed if you post via first class or special delivery directly (address is on the form) your application is processed quickly.

All the best.
tulip11 wrote:hi everyone
calling all experts for their advice on my silly query if its covered already ( sorry in advance )
I am filling Passport application as I am applying for my first british passport. Citizenship approved as a spouse of BC. So there is a section 4 where they are asking about parents detail so i know their DOB'S , place of birth and nationalities but I dont have exact date of their marriage. so now what can I do ? Plus just want to confirm it that is it right i dont need to give them my grandparents details right ?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi all

Passport application: 27/08/2015 (same day right after ceremony)
Method: Direct via post (got the forms from post office but did it myself)
Confirmation SMS: 01/09/2015
Return of docs: 07/09/2015
Passport interview: 08/09/2015
Passport confirmation SMS: 09/09/2015
Passport delivered: 10/09/2015 (printed on 08/09/2015)

Those who want to complete the passport application before the ceremony to apply same day make sure countersignature date is on or after the ceremony. If your countersignatory lives too far then apply next day after ceremony dated accordingly.

All the best.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Method of application: check and send
Date of application: 09/09/2015
Date application received by IPS:
Location of IPS Office involved:Glasgow
Date of Passport receipt :waiting

flon
Newly Registered

Post by flon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:59 pm

hello I am just planning to spot for passport. As I got ceremony today.
Can anyone let me know how passport office sends the original documents back I.e. Which courier or royal mail
or I need to send envelope for special delivery.
thanks

To ensure that your "entire" timeline history can be viewed by others at one single location and that there are no multiple posts of one case spread across the entire topic:
1. please do not make new (duplicate) posts in the topic to provide updates (e.g. - a new post with original post in "quotes").
2. to post updates (timeline / interim), please edit the original post you've made.
(Tip: Remember the page number of your initial post, to help you find it to edit it for posting updates).

Please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have an update to provide (timelines only).
Duplicate posts, multiple posts relating to the same application, pleasantries, off-topic posts, queries, posts enquiring about current timelines, etc. will be deleted without notice.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.[/quote]

junk2014
Newly Registered

Post by junk2014 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:55 am

Application Timeline

Date Payment Taken: 8 Sept 2015
Date SMS Received:

junk2014
Newly Registered

Post by junk2014 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Application Timeline

Date Payment Taken: 8 Sept 2015
Date SMS Received:

Update 11 Sept.
Had letter and new form from HMPO today to fill out as had not filled out the parent's section as did not think it was required as not claiming citizenship through them (as form mentions), but through naturaliastion instead.
Called to clarify, and was told that parents and grandparents info (as parent were born outside of UK) was required regardless of claiming citizenship through them or not.

zack98
Newly Registered

Post by zack98 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:55 pm

LONG JOURNEY START.......

Sep 2003 ...Student Enter in UK,
July 2005... Student Extension,
July 2006..Extension Refused (No Exam Result provided),
July 2007 Appeal win Result provided & passport returned,
Aug 2008 post Study Work-permit 2 year,
March 2009 Tier 1 General,
March 2012 Tier 1 general Extension,
January 2013 ILR 10 year basis,
Aug 2015 Neutralized Citizen,
14th September 2015, British Passport Received..........Thanks God,

LONG JOURNEY OVERRRRRR,

Thanks for this forum, people here are very helpful.Bye for all

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:15 pm

hi everyone

some are saying those who are applying as naturalized citizens for their first birtish passport they just need to fill parents details not grandparents and even though its already mentioned there . I applied today as a naturalized citzen i provided parents DOB , everything except i didnt have their marriage date . I left grandparents section blank. At check and send service the lady checked it and didnt ask to fill out the grandparents details and marriage date of my parents. Now looking at some posts I got confused some are saying to provide everything including grandparent details and some not.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Tulip,
Applied last week and was told that grandparents details are not required

zyf628
Newly Registered

Post by zyf628 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 am

Method of application: check and send
Date of application: 02/09/2015
Date application received by IPS: unknown
Location of IPS Office involved: Peterborough
Date of return of documents: 10/09/15
Date of receipt of interview letter: 09/09/15 dated 07/09/15
Date of Passport Appointment: 11/09/15
Date of Passport receipt: 14/09/15
Date of SMS confirmation: 14/09/15

Best of luck to anyone else who has been or is about to go through this process; seems very smooth experience to me.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:51 am

Hi Tulip

'Better safe than sorry' I strongly believe in this and that's why my journey has been smooth and easy since I arrived in UK 6.3 years ago. If you ask others everyone will have a different point of view. I would never ever rely on check and send guys. I would rather do my own research. I'm a bit crazy. Even when GP prescribes any medicine I research the medicine and then decide to take it or not. For me Google is right and everyone else is wrong. I did my research and noticed grand parents details are not required however guidelines doesn't clearly say this. There is no harm in providing additional details i.e. parents or grand parents details (even hand written on plain sheet). I personally think parent's marriage date is important but I don't think they will refuse your application as some are never married but have kids. It's common sense Home office never asked and doesn't have too much details about parents. They are not asking for copies of their passport or other documents. They will never know the parents/grand parents details ...date of marriage etc. I would rather write in any date (right or wrong) then leaving it blank. Common sense!

You're British and no one can stop you from getting passport.

Thanks.

some are saying those who are applying as naturalized citizens for their first birtish passport they just need to fill parents details not grandparents and even though its already mentioned there . I applied today as a naturalized citzen i provided parents DOB , everything except i didnt have their marriage date . I left grandparents section blank. At check and send service the lady checked it and didnt ask to fill out the grandparents details and marriage date of my parents. Now looking at some posts I got confused some are saying to provide everything including grandparent details and some not.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:09 am

fn286 wrote:Hi Tulip

'Better safe than sorry' I strongly believe in this and that's why my journey has been smooth and easy since I arrived in UK 6.3 years ago. If you ask others everyone will have a different point of view. I would never ever rely on check and send guys. I would rather do my own research. I'm a bit crazy. Even when GP prescribes any medicine I research the medicine and then decide to take it or not. For me Google is right and everyone else is wrong. I did my research and noticed grand parents details are not required however guidelines doesn't clearly say this. There is no harm in providing additional details i.e. parents or grand parents details (even hand written on plain sheet). I personally think parent's marriage date is important but I don't think they will refuse your application as some are never married but have kids. It's common sense Home office never asked and doesn't have too much details about parents. They are not asking for copies of their passport or other documents. They will never know the parents/grand parents details ...date of marriage etc. I would rather write in any date (right or wrong) then leaving it blank. Common sense!

Thanks.

Thanks Fn286 :)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:10 am

Gagan1986 wrote:Hi Tulip,
Applied last week and was told that grandparents details are not required

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:55 pm

fn286 wrote:Hi Tulip

Thanks.

If you truly "believe" in Google is always right then you are not really doing your research, you are just putting your trust in some strangers you have never met as opposed to someone you have. Hardly any difference I would say. Remember Google doesn't do any fact check its merely a search engine and if majority of people are wrong any results it produces will be wrong as well. There are plenty of example of Google suggesting wrong results/spellings even, because most of the users are misspelling it. Look it up. So look at all the sources and make up your own mind instead of putting blind trust in any one source.

Anyway, the point I wanted to address was your advise about filling in any date. In my opinion this is a wrong advise, if you don't know the dates just leave them blank. That would be common sense. Knowingly lying is not common sense. Just because HO is not checking doesn't make it any less of a lie.

This is what you agree to as part of declaration.

It is a criminal offence to make a false statement to get a passport. If you have made a false statement on this form, you could be prosecuted and could go to prison. Our work includes checking that the countersignature in section 10 is genuine.
Received by HO : 02-04-2015
Fee deducted : 22-04-2015
Acknowledgment Email: 23-04-2015
Approval Letter : 10-10-2015

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:59 pm

My spouse's timeline

Method of application: Online
Date of application: 05/09/2015
Date application received by IPS: 07/09/2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: 10/09/15
Date of return of documents: 14/09/15
Date of Passport Appointment: 14/09/15
Date of Passport Despatch: 15/09/15 Online status changed - No SMS
Received by HO : 02-04-2015
Fee deducted : 22-04-2015
Acknowledgment Email: 23-04-2015
Approval Letter : 10-10-2015

flon
Newly Registered

Post by flon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 15/09/2015
Date application received by IPS:
Location of IPS Office involved:
date of interview letter
Date of interview
date of passport dispatch
Date of passport receipt