ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa via Surinder Singh route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yaz
Newly Registered

Post by yaz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 pm

s1dhart wrote:Thanks for the detailed response Ben, Directive/2004/38/EC

I came across this pdf while going through the europa.eu -
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/fil ... _ec_en.pdf
On pg 7 in section - "Rules for your family members" it states -
Your family members, who are Union citizens themselves, are
covered by the very same rules.
Those family members who are not nationals of a Member State
(so-called third country family members) may enter the host Member State with a valid passport. If they come from certain countries which are subject to visa obligation, they may be required to have an entry visa. Countries whose nationals are subject to visa are listed in Regulation (EC) No 539/2001, or under national law in the case of the United Kingdom and Ireland.
India comes under the third countries whose national requires Visa under national law in the case of the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Does it mean my parents do need a entry visa prior to reaching the port ?

I am struggling to decide on whether to -
- go via NI into Ireland
- or take a flight and request a free movement visa on port
- or apply for via embassy in advance before travel.

All Suggestion will be welcomed and hugely appreciated :)
s1dhart, did you manage to get anything organised so far? what sort of visa did your parents get in order to enter Ireland?

mongle
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by mongle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Ben wrote:Taking a flight from the UK to Ireland without an entry visa would be problematic in terms of logistics - staff working at check-in on behalf of the airline are likely to (unlawfully) refuse travel.

Applying for an EUTR visa at the Irish embassy in London in advance of flying / sailing to Ireland from Britain is fine, but be prepared for staff at the embassy to make your lives difficult and probably refuse the visa applications initially, later issuing them on appeal and following further documentation / letters / headache from you.

Sailing or flying to Northern Ireland from Britain and entering Ireland over land eliminates the stress of entry visa applications mentioned above and, whilst perhaps not the most direct or convenient route, is likely the most stress-free option whilst still being entirely lawful - providing you and your parents are all in possession of your passport and that they have sufficient evidence to prove that they are your parents and that they are dependant on you.
I am British and i have secured a job starting October in Dublin. My dependent parents are currently with me in the UK and they can stay here on the UK visa for 2 more months. I intend to travel to Dublin via Belfast as per third option provided by Ben though the UK visa is valid as per Irish visa waiver program. However, how do we get the stamp on entry if there is no one at the border? Can we go the Garda the next day and get the 90 day stamp showing identity and dependency proofs? Or do i just apply for the RC in a weeks' time and provide payslips, etc later?

would be great to get any feedback or advice