ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arfaisal

Citizenship Application

Post by arfaisal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:24 am

Dear Forum ,

Please advise soon I have to apply for citizenship application. I mistakenly claimed Child Benefit allowance in 2010 for few months however same year informed HMRC to stop this payment as not entitled told them later pay back as well after further correspondence. Declared this issue in last two Tier 2 extensions as well clearly however no problem was faced for extension of my Tier 2 visa by Home Office. Got ILR last year on same day service do i need to mention this issue in my Citizenship application otherwise nothing wrong on my records till to date.

Regards

Faisal

geriatrix

Re: Citizenship Application Claimed Child Benefit allowance

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:16 pm

To beign with, read the form AN and guide AN first to understand what information and material facts need to be declared.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:To beign with, read the form AN and guide AN first to understand what information and material facts need to be declared.
Dear sushdmehta
Do they run a search to see if the applicant has received benefits while on immigration control? If they did and found out this, then it might hurt him on the grounds of good character. Not sure if declaring will help at all, though.

I, too, claimed Child Benefit while on the Tier 2 visa but I am Turkish and there is an exception for Turkish and a few other nationals letting them claim several benefits even though they may be subject to immigration control. The caseworker should obviously know this, but I am still wondering if I should remind them this exception in the filed "Other Information".

Anyhow, maybe I am freaked out and over-thinking this

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:To beign with, read the form AN and guide AN first to understand what information and material facts need to be declared.
He will not need to declare that.

But if checks revealed that he claimed benefit he may be penalised , as that was a breach of the conditions of his leave.

Given that he stopped and paid what he had claimed , he may be ok.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 pm

The fact that the money was paid back means that there was no breach of conditions (or, technically, the breach was rectified in time). That is why his PBS extension and application were approved.
My response was based on that "fact", not an assumption that he may have sailed through extension(s) and settlement without scrutiny.

If the OP so wishes and feels that by doing so he may be on the safe side (not that he is not), he may use page 24 of the form AN to provide the same explanation as he did in earlier immigration applications.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:24 pm

I agree he does not need to disclose.

However I am not convince that he actually did repay it, having gone through his post again , and even if he had repaid it, I am unsure it will absolve him of the breach.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

arfaisal

Notice of Seizure - British Citizenship

Post by arfaisal » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi

kindly advice once i was stopped at Birmingham airport for bringing Mangoes from outside EU and i was issued notice of seizure by UKBA. They took my passport details and says no action this time however next time we can take any action if you bring anything which is not allowed. So after that every travel i usually declare things at red channel for things if any doubt. Do i need to declare this issue in my Citizenship application.

Regards

arfaisal

noajthan

Re: Notice of Seizure - British Citizenship

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 pm

arfaisal wrote:Hi

kindly advice once i was stopped at Birmingham airport for bringing Mangoes from outside EU and i was issued notice of seizure by UKBA. They took my passport details and says no action this time however next time we can take any action if you bring anything which is not allowed. So after that every travel i usually declare things at red channel for things if any doubt. Do i need to declare this issue in my Citizenship application.

Regards

arfaisal
If you were told "no action" & there was no arrest or court action or penalty then there seems nothing to declare, especially if a one-off.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:32 pm

You can mention it in additional info box. I done so with seizure of 11340 cigarettes and it was't problem.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 pm

boloney wrote:You can mention it in additional info box. I done so with seizure of 11340 cigarettes and it was't problem.
You dont smoke much do you? :P

OP - On a serious note, do declare it on additional info box - no harm, or at least they cant blame you for not disclosing!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

arfaisal

Post by arfaisal » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks Dear All

Best Regards

arfaisal

arfaisal

Credit Check Service _Citizenship

Post by arfaisal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 am

Hi

Anyone have any idea which credit agency used by home office to check credit history as I am having a problem with all three companies as they have tagged wrong records with my name as other person have a really bad credit history. However after 04 years of struggle I managed to get clean from Experian, Call Credit but Equifax is still going on. They have send me a letter in writing that they have removed wrong records from my file but they keep popping up after every 01 or 02 months and I have to remind them to correct.

Regards

arfaisal

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Credit Check Service _Citizenship

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 am

As far as im aware they havent introduced credit checks,YET,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Credit Check Service _Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:47 am

The Insolvency register is checked as IVA's or Bankruptcy will have an effect on citizenship applications. If HO does require more information from you, they will likely write to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arfaisal

Child Biometric for Citizenship applications

Post by arfaisal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi

If anyone can advise I have applied for British Citizenship application last month as a family got acknowledgement letter with all family details on it. However haven't received any Biometric letter for my son who is 14 years of age . Does he require biometric or not as per current process for Citizenship applications.

Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Biometric for Citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 pm

All applicants have to submit biometrics. His letter might just be delayed in the post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arfaisal

Re: Child Biometric for Citizenship applications

Post by arfaisal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 pm

CR001 wrote:All applicants have to submit biometrics. His letter might just be delayed in the post.

Thanks for the quick update.

Best regards

arfaisal

Parking Charge Notice - Birmingham City Council

Post by arfaisal » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi

Does Parking Charge Notice effect Citizenship application, Need to be declared as well on application form or not.

Regards

geriatrix

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:05 am

Read the Form AN. It expalins what needs to be declared.

And, please keep your queries regarding naturalisation in a single topic.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 am

On the subject of benefit overpayments, I had an overpayment of child benefit and child tax credit between 2013 and 2014 to the sum of about £3500. It was an error by HMRC as they did not act on information I gave them on three separate occasions. I appealed but they rejected it (now I see why people are scared of using the UK benefits system even when they are entitled to).

HMRC did not impose a penalty or anything and I've paid about half of it back, with the remainder due to be paid back by about September 2016.

Will this have any effect on my naturalisation application and should I declare it somewhere? I obviously intend to pay the rest off.

arfaisal

Post by arfaisal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Obie wrote:I agree he does not need to disclose.

However I am not convince that he actually did repay it, having gone through his post again , and even if he had repaid it, I am unsure it will absolve him of the breach.
Thanks dear all , Actually I have finally applied for Citizenship and as per some solicitor advise i have attached a covering letter and clearly mentioning the same facts I have mistakenly claimed child benefit allowance however informed HMRC to stop same year 2010 and deposited back as well and already mentioned / declared twice in my Tier 2 Extensions visa. As per him this will not be problem and better to declare again , as they already overlooked a issue earlier . He also advised me to write in the end i would like to mention that there are no Civil or Criminal Penalties on me in United Kingdom or any other part of the world. I applied on 26th Oct 15 via NCS Birmingham and now Bio-metrics done plus letter also received my case will be done most probably in 6 months time period. lets hope for the best and I will definitely update what will be the outcome of my case. Thanks again.

Best Regards :)

arfaisal

Post by arfaisal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:37 pm

arfaisal wrote:
Obie wrote:I agree he does not need to disclose.

Thanks dear all , Actually I have finally applied for Citizenship and as per some solicitor advise i have attached a covering letter and clearly mentioning the same facts I have mistakenly claimed child benefit allowance however informed HMRC to stop same year 2010 and deposited back as well and already mentioned / declared twice in my Tier 2 Extensions visa. As per him this will not be problem and better to declare again , as they already overlooked a issue earlier . He also advised me to write in the end i would like to mention that there are no Civil or Criminal Penalties on me in United Kingdom or any other part of the world. I applied on 26th Oct 15 via NCS Birmingham and now Bio-metrics done plus letter also received my case will be done most probably in 6 months time period. lets hope for the best and I will definitely update what will be the outcome of my case. Thanks again.

Best Regards :)
Just to update all , I got Citizenship invitaton letter today to attend on April 12, 2016. As mentioned above all things declared in Citizenship application. Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Congratulations. Very pleased for you and thank you for updating us.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arfaisal

Post by arfaisal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:04 pm

CR001 wrote:Congratulations. Very pleased for you and thank you for updating us.
Thank U , Still little confused haven't received letter from Home Office yet, it is from Registrar office to attend the Ceremony for myself and other 2 dependents.

Regards