ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Traffic Offence- naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Minor Traffic Offence- naturalisation

Post by 1273 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:45 pm

When applying for naturalisation the caseworker can has the discretion to overlook a single minor traffic conviction with a relatively small fine .

Fines for traffic offence starts at £200. What/how much is considered as relatively small?

Under £200 Under £150 under£100

Level of Fines
Level 1 £200
Level 2 £500
Level 3 £1,000
Level 4 £2,500
Level 5 £5,000

Major Offences - if the court awarded 4 or more penalty points for the offence/disqualification/imprisonment
Minor traffic offences if the court awarded 3 or less penalty points for the offence.

1. Can anyone direct me to any guidance regarding relatively small fine.
2. Is LC20 with 3 points is deemed major or minor offence ?

Thanks
WOW

tony_ola
Newly Registered

Same problem

Post by tony_ola » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 am

I have the same issue i.e. LC20 and I got teh following reply from 2 advisers

I am afraid this will cause an application for naturalization to be rejected. We will therefore need to wait for this to be spent.
==============================================
A single speeding ticket is considered a minor offence. Driving without a valid license is not a minor offense. As I said in my last email, there is no merit in making an application until the conviction is spent (or rehabilitated, depending on which term you want to use).

superye
Newly Registered

Re: Minor Traffic Offence- naturalisation

Post by superye » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:51 pm

1273 wrote:When applying for naturalisation the caseworker can has the discretion to overlook a single minor traffic conviction with a relatively small fine .

Fines for traffic offence starts at £200. What/how much is considered as relatively small?

Under £200 Under £150 under£100

Level of Fines
Level 1 £200
Level 2 £500
Level 3 £1,000
Level 4 £2,500
Level 5 £5,000

Major Offences - if the court awarded 4 or more penalty points for the offence/disqualification/imprisonment
Minor traffic offences if the court awarded 3 or less penalty points for the offence.

1. Can anyone direct me to any guidance regarding relatively small fine.
2. Is LC20 with 3 points is deemed major or minor offence ?

Thanks
Hi,

Can you please let us know if your application has been successful?

Thanks

Superye

mz1101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mz1101 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi,

I was going through post and found this one relevant to my issue. Although this is an old post but hoping to get some advise.

I have a traffic offence case currently in court, MS90. I have hearing in Oct. In case i get convicted, will this be a minor or major offence. Its 6 points on licence and £600 fine. What affects will it have on naturalisation? Any feedabck will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 pm

mz1101 wrote:Hi,

I was going through post and found this one relevant to my issue. Although this is an old post but hoping to get some advise.

I have a traffic offence case currently in court, MS90. I have hearing in Oct. In case i get convicted, will this be a minor or major offence. Its 6 points on licence and £600 fine. What affects will it have on naturalisation? Any feedabck will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks
All hypothetical at the moment, but your assumptions [which leads to a conviction] would pose some [if not a lot] threat to your application. If you still fancy taking a chance, do DECLARE IT on the form and let the caseworker decide - at least you wont be done for deception [leading to TEN years wait]

All the best
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Lilca
Newly Registered

Post by Lilca » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:56 pm

I received a speeding notice over two years ago and attended a speed awareness course for which I had to pay. I had no points added to my licence and my record has been clear since. Do I still need to declare that particular incident? Please advise. Thank you