ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meet2mustafiz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:50 am

tazkhan wrote:HI
i have taken the test but not used it for my extension of Visa.

THANKS
Be-careful,even you did not used TOEIC for visa extension-still it could create problem.Because as far I know HO took data from ETS and HO is now start checking while any student applying for visa.I know someone who faced this problem who never disclosed/used TOEIC for visa extension but took test.good luck

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 am

d3thmark wrote:Thanks mate yeah sucha relief after like 4 months, now i am waiting for the FLR fp Fees and IHS fees to be refunded :( bcz i spent so much money on getting my ILR, now need to return the money i owe.
Anyone know how long does it take to get the FLR FP application fees and IHS fees refunded ?
Ditima98 wrote:
d3thmark wrote:Hey Everyone

Just want to inform you guys i have been granted with ILR
On 4th Sep and i recived my documents on 5th Sep.

I varied my application from Flr fp to Set Lr

I would like to say thanks everyone specially
Zee Ali and Omar4real

Really appriciated guys for the help and advices

Thanks
Hassan
Congrats, happy for u man, you now can sit back, relax as u are off the 'pressure cooker'! Your situation looked really precarious, so it must be a big sigh of relief on yr part that you have made it, and it has also given alot of hope to people in a similar situation on this forum.

All the best man as you start a new chapter....
Congrat Hassan
The case worker that dealt with your ILR should have requested for a refund, but if you didn't hear anything for about 1-2 weeks after the date you received your application then you can give them a call.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the info Omar4real :)

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:53 am

Update..Today i have received a refund of IHS automatically on my card and now waiting for Flr fp fees to be refunded..

Thanks all..

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Babui » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 am

Hi
I personally thanks to everyone moderator to ordinary members for each little contribution which create such a wonderful blog. It' helps me a lot to understand and justify my knowledge.
Right now I need some help

Already submit FLR FP for mine and separately my wife + 1 kid as short fall for 20 days +28 days
My 10 year will be 17th October 2015 count through landed Heathrow 2005
So now I want to go PEO /PES this month 20th to 30 th September with in 28 days before complete 10 years

1. Could anybody assist me how to vary my FLR FP do I need to write a letter to FP dept that I want to vary my application or not

2. I am living in East London but want to go Sheffield PEO so my question how do I go there by bus / train ( most convenient way), do I need to stay overnight before my PEO Appointment anybody suggest me any economic accommodation near PEO and where the exactly PEO locate on Sheffield does it properly show on google map or not because of bad experience finding govt location.
I will be grateful if someone share their experiences
Thanks in advance

longresident85
Newly Registered

Post by longresident85 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:56 am

moonshri wrote:Hi Longresident85,
Please can you list out all your documents which you have submitted with your application. Have you attached tax related documents as well? And what additionoal document should we take with us for premium service appointment. Your own experience sharing would be very helpful
Thanks
Hi moonshri,

Doc submitted were:
- payment confirmation sheet
- application form
- photos
- LIUK
- degrees

Optional:
- table showing visa/residence permits history
- a letter stating reasons for 3.2 section
- a small letter explaining ccj
- 3 months bank statements
- payslips + job reference letter (pt)
- driving license

I really submitted more that what was needed. But as I had ccj history so I was clearly reflecting human rights grounds in applications should the case worker decide to hold against ccj.
But it wasn't needed thankfully.
Cardiff peo is much better than Croydon peo, not crowdy, polite Welsh staff, comfy waiting area.
Best of luck in your application.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:22 am

Babui wrote:Hi
I personally thanks to everyone moderator to ordinary members for each little contribution which create such a wonderful blog. It' helps me a lot to understand and justify my knowledge.

Already submit FLR FP for mine and separately my wife + 1 kid as short fall for 20 days +28 days
So now I want to go PEO /PES this month 20th to 30 th September with in 28 days before complete 10 years

1. Could anybody assist me how to vary my FLR FP do I need to write a letter to FP dept that I want to vary my application or not

2. I am living in East London but want to go Sheffield PEO so my question how do I go there by bus / train ( most convenient way), do I need to stay overnight before my PEO Appointment anybody suggest me any economic accommodation near PEO and where the exactly PEO locate on Sheffield does it properly show on google map or not because of bad experience finding govt location.
Thanks in advance

Well u can follow my posts on how did i vary my flr fp application to Set LR . As u dnt hav a passport most probably u wont be getting a decision on the same day, i didn't get mine either, i went to sheffield i got my decision in 2-3 weeks.

for Sheffield book a Eastmidland train ticket for 30 pound return in advance for cheap, premium service is only 12 mins walk away from the station u can walk to be honest. i took an early first train from Seven King station around 5 am and got the 6:30 am train to Sheffield from London St Pancras International. I had appointment at 11.30 am at Sheffield Peo.

Its better u write a cover letter stating u are varying ur application from FLR fp to Set LR and explain everything in that.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi all,
I have got a call for an interview after a stressful and frustrating 15 months, i know what is it about, has anyone got his decision after attending in an interview ?

thanks

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Babui » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:30 am

Again Thank you hassan
d3thmark wrote:
Babui wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance

Well u can follow my posts on how did i vary my flr fp application to Set LR . As u dnt hav a passport most probably u wont be getting a decision on the same day, i didn't get mine either, i went to sheffield i got my decision in 2-3 weeks.

for Sheffield book a Eastmidland train ticket for 30 pound return in advance for cheap, premium service is only 12 mins walk away from the station u can walk to be honest. i took an early first train from Seven King station around 5 am and got the 6:30 am train to Sheffield from London St Pancras International. I had appointment at 11.30 am at Sheffield Peo.

Its better u write a cover letter stating u are varying ur application from FLR fp to Set LR and explain everything in that.

infodigger
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by infodigger » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi
I need help regarding following please;

Immigration History:
Came to UK as student 14.10.2006
Last visa PSW expired 09.02.2012
Applied FLR (O) 07.02.2012 (still pending with Home Office)
ILR Eligibility September 2016
Wife came dependent 08.04.2009 (7 years & 6 months at my ILR)
Ist Child Born 2010 (6 years & 9 months at my ILR)
2nd Child Born 2012 (4 years & 8 months at ILR)

I am going to apply for ILR on 10 year long residency route in September 2016. My wife's going to be here for 7 years & 6 months at the time of my ILR application.

I am planning to make PEO appointment. I have two questions;

Which application/visa do I need for my wife for her quickest route for settlement?
Do I need to apply for my children or shall I go for their registration after my ILR?

Regards
Malik

december15
Newly Registered

Post by december15 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi everyone....
Nice to see all of you here to help each other... want to know is anyone got his decision after attending in an interview ? Please update... Thanks

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Please help me I am in big big trouble.

My appeal was refused by FTT and determination was sent into wrong solicitor. we made application for permission to appeal to FTT. FTT refused my appeal,they said my application was out of time/invalid and my case don't have strong ground.we received refusal later from FTT on 21st July though latter dated was 7th July.we made application for permission to appeal directly to UTT on 5th August.

Finally today I received decision from UTT.They agreed my solicitor was right, they mistakenly sent determination letter in to wrong address. But they refused application for permission to appeal to UTT, They said we made out of time application, though my solicitor described on the application form that he received refusal decision from FTT on 21st July with received stamp on it.

Last 30th August 2015 I completed 10 years in UK.now I am in big trouble.I don't know how to legalize my 10 years and Apply for ILR.

please show me some light.Judicial Review or any other way open for me? pls find attached Tribunal letter with this post

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Dear Friends:

On 30th july 2015,I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long Residence by post,and on 5th Aug 2015 my application fee was deducted from my bank account.Since then i have not received any response from home office,No Acknowledgement letter ,No Biometric Letter,I know it can take upto 6 months for processing ILR applications but most applicants get their biomatric letters within 2 weeks.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:31 am

[quote="Cody"]Dear Friends:

On 30th july 2015,I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long Residence by post,and on 5th Aug 2015 my application fee was deducted from my bank account.Since then i have not received any response from home office,No Acknowledgement letter ,No Biometric Letter,I know it can take upto 6 months for processing ILR applications but most applicants get their biomatric letters within 2 weeks.[/quote]

Hi Cody,

I applied on the 16th of July, got an acknowledgement via email on July 20th, got Biometric letter on July 24th, did biometric registration on July 25th, got another email on August 17th that the application is still in process and that they'll inform me if they can't make a decision within 6months.

So, I'll suggest that you call home office in order to ensure that there's no problem whatsoever.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:00 am

infodigger wrote:Hi

Immigration History:
Came to UK as student 14.10.2006
Last visa PSW expired 09.02.2012
Applied FLR (O) 07.02.2012 (still pending with Home Office)
Wife came dependent 08.04.2009 (7 years & 6 months at my ILR)
Ist Child Born 2010 (6 years & 9 months at my ILR)
2nd Child Born 2012 (4 years & 8 months at ILR)

I am going to apply for ILR on 10 year long residency route in September 2016. My wife's going to be here for 7 years & 6 months at the time of my ILR application.

I am planning to make PEO appointment. I have two questions;

Which application/visa do I need for my wife for her quickest route for settlement?
Do I need to apply for my children or shall I go for their registration after my ILR?

Regards
Malik
Unfortunately, If you chose 10 years ILR category then your wife will have to switch to FLR (M) after ILR granted to you on 10 years basis and she will have to complete further 5 years to get her ILR which includes salary and English language requirements. They will disregard her previous stay. Also once you get your ILR you can register your kids as a British citizen using form MN as they were born here.

infodigger
Newly Registered

Post by infodigger » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:00 pm

thanks Aarsal385,
someone suggested that I can apply FLR (FP) as well for my wife. do you have any information regarding this. Also if we go for FLR (M), do they give visa for 5 years?

favour

Post by favour » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:30 pm

[quote="meet2mustafiz"]Please help me I am in big big trouble.

My appeal was refused by FTT and determination was sent into wrong solicitor. we made application for permission to appeal to FTT. FTT refused my appeal,they said my application was out of time/invalid and my case don't have strong ground.we received refusal later from FTT on 21st July though latter dated was 7th July.we made application for permission to appeal directly to UTT on 5th August.

Finally today I received decision from UTT.They agreed my solicitor was right, they mistakenly sent determination letter in to wrong address. But they refused application for permission to appeal to UTT, They said we made out of time application, though my solicitor described on the application form that he received refusal decision from FTT on 21st July with received stamp on it.

Last 30th August 2015 I completed 10 years in UK.now I am in big trouble.I don't know how to legalize my 10 years and Apply for ILR.

please show me some light.Judicial Review or any other way open for me? pls find attached Tribunal letter with this post[/quote]

Hello, are you still not within the 28 days period? I think they say they start counting once you get the final determination from ftt/utt. so if utt agrees that they sent decision to wrong address, then you should still be within the 28 days to apply.
you should probably do ASAP.

aks_wk
Newly Registered

Post by aks_wk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi there,
My 10 years will be completed on 20-10-2015. I read I can apply 28 days before my 10 years completion, my question is that can I still apply if I am using premium service or that only apply when you do postal application thanks

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:24 pm

aks_wk wrote:Hi there,
My 10 years will be completed on 20-10-2015. I read I can apply 28 days before my 10 years completion, my question is that can I still apply if I am using premium service or that only apply when you do postal application thanks
You an apply using premium service.

wyscliff
Newly Registered

Post by wyscliff » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello all,

I am going down to make my application for long residence in person in 2 weeks. I have filled out form SET (LR). My application is very straightforward, no gaps in my visa history, criminal record, have been out of the UK well under the permitted absences, etc. I have both my passports with all my entry stamps and my current BRP. However, I have a question regarding the documents needed.

As stated, my passport (Standard US passport) has all my entry to the UK stamps. It also has all stamps for travel to other countries. However, when I have been back to the US for brief visits to my family customs has not always stamped my passport, as such in my history of absences from the UK, I do not have any stamp that shows evidence of when I departed the UK for the US. Do I need to provide flight records for that time, or are they only looking for the UK entrance stamps?

Wyscliff

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:03 am

infodigger wrote:thanks Aarsal385,
someone suggested that I can apply FLR (FP) as well for my wife. do you have any information regarding this. Also if we go for FLR (M), do they give visa for 5 years?
Yes you can apply for FLR (FP) which doesn't need financial requirements and its a 10 year route on its own. FLR (M) duration is 2.5 years (30 months). Since your wife joined you in 2009. You need to calculate whether you will get enough duration which will get your wife to complete 10 years in 2019. She will then apply on 10 years basis on her own (if that category exists at that time). This is the quickest route for your Mrs to get ILR.

infodigger
Newly Registered

Post by infodigger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:04 am

thanks Aarsal385
much appreciated,
your answer has really helped me understand the matter.
i'll go for FLR(M) as this 2.5 years visa will take take my wife's duration to 10 years (7.5+2.5)

ffjr414
Mood:

Post by ffjr414 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi

Immigration History:
Came to UK as student 06.10.2006
then got PSW 03.04.2012
current visa Tier1 entrepreneur expire will be 27.03.2016
Wife came dependent 08.04.2011 (5 years & 6 months at my ILR)
i got a daughter 3 years old. born on 03-10-2012.

my question is :-

1. when i will be apply for ILR is their any business document needed?
2. what type of visa my wife need to apply ?
3. and after i got the ILR can i able to apply for my daughter british passport?

Thanks in advance.

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello Everyone
By the grace of Almighty God I rec'd my PP after long 4 yrs along with ILR card yes'day, big relief. My full details is in page 1101. HO didn't send my wife's visa yet. Thanks everyone of this forum. :D

Please need advice for our uk born 1 yr old daughter, she doesn't have any PP at all. Know a little bit that she is entitled for Brit PP. Please advice me-

1. which form &
2. What documents

I need to send???

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
T

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:56 pm

HI

WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF SOME ONE LET ME KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS/CONDITIONS NEEDED FOR FLR M(DEPENDENT) AND MN1(UK BORN CHILD) APPLICANT WHEN CONSIDERING MAIN APPLICANT 10 YEARS BASED ILR..

REALLY APPRECIATE

OMAR