ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dep refusal - Administrative review - Urgent Help!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

everfor

Tier 1 Dep refusal - Administrative review - Urgent Help!!

Post by everfor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Today i got my wife tier 1 dep refusal letter, stating the 90 day consecutive one of bank statement is not submitted, received only from 10 jun 10 - 17 Aug, suppose to be 19 May to 17 Aug (Can't recall whether i missed it). In the letter and they have giving logical 2 options
1. Making a fresh immigration applicaiton within 14 day with Adminstrative review wavier form
2. Apply for Administrative review (Through online, pay £80 and apply for administrative review). If you think there has been a case working error

They have told in the letter, existing BRP card will be destroyed. And also they haven't stated about returning the original passport and marriage certificate. Will they return us?

Can you apply adminstrative review option by submitting the requested bank statement for 10 jun - 17 Aug ? Will they accept it? Please advise?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Dep refusal - Administrative review - Urgent Help

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:27 pm

everfor wrote:Today i got my wife tier 1 dep refusal letter, stating the 90 day consecutive one of bank statement is not submitted, received only from 10 jun 10 - 17 Aug, suppose to be 19 May to 17 Aug (Can't recall whether i missed it). In the letter and they have giving logical 2 options
1. Making a fresh immigration applicaiton within 14 day with Adminstrative review wavier form
2. Apply for Administrative review (Through online, pay £80 and apply for administrative review). If you think there has been a case working error

They have told in the letter, existing BRP card will be destroyed. And also they haven't stated about returning the original passport and marriage certificate. Will they return us?

Can you apply adminstrative review option by submitting the requested bank statement for 10 jun - 17 Aug ? Will they accept it? Please advise?
Hi,

I am not an expert but please see.

Do you have a copy of all documents submitted to HO. If yes then did you find the document claimed to be missed by HO. No new documents can be submitted now. The review is based on documents already submitted. So you must be sure if you included it in your pack if you are going for AR.

So if you have submitted it and can prove that then you may also go for JR if AR is not in your favour. Alternatively may get out of country appeal (please confirm if you get that) or send a new application. within 14 days or just after AR refusal (within 28 days)

Seniors can advise as well

everfor

Post by everfor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. My mistake I haven't taken xerox documents which i have submitted. But i have soft copy of covering letter in my computer stated enclosed three months bank statement..

In the appeal of administrative review can i making the below statement

"I can't recall whether i have missed the bank statement or missed in the transit. so resubmitting the 3 months bank statement"

Another big part which concerned me, they haven't send back me original document i.e passport, marriage certificate etc. Will they returned us? Already my wife is expired on sep 1st week.

If document not received, can i apply for fresh application stating old Case number and document onhold in home office? Is fresh application can be appiled with POI (using preminum service centre) instead through post?

Please advise..

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:07 pm

everfor wrote:Thanks for the reply. My mistake I haven't taken xerox documents which i have submitted. But i have soft copy of covering letter in my computer stated enclosed three months bank statement..

"I can't recall whether i have missed the bank statement or missed in the transit. so resubmitting the 3 months bank statement"

Another big part which concerned me, they haven't send back me original document i.e passport, marriage certificate etc. Will they returned us? Already my wife is expired on sep 1st week.

If document not received, can i apply for fresh application stating old Case number and document onhold in home office? Is fresh application can be applied with POI (using preminum service centre) instead through post?

Hi,

If you use your current statement "I can't recall whether i have missed the bank statement or missed in the transit. so resubmitting the 3 months bank statement" This might make your case weak. So I would advise seek professional help.

Actually There are a couple of past instances which showed that they may apply evidential flexibility if a page of statement from the sequence is missed. But they are not obliged to do that and this practice is quite debatable (practically these days they don't ask and in most cases simply refuse application).

They wont send original document and Passport back if visa is expired.

In past when there is such refusal then applicant may get a right of appeal and in response HO sends you a respondent bundle which gives you a copy of all of the documents you have originally submitted. That still me not include any of your covering letter or any supplemental computation sheets. But I am not sure in case of AR they will send any of these. So within time frame of filing AR it is very difficult to get your own set copy from HO.

If you submit all documents again I am not sure they will accept it as these may be counted as a new evidence (based on their allegation that you missed some) unless you could prove otherwise.

So in absence of your proof that you submitted all three will leave you options of filing a new application or go for Judicial review if you are sure. In that case you may get a HO bundle copy.

Seek professional help, as a good solicitor may advise you in a better way.

I think you can use premium service within that time frame. as it allows you in your HO letter. Finding a booking is based on availibility

Regards,

Please advise..

everfor

Post by everfor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:05 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
everfor wrote:Thanks for the reply. My mistake I haven't taken xerox documents which i have submitted. But i have soft copy of covering letter in my computer stated enclosed three months bank statement..

If document not received, can i apply for fresh application stating old Case number and document onhold in home office? Is fresh application can be applied with POI (using preminum service centre) instead through post?

Hi,

If you use your current statement "I can't recall whether i have missed the bank statement or missed in the transit. so resubmitting the 3 months bank statement" This might make your case weak. So I would advise seek professional help.

Actually There are a couple of past instances which showed that they may apply evidential flexibility if a page of statement from the sequence is missed. But they are not obliged to do that and this practice is quite debatable (practically these days they don't ask and in most cases simply refuse application).

In past when there is such refusal then applicant may get a right of appeal and in response HO sends you a respondent bundle which gives you a copy of all of the documents you have originally submitted. That still me not include any of your covering letter or any supplemental computation sheets. But I am not sure in case of AR they will send any of these. So within time frame of filing AR it is very difficult to get your own set copy from HO.

If you submit all documents again I am not sure they will accept it as these may be counted as a new evidence (based on their allegation that you missed some) unless you could prove otherwise.

So in absence of your proof that you submitted all three will leave you options of filing a new application or go for Judicial review if you are sure. In that case you may get a HO bundle copy.

I think you can use premium service within that time frame. as it allows you in your HO letter. Finding a booking is based on availibility

Regards,

Please advise..

Thanks for reply..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_0415.pdf
Point No :7
If you have submitted:
•A sequence of documents, and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (for
example, if one bank statement from a series is missing);
•A document in the wrong format;
•A document that is a copy and not an original document.
we may contact you or your representative in writing, and request the correct documents

Found something, based on above pbs policy guide paragraph 7 of below statement, i would like to apply the administrative review stating, as HO haven't given the opportunity to submit the missing statement and i will submit missing evidence.

What's your thought, will they consider above point in the AR? Guru's .. Please advise..

Any idea, how to submit the missing evidence in AR?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:40 pm

everfor wrote:
naveediiqbal wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Please advise..

Thanks for reply..

If you have submitted:
•A sequence of documents, and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (for
we may contact you or your representative in writing, and request the correct documents

Found something, based on above pbs policy guide paragraph 7 of below statement, i would like to apply the administrative review stating, as HO haven't given the opportunity to submit the missing statement and i will submit missing evidence.

What's your thought, will they consider above point in the AR? Guru's .. Please advise..

Any idea, how to submit the missing evidence in AR?
Hi,

in similar cases the Judges had put remarks that "the evidential flexibility process instruction was not designed to give an applicant the opportunity first to remedy any defect or inadequacy in the application or supporting documentation so as to save the application from refusal after consideration. It was to be noted that requests for information were not to be speculative and that there had to be sufficient reasons to believe the evidence existed. Accordingly, the Secretary of State was under no obligation to afford any of the appellants such a chance to supplement any documentation supplied before refusing their applications. "

Under a famous case law Manish Mandalia (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent) Case ID: UKSC 2014/0059

Mandalia is from India. He entered the UK on a student visa in 2009. When he applied for further leave to remain as a student in February 2012 he was required by the relevant Immigration Rules to accompany his application with bank statements covering a 28-day period that demonstrated a minimum continuous balance of £5,400.

The bank statements he supplied with his application showed a credit balance in excess of £11,000 throughout. However, Mandalia made a mistake and provided statements covering only a 22-day period from 29 December 2011 to 19 January 2012. He complained that the Home Office did not apply its “evidential flexibility” policy to him. Upper Tribunal Judge Martin did not deal with any evidential flexibility policy arguments. Under the policy Mandalia would have had a chance to correct his mistake before his application was refused and a decision to remove him was made.

The case was heard in supreme court but no decision is yet announced. so untill we have a new ruling this point only may not go in your favor if you can prove that you have sent the bank statements to them.

Again, I am not an expert here so Seek some professional guidance.

Have you consulted one yet?

Regards,

everfor

Post by everfor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks Naveediiqbal.. I got above information from professional lawyer, he saying based on policy point 7, will lodge for Administrative review.. Not sure whether i have to take this route or not?

Throw me some light, as i haven't received any original doc's from HO. If i take the POE appointment in cardiff(Earliest date available), with new application and with new set of bank statements with HO case letter. whether PEO case officeer give approval decision on same day or they have send to HO office again for verification. And how long it's take them to send us the original doc's i.e passport etc ? please advise..

everfor

Post by everfor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:40 am

Thanks for reply..

If you have submitted:

Any idea, how to submit the missing evidence in AR?[/quote]

Hi,

in similar cases the Judges had put remarks that "the evidential flexibility process instruction was not designed to give an applicant the opportunity first to remedy any defect or inadequacy in the application or supporting documentation so as to save the application from refusal after consideration. It was to be noted that requests for information were not to be speculative and that there had to be sufficient reasons to believe the evidence existed. Accordingly, the Secretary of State was under no obligation to afford any of the appellants such a chance to supplement any documentation supplied before refusing their applications. "

Under a famous case law Manish Mandalia (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent) Case ID: UKSC 2014/0059

Mandalia is from India. He entered the UK on a student visa in 2009. When he applied for further leave to remain as a student in February 2012 he was required by the relevant Immigration Rules to accompany his application with bank statements covering a 28-day period that demonstrated a minimum continuous balance of £5,400.

The bank statements he supplied with his application showed a credit balance in excess of £11,000 throughout. However, Mandalia made a mistake and provided statements covering only a 22-day period from 29 December 2011 to 19 January 2012. He complained that the Home Office did not apply its “evidential flexibility” policy to him. Upper Tribunal Judge Martin did not deal with any evidential flexibility policy arguments. Under the policy Mandalia would have had a chance to correct his mistake before his application was refused and a decision to remove him was made.

The case was heard in supreme court but no decision is yet announced. so untill we have a new ruling this point only may not go in your favor if you can prove that you have sent the bank statements to them.

Again, I am not an expert here so Seek some professional guidance.

Have you consulted one yet?

Regards,[/quote]

Thanks Naveedl.. I got above information from professional lawyer, he saying based on policy point 7, will lodge for Administrative review.. Not sure whether i have to take this route or not?

Throw me some light, as i haven't received any original doc's from HO. If i take the POE appointment in cardiff(Earliest date available), with new application and with new set of bank statements with HO case letter. whether PEO case officeer give approval decision on same day or they have send to HO office again for verification. And how long it's take them to send us the original doc's i.e passport etc ? please advise..

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi

I would also recommend going for Admin review. But in mean time keep ready document for new application in case if AR is not successful.

Take care.

everfor

Post by everfor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:04 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:Hi

I would also recommend going for Admin review. But in mean time keep ready document for new application in case if AR is not successful.

Take care.

Thanks Naveed.Any idea in online Admin review, will it allow to upload the missing evidence? or We have post complete form after £80 payment is done along with evidence?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:11 pm

everfor wrote:
naveediiqbal wrote:Hi

Take care.

Thanks Naveed.Any idea in online Admin review, will it allow to upload the missing evidence? or We have post complete form after £80 payment is done along with evidence?
Hi Mate,

I never used this facility so not have a single clue. But I hope someone in forum may help you.

Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.