ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA with no right to work-married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

88bashi88
Newly Registered

COA with no right to work-married

Post by 88bashi88 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Hello everyone, please I need some advice with my eea2 application, my eea2 application was received by home office on 28th August and the payment was made on 1th September, today i got the biometric letter together with the COA and the COA letter is with no right to work although I applied as married to EU partner however here is what they wrote me in the COA letter : at this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. this will depend on the outcome of the application. this is because you have not provided original documentation for all of the following: current valid identity documents for you sponsor. I couldnt send my wife's original passport or id card as she is going soon to her home country to renew her documentation but i have attached a certified copy of her passport certified by the embassy in London. at this point I don't know what to do as i really need the COA with right to work for my employer. my wife will go and be back to London by the end of September with her new documentation, should I wait till then and send original ID card with a letter asking for new COA with right to work ? need advice please. thank you in advance !

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: COA with no right to work-married

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Caseworker is correct because either original national ID card or passport of eu national requires for the validation of application which yield COA with right to work. It is to fish out those applying without the consent/knowledge of eu partners. Best is to send them either original passport/ID and then ask for new COA allowing you to work.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

88bashi88
Newly Registered

Post by 88bashi88 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:34 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:Caseworker is correct because either original national ID card or passport of eu national requires for the validation of application which yield COA with right to work. It is to fish out those applying without the consent/knowledge of eu partners. Best is to send them either original passport/ID and then ask for new COA allowing you to work.
thank you very much for your reply.

i think we did a mistake not sending original id/passport to home office!

i am going to send them original document after around 20 days, i am afraid it will be too late ?
also they wrote in the letter , We will not revisit the terms of your certificate of application during the consideration of your case.
what do you think ?
we are really worried!

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:16 pm

88bashi88 wrote: i am going to send them original document after around 20 days, i am afraid it will be too late ?
also they wrote in the letter , We will not revisit the terms of your certificate of application during the consideration of your case.
what do you think ?
we are really worried!
Hi bashi, if they wrote that (red text above) in your coa letter, they most likely would do as they say.
But alternative is withdraw this application and then re-apply with complete documents.

88bashi88
Newly Registered

Post by 88bashi88 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

hi nina ,

yeah i think that is the best option.

i will keep updating about my case,

cheers mate.

noypi30
Newly Registered

Post by noypi30 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi everyone.

I am in a really stressful situation, at my own fault. We applied and everything but we didn't send them our original passports. I am a non-eea national and my husband is Romanian. I got the CoA and biometrix letter months ago and did the biometrix right away. I am just so worried that my application will be refused since I didn't send our passports. Very stupid on our part.

I don't know what else there is to do for us. I am here in the UK on a visit-marriage visa which is already expired. But I read somewhere that as long as I am waiting for my application results I can stay here in the UK. I just wonder if there is any way for us to send our original passports or will it be too late since we applied early October :(

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm

If you have send the original there's nothing to worried about. He will work on it at his own time.
The caseworker was right to issued you COA without right to work.
What that message mean was they will not change your COA unless you do the right thing with the original ID
If you're really desperate to work, just withdraw your application and re submit.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Wise wrote:If you have send the original there's nothing to worried about. He will work on it at his own time.
The caseworker was right to issued you COA without right to work.
What that message mean was they will not change your COA unless you do the right thing with the original ID
If you're really desperate to work, just withdraw your application and re submit.

Hi Wise, Did you have the same case? I have also sent my passport when I got a note together with the Biometrics that they cannot issue my right of Work as I have not provided the Original Passport. I was just wondering, will they reissue that COA if you provided a new document because they always say that no matter what new information you send they will not alter their previous COA ( revisit the terms o f teh COA).

Jayson