ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

d3thmark

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by d3thmark » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Update : Varied FLR FP to ILR

MY FLR FP application fees got refunded today 15th sep by Cheque.
IHS Fees Refunded on 8th Sep
ILR Granted on 5th Sep
Varied FLR fp to Set LR on 13th Aug @ PEO Sheffield

Everything is sorted out now ..Thanks again everyone!
Shukar Alhamdulillah!

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:57 pm

kolaxy wrote:Hi Quickreply,

I replied your PM as soon as I got it but unfortunately it's stuck in my outbox waiting to be sent. It's well bro.
Thanks kolaxy, you are such nice Pearson .

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi all

I wonder if someone can advise please? We applied for a family visa just before the new rules in July 2012. We still had three months visa when we made the application. Application was refused in 2013 with a right of appeal, we have been on the appeal since then until this year when we finally won the appeal at the UT and the waiting time for HO to challenge the decision has passed.

My husband has been in the country since 2004 and last year was his 10th year anniversary. Basically he has been here legally for 11 years now plus the time on 3c 3d. During the time we were waiting for the case to be listed for a hearing at the UT, he made an ILR application in January this year and this was rejected in March, with the reason that he can’t make an application while appeal is on-going. Please note that application fee was refunded.

Now that we have won the appeal, can he now apply for his ILR on long residence route? We just feel that the family visa is worthless, if he is going to get the ILR as soon as he gets it. It is also not efficient for the HO anyway, but I doubt they will see it from that view.

Can someone advice please?

Many thanks in advance.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:28 pm

[quote="priscaltony"]Hi all

I wonder if someone can advise please? We applied for a family visa just before the new rules in July 2012. We still had three months visa when we made the application. Application was refused in 2013 with a right of appeal, we have been on the appeal since then until this year when we finally won the appeal at the UT and the waiting time for HO to challenge the decision has passed.

My husband has been in the country since 2004 and last year was his 10th year anniversary. Basically he has been here legally for 11 years now plus the time on 3c 3d. During the time we were waiting for the case to be listed for a hearing at the UT, he made an ILR application in January this year and this was rejected in March, with the reason that he can’t make an application while appeal is on-going. Please note that application fee was refunded.

Now that we have won the appeal, can he now apply for his ILR on long residence route? We just feel that the family visa is worthless, if he is going to get the ILR as soon as he gets it. It is also not efficient for the HO anyway, but I doubt they will see it from that view.

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

Now that your husband has won the appeal, I think he's qualified to apply for ILR on 10 years basis. Home office was right to reject the ILR application as a case was pending in court at the time. But now, I think he can reapply as he won the appeal.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you at Kolaxy. The long residence application was a gamble actually, we kind of 80% know that they would reject it.

We will give it until the end of the month and then he will go for one on one appointment for its ILR.
kolaxy wrote:
priscaltony wrote:Hi all

Many thanks in advance.
Now that your husband has won the appeal, I think he's qualified to apply for ILR on 10 years basis. Home office was right to reject the ILR application as a case was pending in court at the time. But now, I think he can reapply as he won the appeal.

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 pm

whoes name was cheque written your or your solicitor ?
did they posted the cheque to you or your solicitor ?

I am in a similar situation, I haven't received my refund yet

many thanks

d3thmark wrote:Update : Varied FLR FP to ILR

ILR Granted on 5th Sep

Shukar Alhamdulillah!

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 am

Hi members & experts,

I am on Teir 1 HSMP Now and will be applying throught the 10year long stay route
My Income is not the same as my previous application i.e. Teir 1 Application & Extension,
I Used my Salary + Self employed before, but now my salary is redused,
hence i was appliying through 10 year route and not 5year Teir 1 route,
Will they still check my income / taxes & will they refuse if my income is not at par.

I need some expert advice here.Thanks in advance :)

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Any Good news today on set LR Postal application?

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:18 pm

priscaltony wrote:Thank you at Kolaxy. The long residence application was a gamble actually, we kind of 80% knew that they would reject it.

We will give it until the end of the month and then he will go for one on one appointment for his ILR.
kolaxy wrote:
priscaltony wrote:Hi all

Many thanks in advance.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:29 pm

[quote="Quickreply"]Any Good news today on set LR Postal application?[/quote]

Hi Quickreply. I'm hoping and expecting to celebrate with you and others before this Friday by God's Grace. By the way, I got my Biometric card today.

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:24 pm

hammad14 wrote:
aloo wrote:Hu guys , i really need advice
I d been in interview about toeic which was takes in 2011 , but now how long does the process take after interview ? Anyone been through ?
Thank you
Hi aloo,
There are actually few people who have had their interviews recently and waiting for their decision, i have mine in a week time, when have you had yours and when have you applied for ILR?

thanks
HI Hammad
Please could you share some information about the members that you know had interviews
have they been asked any other questions about previous studies or anything, or is it just about english and Liuk that's all??? i will appreciate it brother

Many Thanks

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:35 pm

december15 wrote:Dear K4
Thanks for sharing info, I am in same situation, if you kindly reply me, need some information.
Thanks in advance.

december15
K4 wrote:Hi Hammad14. Xam, Sumonnub2003

I had my interview yesterday it was all about toeic

the person was very polite who conducted the interview they asked

Where did you took your exam? (name of center, address)
What was the date?
How much you paid?
How did you pay? cash or card
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?
How many people were there?
What was the pattern of the exam?

it was long time ago so I remembered vague details but he looked satisfied. I think they are checking your credibility, confidence as well as if you are telling the truth. Keep your answers short and sweet don't justify yourself as they are not accusing of anything or they will go suspicious. Best of luck to all of us and pray to God everything turns out in our favor.

Hammad you said it's all over where did you heard that?
Hi K4
could you please email me the details of interview on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i will appreciate it my brother thanks

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi,every one just check my wife Royal Mail tracking finally status changed to on its way I hope it's good news I ll let forum know tomorrow as soon as I recieved the delivery .please every one pray for her ,applied SET (LR) 31/07/2015,Bio Done- 15/08/2015.thx

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:38 am

Dec17 wrote:Hi,every one just check my wife Royal Mail tracking finally status changed to on its way I hope it's good news I ll let forum know tomorrow as soon as I recieved the delivery .please every one pray for her ,applied SET (LR) 31/07/2015,Bio Done- 15/08/2015.thx
Hi Dec17,
How did you got Royal Mail tracking number ?
Wish you all the best.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 am

Quickreply wrote:
Dec17 wrote:Hi,every one just check my wife Royal Mail tracking finally status changed to on its way I hope it's good news I ll let forum know tomorrow as soon as I recieved the delivery .please every one pray for her ,applied SET (LR) 31/07/2015,Bio Done- 15/08/2015.thx
Hi Dec17,
How did you got Royal Mail tracking number ?
Wish you all the best.
Hi mate we send the pr paid envolape with the application . Still waiting for the post man .good luck to you .hope you get yours soon .

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi , every one by the god grace my wife ILR aproved ,we got the aproval today .waiting for the BRP now ,thx every one ,good luck to every one who is waiting aproval date :16/09/2015,we send the pr paid envolpe .lots happen to my family this year .thx god.

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Dec17 wrote:Hi , every one by the god grace my wife ILR aproved ,we got the aproval today .waiting for the BRP now ,thx every one ,good luck to every one who is waiting aproval date :16/09/2015,we send the pr paid envolpe .lots happen to my family this year .thx god.
Congratulation!!!

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:26 am

batley12 wrote:Hi members & experts,

I am on Teir 1 HSMP Now and will be applying throught the 10year long stay route
My Income is not the same as my previous application i.e. Teir 1 Application & Extension,
Will they still check my income / taxes & will they refuse if my income is not at par.

Hi Guys,

Any advice, what should i do?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:24 am

batley12 wrote:

Hi Guys,

There is no income requirement for 10 year ILR route. However, you need to make sure that your previous tax liabilities are in order.

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
batley12 wrote:

Hi Guys,

There is no income requirement for 10 year ILR route. However, you need to make sure that your previous tax liabilities are in order.
Thank you Arsal385

munna007

Post by munna007 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Hello Guys,
Its time to Share Good news with you,Me and my wife ILR (10 years) has been approved today at Croydon Premium service, I have been silent observer at this forum and it helped me alot. I hope this good news would be encouraging for those applying for their ILR on 10 years route

My 10 years=3 years Student+1 year IGS+1 year PSW+2 years Tier 1 general+ 3 years Tier 1 extension
My wife 10 years= She has been my dependent from the 1st entry clearance till the last visa

I submitted SET LR application
1.Covering Letter
2.Application Form
3. Premium Payment Sheet
4. MBA Degree
5. Life in UK certificate

My wife SET LR application
1.Covering Letter
2.Application Form
3. Premium Payment Sheet
4. Trinity College B1 English certificate
5. Life in UK certificate

It just took 2.30 hour from the time I entered HO and went out.
Thanks everyone and best of luck

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Hey .. well i applied by my self not by any lawyer. Cheque came on my name even though my application fees was paid by my cousin bank cheaque and my correspondence address was of my cousin. So refunded cheque and brp card arrived at my cousin address.. in cover letter i asked home office to return IHS and Application Fees.

ILR10YEARBASIS wrote:whoes name was cheque written your or your solicitor ?
did they posted the cheque to you or your solicitor ?

I am in a similar situation, I haven't received my refund yet

many thanks

d3thmark wrote:Update : Varied FLR FP to ILR

ILR Granted on 5th Sep

Shukar Alhamdulillah!

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Everyone,

A technical query,
My friend and his wife came to UK Together,
his wife was on dependant vissa all along,
they are both completing 10 years in the UK in December,
Can she apply for ILR before he does when they qualify.
Or does she have to wait for her husband to be granted ILR first,

Many Thanks :)

rao_27
Newly Registered

Post by rao_27 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi everyone

hope someone can help me

My application was rejected because of a gap.
My solicitor appealed against the decision and now my hearing is on 12th oct 2015. ( total 11 years)

I came UK on 11th oct 2004 on student visa. I extended my visas without any trouble but in 2009 i had a problem.

My student visa was expiring on 2nd of june 2009 but i applied renewal on 9th june 2009(7 days late), got refused that visa and i had no right of appeal. Then I applied PSW in Sept 2009 and got it in nov 2009.

Last year i applied 10 year long residence and refused HO says you have a gap of 174 days.

My wife is doing phD in university and her course will end in 2018 and is on student visa.

so guys what are the chances of my appeal and on which ground my barrister should go in court.

Regards

Qwa
Newly Registered

Post by Qwa » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:45 am

Hello....!!!!

I got my ILR throught 10Y long residence route.

I applied through PEO Glasgow on 19/09/2015 (I live and work in scotland)

First entry to UK 09/2005
09/2005 to 05/2009 - Student
05/2009 to 04/2011 - PSW
04/2011 to 07/2016 - Tier 1 General
(this year i completed 10Y residence in UK)

Documents Submitted,

Application
Payment sheet
Cover letter
All passports
Current BRP
LIUK test pass certificate
UK Degree certificate

Additional Documents

Birth Certificate
Employment letter
Pay slips
P60

Entry to the PEO 7:45 am (Security check)
Payment details check 7:55am
Application submission with all supporting documents 8:05am
Biometric details submission 8:15am
Application approved and return of documents 8:45am

it took only 1 hour for everything.
i had no refusals/overstays no gaps beyong the limits.

Hope this details would help somebody....!!!!

Good luck for everyone....!!!

Thanks