ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No surname to enter - online dependent visa application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

justdopposite

No surname to enter - online dependent visa application

Post by justdopposite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am

Dear all,

I'm in the process of applying online for my wife's dependent visa . My wife does not have a surname in her passport, her name has only one word which is in the 'given name' (eg. Prithvi)

The problem is that the 'Surname' field has been made mandatory in the online application and I cannot proceed to the next page without filling it in.

Will it be ok if I enter 'N/A' for 'surname' and proceed with the application ? Kindly advice.

note: names on our marriage certificate are the same as per passport

many thanks in advance

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: No surname to enter - online dependent visa application

Post by bruteforce » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm

justdopposite wrote:Dear all,

I'm in the process of applying online for my wife's dependent visa . My wife does not have a surname in her passport, her name has only one word which is in the 'given name' (eg. Prithvi)

The problem is that the 'Surname' field has been made mandatory in the online application and I cannot proceed to the next page without filling it in.

Will it be ok if I enter 'N/A' for 'surname' and proceed with the application ? Kindly advice.

many thanks in advance
How about trying putting her sole name as a surname? Have you tried that? BTW why there is either no surname or first name.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi there, I have entered her given name in the appropriate field on the online form. For the surname field, I have put N/A but I'm not sure if this will be accepted. Should i enter 'None' for surname, instead ?

kindly help. Thanks

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

could anyone please look at this issue.

The applicant is having a blank surname in her passport. and I'm not sure what to fill in when they ask for surname in the online form.

Only a given name is shown in the passport.

many thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:35 am

justdopposite wrote:could anyone please look at this issue.

The applicant is having a blank surname in her passport. and I'm not sure what to fill in when they ask for surname in the online form.

Only a given name is shown in the passport.

many thanks
Why are you back with same question again? You can either follow the above advise or if still in doubt seek professional advise and I think that wont cost you a lot.

binz
Newly Registered

Post by binz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 am

bruteforce wrote:

many thanks in advance
How about trying putting her sole name as a surname? Have you tried that? BTW why there is either no surname or first name.
Hi ,
I am having same issues , can you please let me know how to sort this out ?

binz
Newly Registered

Post by binz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 am

many thanks in advance

Hi ,
Just saw your post , I am having same issues , passport has surname field "blank".
How did you manage to sort yours , I can't fill up online form , when I am trying to leave surname blank it won't allow me to go to next page.
Can you please advise.

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

This post is old, but I had a similar issue with my wifes passport.

I had put '-' in the surname field.

Visa was granted by the high commission in Chennai.

In the receipt her name was 'firstname' 'firstname'

However on the visa her name was only 'firstname'

She recently came to the UK, and there were no issues in immigration etc, except that the Indian immigration authority suggested that I include my name in my wife's passport - and surely this is an important thing to do, as it is much more correct...

Regards,

HarMall
Newly Registered

Post by HarMall » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

I am in same situation where i don't have surname/family name in my passport. I just called up customer service and they mentioned to add given name(s) in both fields and provide the additional information about blank surname in passport.

Name as in passport:
Given name(s) : abc xyz
Surname : <blank>

Visa form:
Surname : abc xyz

Is the above information valid? Has anyone been in this situation recently?

abhisk2
Newly Registered

Post by abhisk2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:44 pm

HarMall wrote:I am in same situation where i don't have surname/family name in my passport. I just called up customer service and they mentioned to add given name(s) in both fields and provide the additional information about blank surname in passport.

Name as in passport:

Visa form:
Surname : abc xyz

Is the above information valid? Has anyone been in this situation recently?

I am in the same situation as mentioned above , My passport does not have any surname

Name as in passport:
Given name(s) : Rajeev Singh

What i need to fill in the VAF9 Form , Please also let me know what happen to your visa "HarMall", have you got the UK Visa Successfully by entering given name in both the option (Given Name and Family Name)

Visa form:
Given name(s) : Rajeev Singh
Surname : Rajeev Singh

I would appreciate if some one can guide me on this ?