ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Worried....I need advise Asap !!! (PR)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rokey123
Newly Registered

Very Worried....I need advise Asap !!! (PR)

Post by rokey123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi, wonderful people
Quick History
I am non-eu national to married to a German national for 5years now.
before i got my RC i submitted all my document but now Im due for Permanent card yet my issue holds on his divorce certificate thus my Husband was married before and we submitted his original Divorce certificate as part of the process during my (RC) but unfortunately we currently cant find the original Divorce cert but we have a photocopy which we got it certified (In his home country where his marriage took place. Ghana) and also a letter stating is the true copy of the original. But we still worried :( and unsure if this is prove enough. What you suggest we do...Thank you in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Very Worried....I need advise Asap !!! (PR)

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Why you are interested in sending the divorce certificate of previous marriage since your current relationship/marriage has already been accepted at RC stage? Therefore, it will be unnecessary for PR application.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

rokey123
Newly Registered

Post by rokey123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:06 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Why you are interested in sending the divorce certificate of previous marriage since your current relationship/marriage has already been accepted at RC stage? Therefore, it will be unnecessary for PR application.

Thank you so much your reply....but On the new eea4 (PR) application they are asking if my husband has been married before if so i should provide details.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:52 pm

That question on the form should be answered accordingly but I still don't think that is there any need of attaching divorce certificate of previous marriage. Because your relationship/marriage has already been recognized and RC is its confirmation.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:41 pm

sheraz7 wrote:That question on the form should be answered accordingly but I still don't think that is there any need of attaching divorce certificate of previous marriage. Because your relationship/marriage has already been recognized and RC is its confirmation.
That is a logical deduction, that the application must succeed, as it was previously accepted.

However the application does not always supports that, as It always request those evidence to be produced.

You can always tell them that it is lost.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rokey123
Newly Registered

Post by rokey123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:29 pm

So please that this mean we shoudnt attach the photocopy of the document ? or we should and then explain to them the original is missing ?

Thank you for the rapid response which are been given.

rokey123
Newly Registered

Post by rokey123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Obie wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:That question on the form should be answered accordingly but I still don't think that is there any need of attaching divorce certificate of previous marriage. Because your relationship/marriage has already been recognized and RC is its confirmation.
That is a logical deduction, that the application must succeed, as it was previously accepted.

However the application does not always supports that, as It always request those evidence to be produced.

You can always tell them that it is lost.

So please that this mean we shoudnt attach the photocopy of the document ? or we should and then explain to them the original is missing ?

Thank you for the rapid response which are been given.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 pm

rokey123 wrote:... but unfortunately we currently cant find the original Divorce cert but we have a photocopy which we got it certified (In his home country where his marriage took place. Ghana) and also a letter stating is the true copy of the original. But we still worried :( and unsure if this is prove enough. What you suggest we do...Thank you in advance.
According to laws of Ghana all divorces are recorded in the official register.
In that case you should be able to obtain another official copy of the divorce paper (if one is really required).

See: http://www.refworld.org/pdfid/548edd8f4.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rokey123
Newly Registered

Post by rokey123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 pm

noajthan wrote:
rokey123 wrote:... but unfortunately we currently cant find the original Divorce cert but we have a photocopy which we got it certified (In his home country where his marriage took place. Ghana) and also a letter stating is the true copy of the original. But we still worried :( and unsure if this is prove enough. What you suggest we do...Thank you in advance.
According to laws of Ghana all divorces are recorded in the official register.
In that case you should be able to obtain another official copy of the divorce paper (if one is really required).

See: http://www.refworld.org/pdfid/548edd8f4.pdf
Thanks nojthan i read through...

Yes we tried to reach the office no responds (it was such a hustle since the marriage was done in different town and in the customary way and although there was a registration at the circuit court) we only came as far on getting only the photocopies stamp as certified and letter confirming they have an original.

Just dont know if this alright to use the photocopies and should inform them we couldnt find the original or we just shouldnt send any of it.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:44 am

rokey123 wrote:...

Yes we tried to reach the office no responds (it was such a hustle since the marriage was done in different town and in the customary way and although there was a registration at the circuit court) we only came as far on getting only the photocopies stamp as certified and letter confirming they have an original.

Just dont know if this alright to use the photocopies and should inform them we couldnt find the original or we just shouldnt send any of it.
Well I see it's Q11.24 you are talking about.

In the form it says documents to be provided as supporting evidence include:
evidence that any previous marriage or civil partnership has legally ended – e.g. divorce
certificate
The requirement to see a divorce certificate is given as an example (eg).

I suggest what you have is hopefully adequate - you say you have a copy of a divorce certificate or register entry plus a letter certifying authenticity.
If that is how it is done in Ghana then that is your evidence to submit.

You could explain (in a brief cover letter) that HO previously retained or 'lost' the original in a previous application for RC (if that is what happened - I think that's what you said).

Clearly you have married so some legal authorities (including HO) have already accepted the previous divorce & the fact that both parties were single & free to marry (as you must have been!).

If HO really do query this one document then you will have to make efforts to get another official copy in the future. But it seems unlikely to be necessary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rokey123
Newly Registered

Post by rokey123 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:07 am

noajthan wrote:
rokey123 wrote:...

Well I see it's Q11.24 you are talking about.

In the form it says documents to be provided as supporting evidence include:
evidence that any previous marriage or civil partnership has legally ended – e.g. divorce
certificate
The requirement to see a divorce certificate is given as an example (eg).

I suggest what you have is hopefully adequate - you say you have a copy of a divorce certificate or register entry plus a letter certifying authenticity.
If that is how it is done in Ghana then that is your evidence to submit.

You could explain (in a brief cover letter) that HO previously retained or 'lost' the original in a previous application for RC (if that is what happened - I think that's what you said).

Clearly you have married so some legal authorities (including HO) have already accepted the previous divorce & the fact that both parties were single & free to marry (as you must have been!).

If HO really do query this one document then you will have to make efforts to get another official copy in the future. But it seems unlikely to be necessary.

Thank you nojthan I will do as said and hope it would be enough for the HO to accept.