ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting proof of address to open bank account?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deeppurple
Newly Registered

Getting proof of address to open bank account?

Post by deeppurple » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 am

I'm an EU citizen and frequent traveler to UK. I wish to open a basic current account at UK bank account. I have read somewhere that if you have some relative/friend living in UK, it is possible to add your name on some of their utility bill. Is it true? Can this be done?

And will that be sufficient to get the bank account?

noajthan

Re: Getting proof of address to open bank account?

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 am

deeppurple wrote:I'm an EU citizen and frequent traveler to UK. I wish to open a basic current account at UK bank account. I have read somewhere that if you have some relative/friend living in UK, it is possible to add your name on some of their utility bill. Is it true? Can this be done?

And will that be sufficient to get the bank account?
Doubtful.

See https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... k-accounts
&
http://www.litrg.org.uk/tax-guides/migr ... ount#prove

If from EU why not open an account with a bank from your country that may have branches in UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.