ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bura

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by bura » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 pm

would be grateful if somebody who already has recieved citizenship certificate that whether it also states your title or just name. My approval letter only says my name but letter from council typed wrong title "Mr" against my name.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

bura wrote:would be grateful if somebody who already has recieved citizenship certificate that whether it also states your title or just name. My approval letter only says my name but letter from council typed wrong title "Mr" against my name.
There was no title on my approval letter just name was there same as on naturalization certificate. No title on both.

bura

Post by bura » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 pm

tulip11 wrote:
bura wrote:would be grateful if somebody who already has recieved citizenship certificate that whether it also states your title or just name. My approval letter only says my name but letter from council typed wrong title "Mr" against my name.
There was no title on my approval letter just name was there same as on naturalization certificate. No title on both.
Thanks a lot @tulip11 you have always been helpful to everyone

bura

Post by bura » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:33 pm

@tulip11 have the HO sent back your Life in the UK certificate with the approval letter?

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:37 pm

bura wrote:@tulip11 have the HO sent back your Life in the UK certificate with the approval letter?
Nope they dont send you back. They keep it.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:38 pm

bura wrote:
tulip11 wrote:
Thanks a lot @tulip11 you have always been helpful to everyone
Mention not. Its my pleasure to help out lil bit if I can :) Best of luck :)

jackflash

Post by jackflash » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:32 pm

wparacha wrote:
jackflash wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Jackflash thanks for ur encouraging post...
Insha Allah our turn will come soon
At the moment im under tremendous stress and cant help it ... Im feeling helpless and distress every passing day is putting massive weight on me... Loosing hope now but dont knw if i have any other option but to wait for the verdict , just cant wait for this process to be over now...
Paracha bro as far as i know there was no hmrc , dvla or any other issue... But u cant predict what these people have on their mind or what checks they carry out to process an application, good luck
Hope someone will be kind enough to answer my questions from previous post. Thanks

I hear you brother. As far as I'm concerned there are no additional checks to those mentioned on the application form...HMRC will just be to confirm your employment status and that you have not broken any tax laws...I don't think they do credit checks as many people would not get through lol.
Anyway brother the whole of last couple of weeks I have been feeling like you are feeling right now and even started preparing my mind for a rejection and then suddenly something happened when I didn't expect it.
I pray yours comes through this week cause this wait is painful!!
What do you mean by tax law Jackflash, please can you elaborate a bit.
Also will HO be concerned with the ILR earning deceleration vs tax return filled for that period to HMRC?
Paying your taxes...this mainly applies to the self employed. If you are in other employment you pay PAYE so it's not a problem.

izmile

Post by izmile » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:11 am

I think self employed applications are delayed. I am one of them. Lets see what happens.

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 am

izmile wrote:I think self employed applications are delayed. I am one of them. Lets see what happens.
It seems like HO is now looking into all previous years for tax payments.
and I think that's why it is taking long for the applications.
I am now a bit too worried.
I hope to hear the good news soon.
Good Luck everyone from March.

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Post by ketanvora » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:47 am

izmile wrote:You got company.. I am also waiting..
I'm still waiting as well...31st march application date via NCS....5 years + 1 year ILR....no news whatsoever so far

olinka0306

Post by olinka0306 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 am

ketanvora wrote:
I'm still waiting as well...31st march application date via NCS....5 years + 1 year ILR....no news whatsoever so far
where you on tier 1 for 5 years? i cant believe how many May applicants are getting approved!

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Post by ketanvora » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:46 am

olinka0306 wrote:
ketanvora wrote:
where you on tier 1 for 5 years? i cant believe how many May applicants are getting approved!
Initial year or so, I was on Tier 2, changed to Tier 1 (with one extension as well) in the remaining 4 years...

Nash82

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 am

Quick Question

How long does it take the Invitation letter to arrive after the approval? My Approval date is 8th Sept and I still have not received the invitation letter. Please suggest.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 am

Get in touch with your local council. They should be able to advise [hope the mail isnt lost and you've missed it] or book the date. There should be a number on the letter from HO.

Fingers cross for you.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

nogzy
Newly Registered

Post by nogzy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi All,
I have been following this forum and I think it's brilliant.

I have a question and please I will be happy if I can get as many answers or replies.
I received a letter from HO on the 11.09.2015 (dated 08.09.2015) asking for my old passport to cover the period from June, 2010 to February, 2014 (to demonstrate specifically that I meet the resident requirements for naturalization). Deadline to send it to them was the 30.09.2015.
Passport was sent to HO on the 12.09.2015 (by royal mail special delivery) and received on the 14.09.2015 (royal mail tracking).

What does this mean?
Has anyone received a similar letter?
Will it take long before I get an approval?
Please is there anybody with similar experience who has gotten an approval?

My timeline is below and my wife who applied the same day with me has gotten her approval letter on the 18.09.2015

Eligibility criteria: 5 yr + 1yr ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree and Life in the UK test.
Current nationality: Nigerian
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): Royal Mail Next Day Delivery - special delivery
Date of application: 08/June/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/June/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/June/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 18/June/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 19/June/2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 22/June/2015
Date original documents received: 15.July.2015 - was requested back.
Date approval received: Waiting ???
Date of ceremony invitation: Waiting ???
Date of ceremony: Waiting ???

Nash82

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:23 pm

[quote="rakeysh.patel"]Get in touch with your local council. They should be able to advise [hope the mail isnt lost and you've missed it] or book the date. There should be a number on the letter from HO.

Fingers cross for you.[/quote

Called the Council and they have said that they cannot book me for the ceremony until unless I receive an invitation letter from HO. Approval letter says that Invitation letter should arrive in 14 days. These HO case workers are useless and good for nothing. Any one having the same issues ?

Nash82

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm

nogzy wrote:Hi All,
I have been following this forum and I think it's brilliant.

I have a question and please I will be happy if I can get as many answers or replies.
I received a letter from HO on the 11.09.2015 (dated 08.09.2015) asking for my old passport to cover the period from June, 2010 to February, 2014 (to demonstrate specifically that I meet the resident requirements for naturalization). Deadline to send it to them was the 30.09.2015.
Passport was sent to HO on the 12.09.2015 (by royal mail special delivery) and received on the 14.09.2015 (royal mail tracking).

What does this mean?
Has anyone received a similar letter?
Will it take long before I get an approval?
Please is there anybody with similar experience who has gotten an approval?

My timeline is below and my wife who applied the same day with me has gotten her approval letter on the 18.09.2015

Eligibility criteria: 5 yr + 1yr ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree and Life in the UK test.
Current nationality: Nigerian
Method of application (NCS/Postal/Solicitor etc): Royal Mail Next Day Delivery - special delivery
Date of application: 08/June/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/June/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/June/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 18/June/2015
Date of receipt by Biometric info: 19/June/2015
Date of Submission of Biometric info: 22/June/2015
Date original documents received: 15.July.2015 - was requested back.
Date approval received: Waiting ???
Date of ceremony invitation: Waiting ???
Date of ceremony: Waiting ???
They need to check your entry and exit dates from the UK in order to verify that U were in UK at the mentioned time. Once they verify that U will receive your approval letter. I received the same letter from HO to send old passport for residence requirements. My old passport was lost so I sent the bank statements, GP letters and police report for the loss of passport etc. I received my approval 2 weeks after that. So you will receive your approval within 2 weeks mate.

nogzy
Newly Registered

Post by nogzy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks Nash and thank God I kept my old passport. Can't wait to get my approval.

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Nash82 wrote:
Abuzaid wrote:Alhamdolillah the long awaited famous "brown envelope " has finally reached.....got my approval today. :D :D :D
My timeline is as:

Application category : Tier 1 + ILR
Application type: NCS Redbridge
Date of application: 27/03/15
Acknowledgment: 15/04/15
Approval: 19/09/15 (Dated 15/09/15)
Ceremony: Yet to book

I found this forum very cooperative, helpful and informative. I wish all the best to all march applicants who are still waiting for their approvals.
Thank you Nash and sorry for the late reply. I'm resident of newham council and my council doesn't send invitations to the applicants, the applicant is supposed to contact the council for ceremony booking!!!! In your case better to call ur council and confirm it from them..

Congrats mate.

I am still waiting for my invitation letter. Any idea how long does it take to arrive?

Nash82

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Abuzaid wrote:
Nash82 wrote:
Abuzaid wrote:Alhamdolillah the long awaited famous "brown envelope " has finally reached.....got my approval today. :D :D :D
My timeline is as:

I found this forum very cooperative, helpful and informative. I wish all the best to all march applicants who are still waiting for their approvals.
Thank you Nash and sorry for the late reply. I'm resident of newham council and my council doesn't send invitations to the applicants, the applicant is supposed to contact the council for ceremony booking!!!! In your case better to call ur council and confirm it from them..

Congrats mate.

I am still waiting for my invitation letter. Any idea how long does it take to arrive?

Already called council and they have said that I cannot book the ceremony until unless I have my invitation letter from HO. On my approval letter it say that I have to for an invitation letter in order to book a ceremony. Well I am going to email HO regarding this issue.

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:55 pm

jackflash wrote:
My timeline is as:

I found this forum very cooperative, helpful and informative. I wish all the best to all march applicants who are still waiting for their approvals.[/quote

Congrats bro...I was also following your progress here! You and I had exactly the same timeline!! Very happy for you
Thank you jackflash and sorry for the late reply.....you're right we had exactly the same timeline all the way to our approval letters.....many many congratulations bro

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:56 pm

tulip11 wrote:
My timeline is as:

yaay congratulations :)
Many thanks tulip....you're the star of this forum, always there to help out guys!!!

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Another development on my timeline guys...booked the ceremony for 20/10/15

All the best to those still waiting for their approval letters!!!!hopefully will get soon.

My timeline is as:

Applied: 27/03/15
Acknowledged:19/04/15 (dated 15/04/15)
Approved:19/09/15 (dated 15/09/15)
Ceremony: 20/10/15

saffa2015

Post by saffa2015 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi all

It appears some sharing rights on the original tracking document have changed, which has made it difficult/impossible for people to access. I've therefore made a copy, which is open to edit. Happy sharing:

Good luck to everyone.

SuperTinka
Newly Registered

Post by SuperTinka » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Guys,
Applied: 30 March 2015

I received brown envelope today. I have have been asked to submit "original awarding certificates for qualifications in self assessment and new self assessment summary".
But it also states that there is annex with this letter listing down documents you submitted in support of your application and DO NOT send them back.
Annex is standard INFORMATION SHEET for KOLL and it lists all the documents which they do not need to see.
But list of documents they asked in the letter are also there in this annex.

Could you please help what shall be done in this case?
Also, please let me know if Life in UK pass notifications was submitted in Original via NCS for you guys.
There is no need of it again but if it is send in original, was it kept by HO or sent back with approval?