ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications processing faster than others

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carrick
Newly Registered

Citizenship Applications processing faster than others

Post by carrick » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi All,

Can someone advise why ILR applications seem to move along quite quickly and others don't? I have submitted a straight forward UKM and it was received by the HO (signed for by HO from Royal Mail) on 19/08/15 and to date nothing else has happened. However, other people's timelines for ILR have submitted the same time as me and have gotten their bio-metric letter and now awaiting approval!

I have right of abode and no criminal record, all the original documents and evidence, I know it's supposed to take 6 months, but I would love to know why some are faster than others??

Carrick :cry:
Last edited by vinny on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title topic changed to reflect correct question

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: ILR Applications processing faster than others

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:25 pm

carrick wrote:Hi All,

Can someone advise why ILR applications seem to move along quite quickly and others don't? I have submitted a straight forward UKM and it was received by the HO (signed for by HO from Royal Mail) on 19/08/15 and to date nothing else has happened. However, other people's timelines for ILR have submitted the same time as me and have gotten their bio-metric letter and now awaiting approval!

I have right of abode and no criminal record, all the original documents and evidence, I know it's supposed to take 6 months, but I would love to know why some are faster than others??

Wrong place mate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:35 am

I am sure you mean citizenship and not ILR?? :roll:

UKM does take a bit of time as the historic records through which you are claiming will need to be checked and verified. My mother waited roughly 4 months from submission to decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 am

CR001 wrote:

I am sure you mean citizenship and not ILR?? :roll:

UKM does take a bit of time as the historic records through which you are claiming will need to be checked and verified. My mother waited roughly 4 months from submission to decision.
Yes you are right, I did mean citizenship. Thanks for your reply and information!

Cloverbea

Post by Cloverbea » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:43 am

This was just a thought I had today... We applied for hubby to have his BC via UKM on September 1.... I'm wondering if the "fee" being taken is a good sign due to the fact that it isn't a standard application fee, but the actual ceremony fee, meaning you are approved and that it may take longer for that to come through due to the fact checking?? We've applied from the US, and it looks as if everything is moving lots faster now, hopefully these UKMs will as well!!!

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:46 am

Cloverbea wrote:This was just a thought I had today... We applied for hubby to have his BC via UKM on September 1.... I'm wondering if the "fee" being taken is a good sign due to the fact that it isn't a standard application fee, but the actual ceremony fee, meaning you are approved and that it may take longer for that to come through due to the fact checking?? We've applied from the US, and it looks as if everything is moving lots faster now, hopefully these UKMs will as well!!!

I'm not sure, but the fee is taken and not refundable even if you are declined. I think my fee was taken today as well. My credit card balance has gone down! Fingers crossed.

sylime
Newly Registered

Post by sylime » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi - I am applying (from Australia) for BC through UKM and I sent my things away on April 24 (it arrived in the UK on May 7) - I am still waiting for approval (I've had the right of abode before). I didn't get to do my biometrics until August (the form they sent first had the wrong salutation on it). I just hope that it doesn't take too much longer.
Good luck to my fellow UKM applicants :D

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:20 am

sylime wrote:Hi - I am applying (from Australia) for BC through UKM and I sent my things away on April 24 (it arrived in the UK on May 7) - I am still waiting for approval (I've had the right of abode before). I didn't get to do my biometrics until August (the form they sent first had the wrong salutation on it). I just hope that it doesn't take too much longer.
Good luck to my fellow UKM applicants :D

Keep us posted on your progress. UKM from Australia applications are not that common! I am still waiting for the Biometric letter to arrive. Where did you go to get them done? Also did they say how long it takes for them to send it to the UK after you have had them done?

Cheers
Carrick

sylime
Newly Registered

Post by sylime » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:22 am

carrick wrote:

Keep us posted on your progress. UKM from Australia applications are not that common! I am still waiting for the Biometric letter to arrive. Where did you go to get them done? Also did they say how long it takes for them to send it to the UK after you have had them done?

Cheers
Carrick
I got my biometrics done in Sydney - the girl just said to me to get in contact with them to see how long it will be now. I didn't bother - I didn't know who to contact or even if they would reply. She said it was all in the computer (the biometrics) straight away though.
I hope your biometrics letter arrives soon. I got all my passports etc back when I got the biometrics letter. I was surprised, but I read someone else who was doing UKM had the same thing happen.

sylime
Newly Registered

Post by sylime » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:11 am

sylime wrote:
carrick wrote:

Cheers
Carrick
I got my biometrics done in Sydney - the girl just said to me to get in contact with them to see how long it will be now. I didn't bother - I didn't know who to contact or even if they would reply. She said it was all in the computer (the biometrics) straight away though.
I hope your biometrics letter arrives soon. I got all my passports etc back when I got the biometrics letter. I was surprised, but I read someone else who was doing UKM had the same thing happen.
Sorry - I should have said that I got my biometrics done at the British Visa Application centre in Sydney and it didn't cost me any money (I see people are having to pay if they are in the UK).

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 am

sylime wrote:
sylime wrote:
carrick wrote:

Cheers
Carrick
Sorry - I should have said that I got my biometrics done at the British Visa Application centre in Sydney and it didn't cost me any money (I see people are having to pay if they are in the UK).
Great! Thanks for the information. Nice to know it won't cost anything!! Lets hope you get your approval and then invitation to the ceremony very soon!

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship Applications processing faster than others

Post by saanju9 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Can someone advise why ILR applications seem to move along quite quickly and others don't?
Welcome to Her Majesty's Services timeline discrepancies

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Applications processing faster than others

Post by mikeg333 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 pm

I applied using UKM (received by HO on April 14th 2015). Most all applications using UKM are taking at least 5 months and are told 6 is the standard. I'm on month 5 still waiting...