ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jazz7
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by Jazz7 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:03 am

Congrats guys who all have received their ILR now.

I got a call from HO on saturday last week that my ILR is confirmed now (hopefully that means its approved!) and they are sending my original documents back. I opted to get these by post. Can someone pls update on the following in case you have already experienced it...

- Which postal service HO uses for sending back original documents and BRP card?
- In case nobody is at home then how they contact you i.e. missed card or email etc?
- How much time norally it takes to get this delivered?

Thanks guys.

Jazz7
Newly Registered

Post by Jazz7 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 am

hi all,

i have received my ILR now. It took around 3 weeks for me to get everything back.

oshak
Newly Registered

Post by oshak » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 pm

HB1 wrote:Glad to hear! Nice when people update! What did u think your aditional checks were?

Did u get the letter recorded delivery?

How long were you told at the appointment as we have still not heard and we have been waiting just two weeks although told 1 week to get docs back! x

I'm not sure what the additional checks were to be honest. I suspect its to do with the tax i pay on my salary though. And yes, the letter was through recorded delivery

oshak
Newly Registered

Post by oshak » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:56 pm

never wrote:
oshak wrote:Hi All,

Got a letter today that my Indefinite Leave has been approved. Its gonna be 4wks tomorrow that i applied in PEO Liverpool and i was told they need to do further checks. I'm so happy.

hi

do you know what kind of checks HO have done any idea i m also self employed and all the tax paid

Hi Never, unfortunately, they didnt say what kind of checks were carried out.

never

Post by never » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:05 pm

oshak wrote:
never wrote:
oshak wrote:Hi All,

Got a letter today that my Indefinite Leave has been approved. Its gonna be 4wks tomorrow that i applied in PEO Liverpool and i was told they need to do further checks. I'm so happy.

hi

do you know what kind of checks HO have done any idea i m also self employed and all the tax paid

Hi Never, unfortunately, they didnt say what kind of checks were carried out.

if u paid full tax then nothing to worry about they hv checked all my documents because all the documents they have put new staples pins
so its means they have verified all my documents all my history as well

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 pm

After waiting for 4 months I thought I should ask If someone else is also waiting for more than 4 months.

We applied for ILR 3 +2 at Croydon on 21st April 2015. After waiting for hours the case worker handed me a letter stating additional checks required.

I really don't any see any reason for holding my application that long, as I am a full time employee for 5 years.

Is there anyone waiting to hear from HO as well ?

www.london
Newly Registered

Post by www.london » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am a silent reader of this forum. I have applied my ILR under Tier 1 General rules. I applied on 10th August @ PSC Croydon, I am fully employed also i have my own small business, I have already submitted my payslips along with accountant letter and divident vouchers + company's P&L accounts, Business's corporation tax returns etc.

After wait of 3 hrs case worker called me an asked to provide business bank statements for past 12 months which i was not carrying hence she asked me to go to bank and ask them to print it (which normally banks refused). Case worker said she wanted to see if i am paying anything to HMRC. which i told her not yet as i have recently filed my tax return and i have grace period of 9 months in which i have pay my corporation tax. She was little puzzled then she asked me wait agian but given an indication that they will give me a letter today to provide addition documents also she said she is going to consult to her senior. About another one hour she came back with letter asked to send additional documents in post i.e. business bank statement, past 3 years tax returns and past 5 years of employment history confirmation from HMRC.

Now i applied my extension application in 2012. it was also based on employement and running my own business which was successfull however at the end of 2012 and start of 2013 i stopped my all business activity due to extra family responsibilies and winded up my business as i was sole person who was running everything.

I paid all of my due taxes to HMRC, cleared my other liabilities and asked company's house to dissolve my previous business which was successfully dissolved on 1st quarter of 2013. As business was closed so i distroyed all of the paperwork including bank statements etc.

Now my accountant said he cannot access any information on his side on HMRC website as business was dissolved and all of the liabilities were cleared.

I called HMRC and they said the same however one of their kind officer send a written confirmation that my previous business does not have any outstanding corporation tax matters due.

I have already send all documents UKVi has asked me including my previous 5 years employement history + confirmation from HMRC that all of my previous taxes were paid plus comfirmation from companies house as well. I wrote a cover letter and explain that i did not had any other business activity from end of 2012 till mid of 2014.

My question is that what are my chances and these days how long they are taking to reply if they asked for an addiiton documents. It was PEO application and i was asked to send documents on PEO address.

i assume it should be quick as i paid premium fee?

any thoughts?

www.london
Newly Registered

Post by www.london » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 am

www.london wrote:Hi,

I am a silent reader of this forum. I have applied my ILR under Tier 1 General rules. I applied on 10th August @ PSC Croydon, I am fully employed also i have my own small business, I have already submitted my payslips along with accountant letter and divident vouchers + company's P&L accounts, Business's corporation tax returns etc.

After wait of 3 hrs case worker called me an asked to provide business bank statements for past 12 months which i was not carrying hence she asked me to go to bank and ask them to print it (which normally banks refused). Case worker said she wanted to see if i am paying anything to HMRC. which i told her not yet as i have recently filed my tax return and i have grace period of 9 months in which i have pay my corporation tax. She was little puzzled then she asked me wait agian but given an indication that they will give me a letter today to provide addition documents also she said she is going to consult to her senior. About another one hour she came back with letter asked to send additional documents in post i.e. business bank statement, past 3 years tax returns and past 5 years of employment history confirmation from HMRC.

Now i applied my extension application in 2012. it was also based on employement and running my own business which was successfull however at the end of 2012 and start of 2013 i stopped my all business activity due to extra family responsibilies and winded up my business as i was sole person who was running everything.

I paid all of my due taxes to HMRC, cleared my other liabilities and asked company's house to dissolve my previous business which was successfully dissolved on 1st quarter of 2013. As business was closed so i distroyed all of the paperwork including bank statements etc.

Now my accountant said he cannot access any information on his side on HMRC website as business was dissolved and all of the liabilities were cleared.

I called HMRC and they said the same however one of their kind officer send a written confirmation that my previous business does not have any outstanding corporation tax matters due.

I have already send all documents UKVi has asked me including my previous 5 years employement history + confirmation from HMRC that all of my previous taxes were paid plus comfirmation from companies house as well. I wrote a cover letter and explain that i did not had any other business activity from end of 2012 till mid of 2014.

My question is that what are my chances and these days how long they are taking to reply if they asked for an addiiton documents. It was PEO application and i was asked to send documents on PEO address.

i assume it should be quick as i paid premium fee?

any thoughts?
i have my ILR granted, Received documents and BRP yesterday.

mohdharis
Newly Registered

Post by mohdharis » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:11 am

Hello guys! I am new to this group and have read the success stories here. I would appreciate your opinion abt my application. I am on tier 1 entrepreneur and my ten years completed this August so I booked an appointment for 3rd August in Birmingham. I submitted all the documents including my current pp with my application form apart from my previous passports which were lost at HO during my last application when I was given Tier1 visa. Anyway, after 2 hours I was called at the counter and the ECO acknowledged that she couldn't assess my absences during 10 years and I must provide attendance sheets from all educational institutions I had attended since my arrival and also employers letter confirming my employment with them(please bear in mind i submitted all the payslips and P60 at the time of the application on top of that all original HOME OFFICE, BRP letters etc) well long story short i managed to get the letters confirming my educational and employment history here and sent it to them along with college lecture schedule,bank statements etc. n they received it on 17th August 2015 n since then I have been on my toes cause I haven't heard from them.. Does anyone have any idea if HO is obliged to deal deferred premium service applications in any particular time frame.. I shall appreciate your thoughts. Ty

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:35 pm

masif wrote:After waiting for 4 months I thought I should ask If someone else is also waiting for more than 4 months.

We applied for ILR 3 +2 at Croydon on 21st April 2015. After waiting for hours the case worker handed me a letter stating additional checks required.

I really don't any see any reason for holding my application that long, as I am a full time employee for 5 years.

Is there anyone waiting to hear from HO as well ?
Hello there,

We have been waiting for over months now as well. If I am not wrong their SLA to decide on applications is 6 months i guess.

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:07 am

Finally we received our documents today with the approval letter.

Applied for ILR 3+2 with 1 dependant on 21April 2015 on Croydon PSC , Further checks required letter was given after 3 hours.

Today we received our documents with Approval letted dated on 04/09/2015.
almost took 4months and 20 days

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:04 pm

masif wrote:Finally we received our documents today with the approval letter.

Applied for ILR 3+2 with 1 dependant on 21April 2015 on Croydon PSC , Further checks required letter was given after 3 hours.

Hearty Congratulations masif. Thats really great news!

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:20 pm

jollyjolly wrote:

Thank you, i hope u will get the decision soon

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 am

masif wrote:
jollyjolly wrote:

Thank you, i hope u will get the decision soon
Thanks, this long wait is horrible!

flyingmachine
Newly Registered

Post by flyingmachine » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Even my decision was put on hold by case worker.

I have applied for ILR on Sept 10th at Shieffield peo. I am a directory of my own limited company. submitted payslips and dividend vouchers. along with that submitted all business statements. corp tax payments and also SA302's but still put on pending.

Letter said:
Your application is valid. But we need to do further checks on your tax payments with hmrc. ....etc

Please do you guys any ides. Please help me?

-Flying machine.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:46 pm

flyingmachine wrote:Even my decision was put on hold by case worker.

I have applied for ILR on Sept 10th at Shieffield peo. I am a directory of my own limited company. submitted payslips and dividend vouchers. along with that submitted all business statements. corp tax payments and also SA302's but still put on pending.

Letter said:
Your application is valid. But we need to do further checks on your tax payments with hmrc. ....etc

-Flying machine.
These days they throughly check applications of self employed applicants and on minor issues they defer applications. Did they call u for interview/questions? Do u have any tax discrepancies ? Was corporation tax and company profit declared to home office and hmrc matches ? Ever had any tax related issues in the past?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:07 am

crimson76 wrote:
flyingmachine wrote:Even my decision was put on hold by case worker.

Letter said:

-Flying machine.
These days they throughly check applications of self employed applicants and on minor issues they defer applications. Did they call u for interview/questions? Do u have any tax discrepancies ? Was corporation tax and company profit declared to home office and hmrc matches ? Ever had any tax related issues in the past?
Don't scare people, on this forum I've read many members which are cautious about tax and got approval without any question asked, but on the other hand there are people who have been in all sort of trouble with or without tax issues. So it depends on your luck and the case worker.

flyingmachine
Newly Registered

Post by flyingmachine » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 am

They did not mention anything about interview
I have paid all corp taxes . no discrepancies.
But my self assessment tax was zero or very less. because of dividends tax credit I get.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:01 pm

flyingmachine wrote:They did not mention anything about interview
But my self assessment tax was zero or very less. because of dividends tax credit I get.
Low or no tax in self assessment b cos of dividend tax credits could not be a reason for deferring application . Most company directors do not pay any tax at the time of self assessment if their dividend income is less than 32000 and salary income is around 7600. Probably it is all on the discretion and whim and fancy of case worker. Let them do their checks. I am sure u will get your visa after they get confirmation from hmrc.
Did they ask any questions at the time of interview?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:08 pm

flyingmachine wrote:They did not mention anything about interview
What proofs of the the payment of corporation tax did u submit with your application ?

flyingmachine
Newly Registered

Post by flyingmachine » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 pm

He asked me proof for my tax liabilities , he needs to confirm with hmrc about my last 5 years tax returns. I asked him to refer my SA302's for those details. He still not convinced and said he wants to check with hmrc.

I attahced corp tax payment acnolodgment letter from hmc.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:04 pm

flyingmachine wrote:He asked me proof for my tax liabilities , he needs to confirm with hmrc about my last 5 years tax returns. I asked him to refer my SA302's for those details. He still not convinced and said he wants to check with hmrc.

I attahced corp tax payment acnolodgment letter from hmc.
Don't worry. U will get ilr soon. Did u submit tax return acknowledgement letter or corp tax payment acknowledgment letter? Usually hmrc does not send any payment acknowledgement letters. Did u call hmrc to get that letter or you submitted print outs from hmrc online account?

SAK15
Newly Registered

Post by SAK15 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Same issue with everybody, if someone pays extra fees, then he has to get the pain of wait and see with tension. I am diabetic and since waiting for this since more than 4 weeks, even she (Case worker) said (after 3 hour on the same day) i will call you tomorrow or maximum day after as you have paid for premium service and you will get it.
anybody having an idea how much time they can take.? limited company asked about previous papers was submitted and she was satisfied.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:05 pm

SAK15 wrote:Same issue with everybody, if someone pays extra fees, then he has to get the pain of wait and see with tension. I am diabetic and since waiting for this since more than 4 weeks, even she (Case worker) said (after 3 hour on the same day) i will call you tomorrow or maximum day after as you have paid for premium service and you will get it.
anybody having an idea how much time they can take.? limited company asked about previous papers was submitted and she was satisfied.
whats your being diabetic has anything to do with it ..?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Not me again wrote:
SAK15 wrote:Same issue with everybody, if someone pays extra fees, then he has to get the pain of wait and see with tension. I am diabetic and since waiting for this since more than 4 weeks, even she (Case worker) said (after 3 hour on the same day) i will call you tomorrow or maximum day after as you have paid for premium service and you will get it.
whats your being diabetic has anything to do with it
op is sharing with the forum what he is going through and how stressful it is. Let's show some sensitivity. It is not a good idea to make fun of other people's health issues, Diabetes in this case.