ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please answer -SS Family Permit and Income

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

tastylentils

Please answer -SS Family Permit and Income

Post by tastylentils » Sat May 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello Guys, I'd be really grateful if you could answer a question regarding income. This relates to me a British citizen bringing my non-eu wife on a family permit. All along I've been thinking that I had a good chance in my application until today. I read somewhere that there will be an expectation of a high income and application will fail without proof of this. Have I read correctly?

My work contract states i earn somewhere around 18,500 euros though i do get bonuses on top of that. When I read today that it wouldn't be enough to satisfy and that my application would fail i felt sick to death and devoid of hope. I'd be grateful for your input

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please answer -SS Family Permit and Income

Post by CR001 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Which country are you currently working in and for how long?

Where is your partner, with you or in home country?

The financial requirement you mention is related to UK Immigration spouse visa. If you are in the EU exercising treaty rights and looking at using the Surinder Singh route to come back to the UK with an EEA Family Permit for your partner, the financial requirement is not relevant to this route and not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon May 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Presumably you have been working in an EEA country whilst living with your wife there for a number of months, and your question is asking about whether the level of income earnt in that country qualifies for you to count as having moved your "centre of life" to that country? (if you are referring to UK income of a job open for you when you return to the UK, this is irrelevant for EEA Family Permits).

I don't know of any restrictions on income earnt abroad level to qualify (what have you seen that suggests otherwise?). I would have thought that anything earnt above the national minimum wage in that country, if there is a minimum wage, should qualify you as an EU worker. What's important is how long you were employed abroad (whether or not you wife was employed is irrelevant). If it's at least 6 months at 16 hours a week or more then this definitely counts. If it's less, then this may well count, but probably not if for less than 3 months. The exact criteria that the UK now impose are a bit subjective unfortunately.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon May 25, 2015 10:20 pm

tastylentils wrote: I read somewhere that there will be an expectation of a high income and application will fail without proof of this. Have I read correctly?
Where did you read this? Can you post a link? If you read this in a gossip magazine, then can you scan and post.

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 pm

tastylentils wrote:Hello Guys, I'd be really grateful if you could answer a question regarding income. This relates to me a British citizen bringing my non-eu wife on a family permit. All along I've been thinking that I had a good chance in my application until today. I read somewhere that there will be an expectation of a high income and application will fail without proof of this. Have I read correctly?

My work contract states i earn somewhere around 18,500 euros though i do get bonuses on top of that. When I read today that it wouldn't be enough to satisfy and that my application would fail i felt sick to death and devoid of hope. I'd be grateful for your input
hi
ARE YOU STILL IN CORK?
I NEED PLACE TO LIVE IN CORK

logical_1

Post by logical_1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:20 am

I remember reading one of the posts where a person was refused a FP because the income earned was less than 150GBP per week. Perhaps,the Home Office is applying the "Minimum Earning Threshold for EEA workers" to SS applicants.
Now, whether they should apply this to SS applicants is another question?Maybe someone could shed light on this?
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?