ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£200,000 spent question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dandan08
Newly Registered

£200,000 spent question

Post by dandan08 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi mates, I am going to apply for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa. Now I have a question about the £200,000 spending. Please help if you can. Thank you very much.

If I present a business plan which is about importing/exporting business, and I get the 3-year visa. Then I invest the £200,000 to some other business, which is totally different from my plan, e.g. IT. The new business creates the required number of jobs for required period of time. Will the change of business cause problem for my 2nd visa application(2 years) in 3 years?

Thank you.

toghraee
Iran

Re: £200,000 spent question

Post by toghraee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:59 pm

you establish any business even if it is different from the one you proposed in business plan.
I did the same also.

just remember that you need to establish a company in UK within 6 months of your visa granted

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 pm

@ dandan08, you are allowed to change your business activity at anytime you want as long as you follow the rules and also keep records of all existing business activities together with the new activity.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

dandan08
Newly Registered

Post by dandan08 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 pm

toghraee wrote:you establish any business even if it is different from the one you proposed in business plan.
I did the same also.

just remember that you need to establish a company in UK within 6 months of your visa granted
Thank you mate

dandan08
Newly Registered

Post by dandan08 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ dandan08, you are allowed to change your business activity at anytime you want as long as you follow the rules and also keep records of all existing business activities together with the new activity.
Thank you very much.

dandan08
Newly Registered

T1 Entrepreneur application

Post by dandan08 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Hi Friends,

I am still considering if I shall apply for this T1E visa or not. This is because of my project. I have talked to some agency guys and some of them told me that I have little chance to get the visa if I apply with this project. I will describe my project here and can you please give me some advice? Thank you very much.

I will apply out of UK(in China). My company was established in China 3 years ago. It is a small company with only 2 people, most of jobs were outsourced like accounting, etc. My main business is very traditional, exporting mechanical products from China to the UK. I have only one UK customer, which I have been working with for 3 years. The annual sale is between GBP50,000 to 100,000. Regarding the local policies, I have to export products through a 3rd party agency, so it will be difficult to show the sales numbers from my own company account. But I can ask my UK customer to send a letter to prove the sales. I intend to establish an office in the UK, which will make it easier for me to reach my customer. Plus this will help to expand my business in EU. And I have an UK account with required money for over 3 month already.

The above includes the basic situation about my project. But someone told me that my idea is lack of innovation. So I will have little chance to get the visa. I was told that you are more professional so I would like to have some idea from yours. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

dd156
BANNED

Re: T1 Entrepreneur application

Post by dd156 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:04 am

I don't think anyone here would be able to say what is innovation according to the Home Office.
However, a positive is that you are already running a business and have relevant experience.

dandan08
Newly Registered

Re: T1 Entrepreneur application

Post by dandan08 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:39 am

dd156 wrote:I don't think anyone here would be able to say what is innovation according to the Home Office.
However, a positive is that you are already running a business and have relevant experience.
Thank you for your reply. I still doubt how much chance I have to get the visa

dandan08
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application

Post by dandan08 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:10 am

Dear friends,

I have a question about applying for T1 entrepreneur visa. I am in a complex situation. Can you please give me some advise.

My wife has presented the application for T1E visa (application presented in the UK). And she is still waiting for the response from Home Office. Meanwhile due to the development of my business, I need to set up an office in the UK. So I plan to apply for T1E visa as well (different project from my wife's, applying from China). Is that a problem if I present my application before my wife gets the decision from Home Office? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Ian