ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeee123

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by zeee123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Well well well, there's another twist in the long wait as it continues past 6months. Have just gone over 6 months and today I received a letter saying it wasn't possible for us to decide ur application in standard 6 months and they have given another time limit of 3 months in which to decide the app. Aparently there's some change in the policy which could effect my application (weird) so it might be before 29th December or if not they will write to me again. I applied 30th March 3015 tier 1 + 1 yr ILR. Self employed.... Now I'm guessing but failing to predict what could it be that's holding it back for them to make required checks. Huh! Unbelievably vague response after 6 months that went by counting days and cursing post man.
Well that's my story so far.

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Any early March applicants still waiting?

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 pm

The.Watcher wrote:Any early March applicants still waiting?
I am here 15/03. Still nothing.

saffa2015

Post by saffa2015 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:30 pm

wparacha wrote:
Has HO been in touch with a reason for the delay and/or have you contacted them at all? Would be interested in the feedback.

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 pm

saffa2015 wrote:
wparacha wrote:
Has HO been in touch with a reason for the delay and/or have you contacted them at all? Would be interested in the feedback.
Not at all. I emailed them but no reply, I also wrote a letter and waiting for the reply.

izmile

Post by izmile » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:21 pm

zeee123 wrote:Well well well, there's another twist in the long wait as it continues past 6months. Have just gone over 6 months and today I received a letter saying it wasn't possible for us to decide ur application in standard 6 months and they have given another time limit of 3 months in which to decide the app. Aparently there's some change in the policy which could effect my application (weird) so it might be before 29th December or if not they will write to me again. I applied 30th March 3015 tier 1 + 1 yr ILR. Self employed.... Now I'm guessing but failing to predict what could it be that's holding it back for them to make required checks. Huh! Unbelievably vague response after 6 months that went by counting days and cursing post man.
This make me worried!.. I am in the exact same situation.. Applied on 30/Mar/15... Self employed!...

Now, I expect to receive a letter like yours.

mr-m
Newly Registered

Post by mr-m » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:55 pm

wparacha wrote:

am still waiting as well From 26/03/2015 :( :| :?:

Nandysl
Newly Registered

Post by Nandysl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:43 am

Good morning to everyone, yesterday I moved into my new address and as I arrived I saw my brown envelope. As I open it it says: Date 28 September 2015

Dear Mrs M....,

You aplied for citizenship in the name of L.... M.... Which is the name you have adopted following your marriage. Your certificate of naturalisation has been issued in that new name.

However, your current passport is in your former name L... S.... .

If you wish to aplly for a British passport you should note that HM Passport Office will not issue a British Passport in a name that is different to any other passport or travel document that a person hold. This is to ensure consistency with the identities in the British passport and any other passport travel documents. This means that you will need to change your foreign passport into your new name before applying for a British passport.

You should make a copy of this letter and send it to HM Passport Office with your UK passport application.

So I have been naturalised, but it doesn't say anything about ceremony I be invited to. Is this standard or do I really have to change a name in my current passport before apllying for British? Thank you for anyone help. Have a great day.

ilrhelp
Newly Registered

Post by ilrhelp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 am

Hi everyone,By the grace of god received my approval letter today (2 adults)
dated 22 sep.Applied 31st March.

Good luck to everyone who r still waiting.

gmaruf
Newly Registered

Post by gmaruf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:03 am

zeee123 wrote:Well well well, there's another twist in the long wait as it continues past 6months. Have just gone over 6 months and today I received a letter saying it wasn't possible for us to decide ur application in standard 6 months and they have given another time limit of 3 months in which to decide the app. Aparently there's some change in the policy which could effect my application (weird) so it might be before 29th December or if not they will write to me again. I applied 30th March 3015 tier 1 + 1 yr ILR. Self employed.... Now I'm guessing but failing to predict what could it be that's holding it back for them to make required checks. Huh! Unbelievably vague response after 6 months that went by counting days and cursing post man.
I have got the same letter yesterday. so frustrating. I have applied on 30th of March through NCS from Islington and money taken on 16th April. Got my notification/Acknowledgement letter by email on 17th and also they posted same acknowledgement letter probably on 22nd of April but it was dated 16th April 2015. After waiting of 6 months they have now sent me this letter and notified me that they need 3 more months which means till 29/12/15. Don't know what is gonna happen.

izmile

Post by izmile » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 am

gmaruf wrote: I have got the same letter yesterday. so frustrating. I have applied on 30th of March through NCS from Islington and money taken on 16th April. Got my notification/Acknowledgement letter by email on 17th and also they posted same acknowledgement letter probably on 22nd of April but it was dated 16th April 2015. After waiting of 6 months they have now sent me this letter and notified me that they need 3 more months which means till 29/12/15. Don't know what is gonna happen.
Are you self employed?

SuperTinka
Newly Registered

Post by SuperTinka » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am

Guys,

I also applied on 30 March. Looks like they were able to process my application in exactly 6 months timeframe.
(Not self employed).

UPDATE:

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 yr ILR
Submitted : 30-03-2015 (NCS)
Received by UKBA : 31-03-2015
Fee deducted : 10-04-2015
Acknowledgement Letter : 16-04-2015 ( Dated 09-04-2015 )
Approval Letter : 02-10-2015 (Dated 30-09-2015)
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Wish you all the best.

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:38 pm

izmile wrote:
gmaruf wrote: I have got the same letter yesterday. so frustrating. I have applied on 30th of March through NCS from Islington and money taken on 16th April. Got my notification/Acknowledgement letter by email on 17th and also they posted same acknowledgement letter probably on 22nd of April but it was dated 16th April 2015. After waiting of 6 months they have now sent me this letter and notified me that they need 3 more months which means till 29/12/15. Don't know what is gonna happen.
Are you self employed?
what reason they have mentioned on the letter in regards to the delay?

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Has anyone with self employment got approved?
Please share timeline

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:29 pm

I think that in the priority list for apps, people with ILR and tier 1 are at the bottom of the list specially ones with self employed status. But not sure why cant they check whatever they want in 6 months. It's hell lot of time to ask from any organisation any question. So may be we r in for a long wait. But I don't understand the reason on the letter as it states, "there are outstanding policy issues which need to be resolved that could effect the outcome of your case".
I have never claimed asylum, nor have I ever been subjected to any criminal prosecution or any sort of traffic offence. Also never stayed illegally. Not married a British citizen, never had any trouble with police or civil government organisations. HMRC tax affairs seems to be okay as only got ILR last year and they did check everything at that point as it took me 6-8 weeks to get the outcome of the case when applied at window.

So I'm totally bemused as to why it's taking so flipping long when at least to me it appears to be a straightforward case.

Let's see whether that letter was a generic one that's been sent out to all apps over 6months or is it specifically directed to me.

Any similar experiences pls share.

izmile

Post by izmile » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:59 pm

zeee123 wrote:"there are outstanding policy issues which need to be resolved that could effect the outcome of your case".
That is what concerns me the most... so until the policy is updated the application will be put on hold??.. This is unfair!

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:05 pm

But I don't understand and don't know what policy is pending??
Any idea what HO is referring to??

wparacha

Post by wparacha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:29 pm

izmile wrote:
zeee123 wrote:"there are outstanding policy issues which need to be resolved that could effect the outcome of your case".
That is what concerns me the most... so until the policy is updated the application will be put on hold??.. This is unfair!

I have called HO and they said someone will call back during office hours and they will try 3 times to call.

I am surely going to miss call as I will be working during office hours.

Planning to email MP tonight.

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:10 am

izmile wrote:

Applied on 31 March . Received same letter today , really worried what policy they are talking about? Or is it standard format ? I am self employed . Thanks

tyx
Newly Registered

Post by tyx » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 am

wparacha wrote:Has anyone with self employment got approved?
Please share timeline
I had a period of self-employment in the last 5 years, I don't see how this would affect anything if all the paperwork is included. Anyway it took them 6 months as I wrote above..

arKas
Newly Registered

Post by arKas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:58 am

I have also received this "outstanding policy issues" letter... I applied via NCS Islington on 01/04/15. New date is 30/12/15 (which they say they still might not meet).

Amazing!

P.S. 5yr T1G + 1yr ILR, and have been fully employed for more than 6 years. Bangladeshi nationality, US education, nothing on police record (I had it checked myself).

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:26 pm

I think this "policy issue" may be a generic response. The same one was given last year, for example:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1114068

Waitingtoolong
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingtoolong » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:39 pm

arKas wrote:I have also received this "outstanding policy issues" letter... I applied via NCS Islington on 01/04/15. New date is 30/12/15 (which they say they still might not meet).

Amazing!

P.S. 5yr T1G + 1yr ILR, and have been fully employed for more than 6 years. Bangladeshi nationality, US education, nothing on police record (I had it checked myself).
I'm just wondering what this policy could ever be. Who knows? But how can they be looking to make a decision based on a policy that's yet to be in place despite receiving the application 6 months.

I think everyone who receives such a letter should let involve their MP. Perhaps also get non-British media like the CNN involved because this is institutional and very unfair.

Waitingtoolong
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingtoolong » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:59 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Hi guys,

My husband needs to apply before Novermber 5th rule changes. Not sure what method will be the quickest to receive Citizenship.

Why is it that people are waiting 6 months? Is that standard for postal applications?

Is the NCS service quicker? If so how much does it charge and do we need to book an appointment?

Many thanks
Sorry but what rule changes are you referring to?

tyx
Newly Registered

Post by tyx » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 am

Waitingtoolong wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:Hi guys,

My husband needs to apply before Novermber 5th rule changes. Not sure what method will be the quickest to receive Citizenship.

Why is it that people are waiting 6 months? Is that standard for postal applications?

Is the NCS service quicker? If so how much does it charge and do we need to book an appointment?

Many thanks
Sorry but what rule changes are you referring to?
The language prerequisites are changing; from the 5th of November, ESOL will no longer be accepted.