ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 5 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:59 pm

You can use acknowledgement letter from FLR team that they had received your application on particular date. You can also provide the recorded delivery receipts.

uknamekumar
Newly Registered

success

Post by uknamekumar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Success Guys I just recieved my passport stamped ILR

quote="VictoriaS"]
JAJ wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:I don't think that the multiple entry work permit counts towards residency....
Why not? (just curious)
Because multiple entry work permits are specifically for those who will ony be spending up to 50 per cent of the year in the UK, and holders are threfore not considered to be habitually resident.

Victoria[/quote]

SYH
BANNED

Re: success

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:09 pm

uknamekumar wrote:Success Guys I just recieved my passport stamped ILR

quote="VictoriaS"]
JAJ wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:I don't think that the multiple entry work permit counts towards residency....
Why not? (just curious)
Because multiple entry work permits are specifically for those who will ony be spending up to 50 per cent of the year in the UK, and holders are threfore not considered to be habitually resident.

Victoria
[/quote]
Thats fantastic, it only took 2 months and they had to use discrection since it was a multiple entry work permit. Amazing. you are really lucky

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Bloody hell, didn't see that one coming - I think you've been quite lucky!

Congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

was

Re: success

Post by was » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:20 am

uknamekumar wrote:Success Guys I just recieved my passport stamped ILR

quote="VictoriaS"]
JAJ wrote:
Why not? (just curious)

Victoria
[/quote]

HI uknamekumar
congrats
i would like to know how many days did the HO take to give the decision. In my case its almost more than 5 weeks. and iam bit concerned. when icall HO they say its still under consideration.