ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year work history rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Iqbal01
Newly Registered

10 year work history rule

Post by Iqbal01 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi ,
There are so many people saying or scaremongring that when you apply for citizenship ,home office is asking for 10 year work history so if u have ever worked more than your allowed hours , they will not only refuse citizenship but also cancel ILR
DOES ANY SENIOR MEMBER HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS ?
As so many students might have gone over there allowed hours ..
Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: 10 year work history rule

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

Please see section 9.7 in this link and then gauge for yourself from this link.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

mz1101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mz1101 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Annex D does not mention anything about this under good character requirement. I dont think they will cancel ILR but might refuse naturalisation application?

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi,

Think from the other side of it what will happen if your BC is refused.

Are you going to be prosecuted as well.

Hang till death or any lethal punishment like this.

Come on guys For Gods Sake.

Stop it !!!!

Just apply and get over it.

Good luck with your BC application.

maniaji
Newly Registered

Post by maniaji » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone's application has been successful / unsuccessful because of that???

Please share

Thanks

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 am

Hi All,
I have been watching this forum and have commented several times on this forum especially on the similar topic. I must admit and would totally agree with a very good reply from fwd079. I think if you follow the link and read it through than it will be clear to everyone.

Also even if HO decide to investigate the working hours of applicant then the only source they can retrieve this information is from the employer. I have recieved my 10 years working history in a post ( i guesss it would be atleast 50+ pages) from DWP Records Retrieval Dept, it shows the following.
Name of the employeer
Start and Enddate of my employment
Earnings ( in year not montly )
Amount of tax paid in that employment.

I hope this answer your concerns.
Thanks and Regards,
Muzakhaa

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:23 pm

muzakhaa wrote:Hi All,
I have been watching this forum and have commented several times on this forum especially on the similar topic. I must admit and would totally agree with a very good reply from fwd079. I think if you follow the link and read it through than it will be clear to everyone.

Also even if HO decide to investigate the working hours of applicant then the only source they can retrieve this information is from the employer. I have recieved my 10 years working history in a post ( i guesss it would be atleast 50+ pages) from DWP Records Retrieval Dept, it shows the following.
Name of the employeer

Thanks and Regards,
Muzakhaa

Thanks for this information!

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:33 pm

muzakhaa wrote:I have recieved my 10 years working history in a post ( i guesss it would be atleast 50+ pages) from DWP Records Retrieval Dept
How and where did you apply for this?

Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 pm

I have applied using the form here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm

fielddrive wrote:I have applied using the form here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request
Have you filled in the right column (employer, from to dates) with all the dates? I don't remember all those details. :? How long did it take for the response? Finally, could you share the covering letter format please?

Sorry for so many questions.. :|

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm

ramtheconqueror wrote:
Have you filled in the right column (employer, from to dates) with all the dates? I don't remember all those details. :? How long did it take for the response? Finally, could you share the covering letter format please?

Sorry for so many questions.. :|
I didnt fill in on the right side but wrote a covering letter to say I don't remember all my employers for the last 10 years so I need you to send me everything you have on me.

the request was sent out a week ago and someone else on this forum said it took 65 days to get a response, so i'm hanging tight for a couple of months.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:25 pm

muzakhaa wrote:Hi All,

Name of the employeer

Thanks and Regards,
Muzakhaa
Hi muzakhaa,
Can you tell that how long it takes your employment history take to reach and how did you requested it?

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi Coolmind I used the same form a mentioned by fielddrive. Also I didnt fill the right side because thats what I was querying that I need to know my employers in last 10 years. I didnt write any covering letter with this application either, however I think it took about 1.5 months for the documents to reach my door. Apologies I cant calculate the exact time as I applied for the Employment History and then I went away on my Holiday for about a month.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:55 pm

muzakhaa wrote:Hi Coolmind I used the same form a mentioned by fielddrive. Also I didnt fill the right side because thats what I was querying that I need to know my employers in last 10 years. I didnt write any covering letter with this application either, however I think it took about 1.5 months for the documents to reach my door. Apologies I cant calculate the exact time as I applied for the Employment History and then I went away on my Holiday for about a month.
Thank. But this form don't have postal address on it.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:25 pm

HM Revenue & Customs
National Insurance Contributions & Employer Office
Record Retrieval Service
Room BP8003
Tynemouth House
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NE98 1ZZ

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 pm

fielddrive wrote:HM Revenue & Customs
National Insurance Contributions & Employer Office
Record Retrieval Service
Room BP8003
Tynemouth House
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NE98 1ZZ
I am referring to the applicant own home address instead tax department address. There is no section to mention your own postal address.

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Coolmind, I think this should be on their file also When I send it via post in an envelope I did write my address as a sender "FROM".

BR
Muzakhaa

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi Let me explain my situation, it is best explained from beginning and I would like to have your thought on it, much appreciated.

1992- I was 10 years old and entered UK as a dependent under my father. I didn't have a passport and was under my mother's passport.

2000- At age 18 years, I Received my own passport. Visa was still under my father's dependent.

2003- Applied for ILR under discretionary/compassionate ground (as it was 11 years out of 14 years) while VISA was still under my dad’s name/ dependent.

2004- My solicitors informed HO refused my 2003 ILR application and they will apply for VISA extension. I started my first professional job by then. My work asked me very little as to if I am legal or not.

Between 2004 and 2008, I did not heard back from HO, as they misplaced my case work for 4 year, and once they found my case work, they re-started on it. **I really don’t know this was taken down as staying illegally, as the letters I got did not state anywhere that HO wants me to leave UK**

June 2009- I was involved in a car accident and I had received 4 points on my driving license and fine.

2009- LVR was granted until Jan 2010, and I was able to take up any work. But by already this time I was working professionally, whenever I was asked about my Visa by my employer, I simply said it is under consideration and showed them my letter from HO that I received when my solicitors applied in 2004.

Jan 2010- Applied for extension on Visa. When application was granted, my solicitors asked HO to change this application to ILR (14 years long residency). Continued to work as normal as I was eligible.

June 2010 - HO informed my solicitor that the right fee should be paid, as the fee for ILR application is higher.

July 2010 - Application received/processed by HO to start ILR process. Continued to work as normal.

Oct 2010 - ILR was granted.

Jan 2012 - Applied for Naturalization (after 1 year staying rule).

April 2012- HO refused as I had unspent conviction/traffic offence, and they said wait 5 years from June 2009.

June 2014- Applied for Naturalization (2nd).

April 2015- HO refused as they claim I was stayed 'illegally' from Jan 2010 to July 2010 when I applied for naturalisation. But the fact is applied for Visa extension on Jan 2010, and then application was changed during HO deccession (which they accepted). It was written on my refusal letter I would be eligible to re-apply 5 years from July 2010.

Oct 2015- Going for Naturalization (3rd) I waited until now as it would be safer to apply because I would have a clear 5 years stay from the day I was granted ILR.

My question is regarding the section 9.7C below, as I am worried that the Home Office may say that I was working without permission before my status was legalised in the UK in last 10 year period. As they already claim I overstayed from Jan 2010 to June 2010, which is not true (but how do you correct a case worker?!).

------ ----------- ------ ----------- ------ -----------
Section 9.7 (c) of Annexure D of Chapter 18 of Nationality Instructions;
9.7 Evasion of immigration control
The decision maker will normally refuse an application if within the 10 years
preceding the application the person has not been compliant with immigration
requirements, including but not limited to having:
a. failed to report
b. failed to comply with any conditions imposed under the Immigration Acts
c. been detected working in the UK without permission