ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can one study part/full time on Intrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

Can one study part/full time on Intrepreneur Visa

Post by Meesha » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Dear Forum Members,
I wonder if T1 Intreprenuer visa holder can carry out part or full time study alongside working as a director of the company which he/she feels can improve the business. Is is permissible by HO?

Thanks a lot

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Can one study part/full time on Intrepreneur Visa

Post by aliq09 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Meesha wrote:Dear Forum Members,
I wonder if T1 Intreprenuer visa holder can carry out part or full time study alongside working as a director of the company which he/she feels can improve the business. Is is permissible by HO?

Thanks a lot
It's a big NO.. you are running and developing business with skills you already have so why on earth you need another MBA ? i can say small courses should be ok to " enhance" your skill but full time / part time study/ degree , will be a big NO IMHO....
Thanks

Ali

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Meesha wrote:Dear Forum Members,

Thanks a lot
As far as you full fill all requirements under applicable rules you could study. You could have some qualifications but further study could sharpen your business management skills as long as you fulfill other requirements under guidance.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

Well I reckon you can, it is not restricted for you as you can see in your stay criteria, however, I think one should be little bit extra thoughtful on about how he/she going to rationally justify if in case it is inquired by HO at the time of extension.

If you go for evening courses when business is closed or for short courses to enhance business's sustainability or part time that hardly takes your time away required for your business; then it should go okay. Rest is all in Caseworker's hand, they can take or refuse anything that they think right, nothing is 100% certain here... :D

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 pm

@ Meesha, you are allowed to study if you follow the condition stated in;

Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Policy Guidance version 09/2015 - Page 14 - 15

Conditions of stay
40. Permission to stay under this route will be subject to the following conditions:

e. study subject to the condition below.
You are permitted to study, but you will need to obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate for the course/research and present it to your education institution before you start your study if:
(a) you are over age 18 (or will be over 18 by the time your leave expires); and
(b) your course is one of the following:
(i) a Doctorate or Masters degree by research in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 1 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules, or
(ii) a taught Masters degree or other postgraduate qualification in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules, or
(iii) a period of study or research in excess of 6 months in one of the disciplines listed in paragraphs 1 or 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules at an institution of higher education where this forms part of an overseas postgraduate qualification.
Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules can be found on the gov.uk website at: http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... appendix-6.

If your course (or research) completion date is postponed or delayed for more than three calendar months or there are any changes to the course contents (or the research proposal), you must apply for a new ATAS certificate within 28 calendar days, and must provide a print-out of the new certificate to your institution promptly.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.