ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why ukba most often not be able to change new address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Universal soldier
BANNED

Why ukba most often not be able to change new address

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi all,
Assisting some friend who is about to apply naturalization application but not sure that whether will he be living on same address when he will get decision. A lot of times we read that even the applicant has informed the ukba about his new address even get it confirmed over the phone but the correspondence still goes to old address. Why does this happens and what is the effective way over it. I don't think redirection is good solution because a lot letter still don't get redirected.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Re: Why ukba most often not be able to change new address

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Because both UKBA and Home Office are as incompetent as each other.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 pm

I will advise that apart of sending the post office mus,t provide service to securely collect the documents too on the production of id.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:59 pm

We've had no issues with UKBA and all it's incarnations over the last 12 years WRT addresses etc and we've moved four times in the period.

You just need to be methodical and organise yourself properly.

Simples....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:25 am

Wanderer wrote:We've had no issues with UKBA and all it's incarnations over the last 12 years WRT addresses etc and we've moved four times in the period.

You just need to be methodical and organise yourself properly.

Simples....
You may follow up on with all the methods and yet UKBA most likely not bother updating their databases. You, along with many have been lucky but survey says UKBA still miss out on a big chunk. It's basically a lottery, all thanks to their utter incompetence.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 pm

UKBA, royal mail, London underground, etc belongs to same family who receives an abundance of laziness & incompetence in inheritance. That's why they won't let either of them in any area of incompetence.
But apart of all that the hand written letter still always work great than other technical ways perhaps they like traditional ways.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 am

Hi, a quick advice please:

I have been residing on address 'A' with my parents for last 7 years and all my mails, council tax, driving licence, passport is addressed here.

2014 Last year I have purchased a second property 'B' (same city) as an investment. and going to sell next year as I have almost finished renovating.
I had to put my name on property 'B' for council tax.

Although I do not live in property 'B', it is still registered under my name only. Do I have to mention this property address in the previous or current address part when filling out the form?
In case Home Office checks for council tax are up to date, both properties has direct debit being paid.

Thanks

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 am

User1982 wrote:Hi, a quick advice please:

I have been residing on address 'A' with my parents for last 7 years and all my mails, council tax, driving licence, passport is addressed here.

2014 Last year I have purchased a second property 'B' (same city) as an investment. and going to sell next year as I have almost finished renovating.

Although I do not live in property 'B', it is still registered under my name only. Do I have to mention this property address in the previous or current address part when filling out the form?
In case Home Office checks for council tax are up to date, both properties has direct debit being paid.

Thanks
If you have had not lived there then neither that you have to put it down as current nor the previous address.

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
User1982 wrote:Hi, a quick advice please:

Thanks
Thanks for reply. I asked as I thought in case HO decides to check if I am paying council tax or not, local council will say I have moved to another property, and HO might frown on that.

But I phoned up HO and asked for advice - they said in this case mention the address and reason for it on Page 24, on other info. And that's what I am going to do.
If you have had not lived there then neither that you have to put it down as current nor the previous address.